PDA

View Full Version : Fake Phone Call from Microsoft

RacerX
02-14-2013, 07:11 AM
So not even 5 minutes after getting into work, on of the owners of the computer company I work for gets an anonymous phone call on her cell phone. She answers wondering what's up. It's someone calling from "Microsoft"! She puts it on speaker phone for me to hear, with a smile. Indian on the other end: "We have noticed that your computer is infected with viruses and we need to help you clean your pc.
I can go a few different ways at this point. Should I mess with him, follow along and then see what he can help me with once I have OSX booted up? :D Nah, busy day, I'll get him off fairly quick.
Indian: Is your computer on? If not, please turn it on and let me know when you are at the desktop.
Me:"Where's the power button???"
Indian:"??? What sir?"
Me: (very direct) "Listen, I know what you're doing, we're a computer company and I know this scam. We're Microsoft Authorized Resellers. Let's play a game called "How long can I keep the Indian on the phone"."
Indian: "This is not a scam sir!"
(I can hear another voice in the background and it sounds frustrated)
Me: In a heavy Indian accent which I have mastered working for Indians in the computer world and watching The Simpsons when I was younger) "If you do not show me how to turn this pc on, I will be forced to take your godess Lakshmi and rip all eight of her arms off!
He dropped a couple F-bombs and CLICK!!!
They do NOT like when you insult their gods/godesses! :D

MM2004
02-14-2013, 07:22 AM
You gotta love being a PC Geek and getting these type calls.

:lol:

Mike.

RacerX
02-14-2013, 07:30 AM
I just wish I had time to do a better job like this guy! :D

UvNVTKXhj2o

Haggis
02-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Me - Wong Dong Coosine, take ordwer pwease.

Them - Hello?

Me - We have speciaw, cowwing. Take ordwer.

Them - Yes, sir.

Me - Wat you want? Cowwing special. Take ordwer pwease.

Them - I am not hungry, I jus....

Me - You no hungwey, why you caw?

Them - i just want to (sell) let you know.....

Me - Dis rewestwant, we have speciaw, cowwing, take ordwer.

Them - {click}

RacerX
02-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Nice! :D We no have viwus, just cat today.

It would be great to let them remote in to a virus infested system to see if you could infect them. Maybe have a nice desktop backgroung of a godess or two being beheaded, a mutilated cow or three... :D

DOOM
02-14-2013, 07:40 AM
You guys crack me up! :rofl:

CBT
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
so not even 5 minutes after getting into work, on of the owners of the computer company i work for gets an anonymous phone call on her cell phone. She answers wondering what's up. It's someone calling from "microsoft"! She puts it on speaker phone for me to hear, with a smile. Indian on the other end: "we have noticed that your computer is infected with viruses and we need to help you clean your pc.
I can go a few different ways at this point. Should i mess with him, follow along and then see what he can help me with once i have osx booted up? :d nah, busy day, i'll get him off fairly quick.
Indian: Is your computer on? If not, please turn it on and let me know when you are at the desktop.
Me:"where's the power button???"
indian:"??? What sir?"
me: (very direct) "listen, i know what you're doing, we're a computer company and i know this scam. We're microsoft authorized resellers. Let's play a game called "how long can i keep the indian on the phone"."
indian: "this is not a scam sir!"
(i can hear another voice in the background and it sounds frustrated)
me: In a heavy indian accent which i have mastered working for indians in the computer world and watching the simpsons when i was younger) "if you do not show me how to turn this pc on, i will be forced to take your godess lakshmi and rip all eight of her arms off!
He dropped a couple f-bombs and click!!!
They do not like when you insult their gods/godesses! :d

you gotta love being a pc geek and getting these type calls.

:lol:

Mike.

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr rrrds!!!!!!

CBT
02-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Me - Wong Dong Coosine, take ordwer pwease.

Them - Hello?

Me - We have speciaw, cowwing. Take ordwer.

Them - Yes, sir.

Me - Wat you want? Cowwing special. Take ordwer pwease.

Them - I am not hungry, I jus....

Me - You no hungwey, why you caw?

Them - i just want to (sell) let you know.....

Me - Dis rewestwant, we have speciaw, cowwing, take ordwer.

Them - {click}

You didn't use your famous "Chicken go meow, beef go bow wow" on them?! :lol:

Haggis
02-14-2013, 09:35 AM
You didn't use your famous "Chicken go meow, beef go bow wow" on them?! :lol:

No that is:

"We have speciaw, fouw wegged chicken. Becauwe leg have more meet then wing."

"Chicken go meow, beef go bowwow amd powk go squeek squeek."

"Take ordwer pwese."

Marauder_Santa
02-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I like your response of where is the power button. You could keep them going for days with with that.

mike P71
02-14-2013, 08:48 PM
I got the same call two days ago and told him to go F... himself and he hung up

TFB
02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Should just boot up on Linux...

MyBlackBeasts
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
We're Microsoft Authorized Resellers.

Who do you work for?

RacerX
02-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Who do you work for?

http://www.showtimepc.com/
Tech Mgr.

JoeBoomz
02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Ah the good old, small, privately owned old school computer build shops. I worked at one of those for years as the tech mgr and it was one of the best jobs of my life.

Getting paid to build and overclock computers - it would be as good as getting paid to tune and upgrade cars :)

Bill, what's with the 1.44 drives on the top of the website!? Hot item for you guys or what?

RacerX
02-18-2013, 10:43 AM
:D We still sell 1.44 Floppy drives. When your old $30k cnc machine, shop alignment system, embroidery system needs a floppy drive asap... ;) Or I can build you a brand new $16k+ Server (a REAL SVR!). We're one of the biggest Microsoft VARs within a few states...

CBT
02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
:D We still sell 1.44 Floppy drives. When your old $30k cnc machine, shop alignment system, embroidery system needs a floppy drive asap... ;) Or I can build you a brand new $16k+ Server (a REAL SVR!). We're one of the biggest Microsoft VARs within a few states...

Are you much into gaming, sounds like you would know how to put together a billybadass gaming computer.

RacerX
02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Casey, I repair X-Boxes and usually use one of the spares or the PS3 to play games. When I play games. Can I build a bada$$ gaming system, oh yeah! It's just a matter of what the customer's budget and needs are. Computers bore me though, I am surrounded by them all day... Give me a wrench and some go-fast parts and I'll pop a tent. :D