PDA

View Full Version : 15 rockets and a sled...

woaface
03-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, coming down a large highway today, I stumble upon around 15 crotch rockets and follow them for a while...blowing by and watching the fly off for about 3 or 4 miles. Some of them were doing wheelies at 80mph and that was just awesome...

They never really noticed me until this one stoplight. They're all talking and revvin' the cylinders and I put mine in netural and step on the gas. You couldn't hear my car over theirs until I had almost topped out.

They looked at me, smiled, laughed. Light turns green and most of them just go like normal, however four of them gun it and I glance down at my speedo. I smoked BOTH tires this time and when I was doing 45, not 30 feet out of the intersection, I look up (this took half a second to look down) they were almost a quarter mile away and must have been doing 90 or 100 mph.

150 horses on 900 pounds and a driver makes for a quick piece eh?

Now this puts me in the mood for something faster...way faster...like a supercharger on my car or something. I've sent a couple of e-mails and until I have 6-8 grand, it won't happen. So I probably won't get this sled for a year or two. But a decent thought none-the-less! I'll just go ahead and buy a new Marauder for cheap. There's some holes in this theory...but I've got 2 years to work it out:up:

woaface
03-08-2004, 03:00 PM
I should also mention they kept asking a friend of mine in a seprate car to get one one of their bikes and ride with them...:shake:

SILVERMARAUDER
03-08-2004, 04:23 PM
i will bet a new tranny is in the future of your GM LS "WHOFACE" sounds like you had fun though! i too burned up my moms tranny on her 1973 county squire woody back in the day :P with same style nutral drops!

CRUZTAKER
03-08-2004, 04:32 PM
:nono: Woa, dude, don't kill your car chasing crotch rockets.

I did this regularly when I was in my teens...but I had a brand new modified twin turbo rotory RX-7.

Perhaps you should look into cars without pistons and rods for this type of escapade, otherwise, stick to four wheel ricers:P

woaface
03-08-2004, 04:58 PM
The Netural drop was an accident...and as much as I'd love an RX-8...insurance would be more than the car itself:eek: :down: