PDA

View Full Version : R U faster than a Redneck? (TV Show)

Mebot
02-26-2013, 12:36 PM
I was getting some work done last night and had the TV on in the background. I was watching the Pinks All Out episode (the one where the guy from VA with the white 91 mustang beat out the other 64 contestants :banana2:)

Anyways after Pinks was this show called R U Faster Than A Redneck. Has anyone else seen this? The premise is basically imports vs American. In South Carolina they race on a 1.3 mile track with S curves and speed stretches. Some of the cars they raced include a BOSS 302 Mustang, a Chevy SS Camaro and '70 Ford Torino. It's hosted by some guy and all he did was crack jokes and make fun of the imports.

At first it was kind of funny, but after awhile it got old. I mean, I am all for American Muscle but I honestly believe if you have a car that you love working on, doesn't matter if its made in Hong Kong, Detroit, Rome or Stockholm, I'll support your endeavors. It's a hobby. The dudes on the show just rubbed me the wrong way.

interesting concept, but enough with the banter.

kthxby

Mebot
02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I mean the guy with the 1999 BMW 328i had a pretty sleek machine. The imports were impressive. Some guy even had a Lamborghini

lji372
02-26-2013, 01:22 PM
I mean the guy with the 1999 BMW 328i had a pretty sleek machine. The imports were impressive. Some guy even had a Lamborghini

gtfo i thought i was the only one up watching. i couldn't go to bed till it was over.
i think it was just stupid trash talking for show. if i was that guy I would have driven Kenny Wallace sideways and drove on to the finish line.

it was fun to watch though, just keep the volume low :)

Joe Walsh
02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
I saw that show too!

I was LMAO at the jokes the redneck was cracking about the imports!

I'm hooked on that show.