PDA

View Full Version : Sending personal (gift) Paypal

justbob
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
DON'T! It's NOT worth it. Just cough up the 3% or tell the seller to pound sand. After three and half weeks of promises of shipment on a trans I bought from a deadbeat on another site I never received it. I never got updates unless I asked, and never once got a tracking number after repeated attempts.

I was told EVERY excuse in the book from this guy. Lets start in order. I've been really sick, I'm swamped at work after being sick, IT'S COLD! 😒, you said you weren't in a hurry, to his girlfriend telling me he was in the hospital and it had been shipped (<last time I ever heard from them again)

Plus he had spent my money already!

I finally gave him a date and let him know I would contact the police if I didn't receive the trans or money. I even warned him again the day before that date. I guess he didn't believe me? No responses.

I went to my bank to see what they could do, they were anxious to get on board to help, then off to the local Sheriffs Dept, once again, they seemed eager as hell to help out, and finally Paypal, once they heard I had other backing.

When Paypal found out it was a sale, they JUMPED at launching an investigation and to get their fees from the seller. Of course, this took a very high up person to make happen finally, but was worth the effort.

I sent the seller one last text with the Sheriffs phone number and report # and to just text them from now on. I had I full refund of $1,400 in 20 minutes...

This whole ordeal could have really sucked. It did require a lot of leg work and aggravation to pull it off, but thankfully it did.

Pay those fees! They are put in place to help you!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RubberCtyRauder
02-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Wow..that certainly sux...sorry to hear of the ordeal but glad you stood up and made that sob pay it back and I hope he gets what he is deserving.

Mr. Man
02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Glad to hear you got your $$$ back on your "trans" Boub.

I wasn't aware you were looking for such a drastic change in your life, but good for you!!!and I hope the operation when you get it gives you what ever it is your missing in life........................:D

03sport007
02-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Glad to hear you got your $$$ back on your "trans" Boub.

I wasn't aware you were looking for such a drastic change in your life, but good for you!!!and I hope the operation when you get it gives you what ever it is your missing in life........................:D

That was funny!!

I'm glad you got your money back. Let's see some more pics of that trans!!!

DOOM
02-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Glad you got your Monet back biscuits! :up:

Where's this guy located? He deserves a VISIT!

CBT
02-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Glad you got your Monet back biscuits! :up:

Where's this guy located? He deserves a VISIT!

Dirty deeds, bro. :beer:

Bob, I'm thinking it would benefit the community if you posted the sellers name and address so none of us fall prey to him on future sales.

Mike
02-08-2013, 05:19 AM
Sucks to hear you had to go thru all that trouble :mad: but at least you got your money back :D

Haggis
02-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Dirty deeds, bro. :beer:

Bob, I'm thinking it would benefit the community if you posted the sellers name and address so none of us fall prey to him on future sales.

And phone number.

efi4eye
02-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Yikes, glad you at least got some resolution. If anyone ever asks for a "gift" payment I send them a regular payment with the Paypal fee added on top, rather than take the hit as a "gift." It should be the same thing to the seller, unless they're trying to screw you. It already paid off for me once, seller stopped replying and never sent the item. I couldn't have gotten Paypal to do much as a "gift" payment for a small amount, but since I did it as a payment for goods I was able to make a claim and get my item. Sucks that it has to be that way, but people don't always do the right thing when there's money involved

DOOM
02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
And phone number.

:eek:

Could you imagine if Casey got a hold of this dudes number! :chat:

:rofl:

Haggis
02-08-2013, 08:57 AM
:eek:

Could you imagine if Casey got a hold of this dudes number! :chat:

:rofl:

Ask Brad (Ponyup) what I did to him over the phone? :rofl:

Baaad GN
02-08-2013, 09:01 AM
My son and I had a similar situtation and learned the hard way what to do and when! First if you have a problem like this immediately file a complaint with paypal, don't go back and forth a dozen of times, why you say, who ever files first complaint win's, that is what we learned as the person we where having problem with did this and we lost even thou we bought something, paid for it and item came damaged, not a little but basically destroyed. He filed first and we were outta luck. This person we dealt with knew the system and how it work's so be careful. Doesn't make sense? ya thats what we thought but learned.

justbob
02-08-2013, 11:14 AM
It was another Ford site, screen name to be withheld. He appears to only have one other complaint, all other sales were fine. Just my bad luck.
Pay the fees for protection and it won't be an issue if they can't provide a tracking number.

PonyUP
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
It was another Ford site, screen name to be withheld. He appears to only have one other complaint, all other sales were fine. Just my bad luck.
Pay the fees for protection and it won't be an issue if they can't provide a tracking number.

Glad it worked out Bob and this is great advice, I think of it as sales tax, but it protects me

Glad you got the cash back, it sucks that people have to be such scumbags

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

guspech750
02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
I only send a "gift" to people I know. Otherwise I'll pay the fee. I've had good luck with PayPal issuing me a refund for some duchebag sellers.

Glad you have gotten it resolved Bob.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

guspech750
02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
My son and I had a similar situtation and learned the hard way what to do and when! First if you have a problem like this immediately file a complaint with paypal, don't go back and forth a dozen of times, why you say, who ever files first complaint win's, that is what we learned as the person we where having problem with did this and we lost even thou we bought something, paid for it and item came damaged, not a little but basically destroyed. He filed first and we were outta luck. This person we dealt with knew the system and how it work's so be careful. Doesn't make sense? ya thats what we thought but learned.

Also I believe you only have 30 days to file a complaint. So don't let the deadbeat seller or buyer drag it out.

File the complaint ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

gdmjoe
02-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Here's my policy that gets included with each "for sale" post ...
Payment: PayPal™
Buyer pays fee(s) -OR- 3% will be added to the total co$t.I also include package/shipping particulars ...
Shipping Information: Package n" x n" x n"
nLbsDelivery upsŪ
Ground.
Insured.From ZipCode - <zipcode>
<city> - <state>In fact ... I have a "for sale" form that only needs to have item particulars filled-in.

A reply that I provided to a to tire-kicker's post on another forum where I had a Raptor front bumper for sale ...

05FX4 - I never understand why sellers always want buyers to pay their fees. I could maybe understand asking for half but come on Your using the service too!!!
Will/can accomodate money orders as well. *And in PMs to prospective buyers, note this.

Regarding the "service" ... PayPal™ is more|less a convenience for the buyer. buyer protection
don't have to get a money order.
don't have to mail the money order.
don't have to wait for the money order to be delivered (and cleared). etc., etc., etc..I've found that most buyers prefer to use PayPal™. While a relatively newcomer to <forum>, this isn't my 1st rodeo and have been buying/selling via forums' for sale sections for more than 10years.

So ... Are you going to purchase the bumper by paying with a money order?

Otherwise, I'll entertain your never understandings in PM.
:D

tbone
02-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Nice work Bob.