PDA

View Full Version : Florida's roads

lji372
02-15-2013, 05:28 PM
made my way to florida on thurs (fort meyers) to check out my new ride. rain of course:/ so i decide to drive over to port st lucie to visit a buddy and noticed quite early in the drive you people are spoiled down here. your roads are awesome! it was so nice not worrying about dodging pot holes.

my only problem is there are cops EVERYWHERE! i'm so used to taking our highway speed limits as a suggestion. it was very difficult to have such a beautiful road and not be cruising at 90.

this place is a cruel joke.

WhatsUpDOHC
02-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Pics please.

slickster
02-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Ohhh yea s fla has butter roads. Tx is very very bad

STEPS
02-15-2013, 06:02 PM
glad you like em go with the flow it's one more reason I moved here

MrBluGruv
02-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Tx is very very bad

As a resident, I can second that.

Some of my friends tell me I'm crazy for thinking it too. The state highways might be nice, but other roads? One half are either falling to pieces or are filthy because they are never cleaned, the other half are both.

Geewez
02-15-2013, 06:55 PM
I flew into Florida last October to pickup my 2003 MM and drive home to California. I too was impressed with the beautiful roads on the drive back. We don't have anything like that in California. Here in CA it's a concrete jungle with heavy traffic, graffiti, crazy drivers etc.

boatmangc
02-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Yeah but this time of the year we have "snowbirds" that mess up traffic like you can't imagine.
And the further south you go the more prominent the "all texting use left lane" rule is....

The grass really isn't greener, but the weather down here ROCKS!!

lji372
02-16-2013, 07:08 AM
any chance you guys down here can petition your government for a cop furlough and no snowbird day?

has anyone down here with a marauder not gotten a speeding ticket (former cops who had one these need not reply :) )?

boatmangc
02-16-2013, 08:49 AM
I have not gotten a speeding ticket, i have been pulled several timer for tints even though this is the lightest tint I have EVER had on a car.
Bad enough I peeled it all off and redid it lighter.
Car's a friggin magnet.
I was pulled by 6 guys in 2 unmarked cars, on my way to a show. One of the youngun officers drug his hand from one end of my car to the other saying "man this is smooth"!
Arsehole

cragantler
02-17-2013, 10:54 AM
any chance you guys down here can petition your government for a no snowbird day?

That would never happen. Ever since the Rat came to Orlando, the whole state has sold out. You want nice roads, travel back in time about 30 years at least. Once the state was lovely and you could drive down roads without seeing anyone.
Damn I feel old:bigcry:

Roadwarrior
02-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah but this time of the year we have "snowbirds" that mess up traffic like you can't imagine.
And the further south you go the more prominent the "all texting use left lane" rule is....

The grass really isn't greener, but the weather down here ROCKS!!

Other than the above^^^, the roads in Florida being as smooth as a new billiard table is definitely--------> :2thumbs:

Baaad GN
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
We have nice roads in Chicago on the Mayors block and on Obama's block, the rest are shiX! Thats ok being we'll probably pass Cali with Illegal Immagrants in the next year or so as soon as we give them all better documents and benefits!

RoyLPita
02-18-2013, 07:04 AM
any chance you guys down here can petition your government for a cop furlough and no snowbird day?

has anyone down here with a marauder not gotten a speeding ticket (former cops who had one these need not reply :) )?

I got pulled over for speeding. He was radaring under a street light in the dark. I got out by saying I was going to work (at Ford) to get the speedo fixed.