PDA

View Full Version : Two for Two

Pat
02-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Two grand compliments on my Marauder in two days.
First at the Library, a fella came up to me (the only male in the place) and asked "is that your Marauder" in a serious tone? I thought, uh oh, but he just wanted to tell me how much he admired the car, lives in the area and sees it nearly every day. Nice.

The second was from a new carry out boy at the grocery store. As we approached the car he exclaimed "is that your Marauder"? Then went on about him and a friend looking at one for sale at a local towing company.

He almost had an "event" when I opened the trunk for him to load the groceries, the nitros bottle, stereo subs, amp and all.

A nine year old stock appearing car garners that much attention.......from everyday folks who seem to know that a Marauder is special,,,,,,unbeliveable.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/21/Dsc01406.jpg

DOOM
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
That is a very clean setup in your trunk Pat! :up:

RF Overlord
02-24-2013, 04:23 PM
That is a very clean setup in your trunk Pat! Needs more cowbell.

Black Dynamite
02-24-2013, 06:23 PM
I suspect it's based on my appearance, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've had someone approach me to compliment the car.

05crownsport
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
that is a very clean setup in your trunk pat! :up:

that's what she said!

L.Mark
02-24-2013, 11:25 PM
You should be proud!!! Haven't had the pleasure of person to person compliment, but I do like the Looooooong side long glances when they realize it's not quite a GMQ!!!

Motorhead350
02-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Cool stories.

Spectragod
02-25-2013, 09:33 AM
You should be proud!!! Haven't had the pleasure of person to person compliment, but I do like the Looooooong side long glances when they realize it's not quite a GMQ!!!

Had some girls flash me thier boobies one day on the highway.....does that count?:rolleyes:

jwibbity
02-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Had some girls flash me thier boobies one day on the highway.....does that count?:rolleyes:

i would have this happen with my wife in the car and i would get slapped, lol

CBT
02-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Someone cut the wire from your bottle of bass booster to your speaker box.

A nine year old stock appearing car garners that much attention.......from everyday folks who seem to know that a Marauder is special,,,,,,unbeliveable.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/21/Dsc01406.jpg

Micahdogg
02-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Nice! The only comments I ever get are from the guys at Autozone (while I'm fetching parts for one of our other cars). The one guy was like, "Man I bet that thing is fast as *****," and I was like, "Eh?...not really." He then asked what mods I was going to do and I said, "Nothing. You can actually get in this car and drive places." :)

L.Mark
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM

...to quote someone else...pics or it didn't happen:D

MMcactusflower
02-27-2013, 08:08 AM
That is a great feeling when someone appreciates our rides...happens to me a lot here in the Texas hill country when I take my DTR out for a spin or run downtown...most people here do not know what I am driving so that usually starts the conversation...

CBT
02-27-2013, 08:44 AM
That is a great feeling when someone appreciates our rides...happens to me a lot here in the Texas hill country when I take my DTR out for a spin or run downtown...most people here do not know what I am driving so that usually starts the conversation...
Pat is a nice guy, I could see him happily explaining the Marauder to strangers who ask about it.

marauder21
02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
I get more compliments for the color OF the car rather than the car itself lmao
I guess its a DTR thing :rolleyes::D

CBT
02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
I get more compliments for the color OF the car rather than the car itself lmao
I guess its a DTR thing :rolleyes::D

I've said many times, a clean shiney DTR paint job is the best color of the 4. Metalflake really pops on them for some reason. You can see it in the blues, but not as much in my opinion.

guspech750
02-27-2013, 09:48 AM
I've said many times, a clean shiney DTR paint job is the best color of the 4. Metalflake really pops on them for some reason. You can see it in the blues, but not as much in my opinion.

True that brother?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Curless
02-27-2013, 01:54 PM

I am officially jealous of anyone who has had this happen, 40 years old and never been flashed...BY A GIRL JOE! Had to throw that in before you could comment!

babbage
02-27-2013, 07:46 PM

pics or it did't happen! ;)

Spectragod
02-27-2013, 07:53 PM
pics or it did't happen! ;)

Unlike all those in Russia, I don't have a camera onboard to record such events. :rolleyes: