PDA

View Full Version : WTF!! Rewarded for saving a life.

guspech750
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Un***** believable!!

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/03/03/sixteen-year-old-fl-student-suspended-for-disarming-gunman-saving-students/

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

myrodr
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
reward days off from school. Hope this young man knows he is a hero!

martyo
03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Just wow!!!!

lji372
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
merica......

Granddaddy Marq
03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
These people are incharge of educating our children!? What a bunch of fools! I think they're better off out of that school. Somebody needs to buy those YOUNG MEN a beer.

CBT
03-05-2013, 01:22 PM
The terrorists win.

sailsmen
03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
The individual has no rights and therefore no responsibility or obligations. It was cemented by the term first responder.

This is by no means an isolated incident.

Curless
03-05-2013, 01:32 PM
My child would never go to that school again, period.

Shaijack
03-05-2013, 06:08 PM
If the kid shot the other kids then the gun was taken away, some Azz hole would have suspended him for not savingthe shot kids life. America is full of people that need common sense. WAKE UP AMERICA.

Marauderman
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Uh.....the right thing to do........is now becoming the wrong............notice the trend................its coming from the upper hand of govt...the trickle down effect....in large quantities...........and this is what has already started....I am doing the best I can from mentioning the other ..............which is causing it all..........

My Dad said......one day it will be like the old west---its a go around system---we all will be wearing guns--defending our rights----just like how it all started out in the west and earlier days.............maybe not in your life or your grands.....but its a cycle............all I can say is..hummmmmm...seems it has begun in a lot of ways

MyBlackBeasts
03-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Un***** believable!!

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/03/03/sixteen-year-old-fl-student-suspended-for-disarming-gunman-saving-students/

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Saw this a couple days ago... Had me shaking my head in disbelief.

Then I saw this one today! Had me screaming mad!!!

http://www.ktnv.com/news/watercooler/194673111.html

It's time to shut down the entire school system and throw out every rule made in the last 30 years!!! This teacher needs to be taken out back & flogged!!! Dumb-ass...

Mustang man
03-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Wow !!!!!
Seriously, our society is doomed.

CBT
03-06-2013, 04:11 AM
My Dad said......one day it will be like the old west---its a go around system---we all will be wearing guns--defending our rights----just like how it all started out in the west and earlier days

Virginia is open carry. It's also concealed carry. ;)

CBT
03-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Saw this a couple days ago... Had me shaking my head in disbelief.

Then I saw this one today! Had me screaming mad!!!

http://www.ktnv.com/news/watercooler/194673111.html

It's time to shut down the entire school system and throw out every rule made in the last 30 years!!! This teacher needs to be taken out back & flogged!!! Dumb-ass...

Ban Pop-Tarts, plain and simple. Without Pop-Tarts, you can't make a gun and kill people.

cat in the hat
03-06-2013, 05:59 AM
90+ % of homicides by handgun are thug vs. thug.
Maybe they should give that a little more attention.

CBT
03-06-2013, 06:57 AM
90+ % of homicides by handgun are thug vs. thug.
Maybe they should give that a little more attention.

I wonder what percentage of them vote Democrat?

guspech750
03-06-2013, 07:02 AM
POP Tarts FTL.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 Bad Merc
03-06-2013, 11:07 AM
He must have been holding his' poptart gun wrong -everyone in Chicago knows you have to hold that sucka sideways when you point it!!!!!!

duhtroll
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
In many places, both students are automatically suspended in every fight, too. One for punishment and one for protection - while the details are sorted out. Think about it this way. The student was likely suspended for his own protection.

One thing I have learned about schools is that things escalate. One kid punches another kid one day. The next day, that kid and two of his friends corner that first kid and beat him up after school. The following day, one of them brings a knife.

Policies are there for a reason, if nothing else but to let people investigating the crime sort things out. It is why we as the public don't get every detail right away and they lock facilities down and kick everyone out when crimes happen.

I don't see that it says the student is being punished - just removed from school. I am certain once the case is investigated and all the details are known, appropriate action will be taken.

Now the pop tart thing...got nothin' there. I do know that anything that even looks like a weapon falls under the zero tolerance policy in most places - like saying the word "bomb" at the airport or "fire" in a theater. But this just sounds like a teacher overreacting.

MrBluGruv
03-06-2013, 12:27 PM
In many places, both students are automatically suspended in every fight, too. One for punishment and one for protection - while the details are sorted out. Think about it this way. The student was likely suspended for his own protection.

One thing I have learned about schools is that things escalate. One kid punches another kid one day. The next day, that kid and two of his friends corner that first kid and beat him up after school. The following day, one of them brings a knife.

Policies are there for a reason, if nothing else but to let people investigating the crime sort things out. It is why we as the public don't get every detail right away and they lock facilities down and kick everyone out when crimes happen.

I don't see that it says the student is being punished - just removed from school. I am certain once the case is investigated and all the details are known, appropriate action will be taken.

Now the pop tart thing...got nothin' there. I do know that anything that even looks like a weapon falls under the zero tolerance policy in most places - like saying the word "bomb" at the airport or "fire" in a theater. But this just sounds like a teacher overreacting.

This is the same impression I got after reading the article.

I think this site has kind of gotten out of hand with knee-jerk reactions to things now (as if it hasn't already been that way for a while)...

Once I see this district openly criticize his involvement as a BAD thing (not even that he saved lives even though in theory it was dangerous [but still had to be done]), THEN I will be upset, but as of this point, all I see is the district trying to keep all parties involved apart from each other so that no further negative action can occur through chance interaction under their watch.

sailsmen
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
An Update
Continuing Coverage
Victim calls Cypress HS teen 'hero' suspension crazy
School suspends teen for being "uncooperative" with investigation
By Matt Grant
CREATED MAR. 4, 2013
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A teen who wrestled a revolver away from a gun wielding teen, and possibly saved a life, was suspended because he was "uncooperative" with school officials and law enforcement during their investigation, according to a new referral sent to the family.

A Cypress Lake High School teen who had a gun pointed at him last week says he would be dead if not for the quick action of another student, who was suspended despite disarming the gunman and being called a hero.

The victim, who Fox 4 is not identifying, said it was "crazy" the school would suspend the teen who wrestled a.22 caliber RG-14 revolver out of the hands of a 15-year-old gun wielding suspect on a school bus last Tuesday.

"Do you think he would have killed you?," asked Fox 4 reporter Matt Grant.

"Yeah," the victim said.

Nearly a week after the incident, the victim says says he's still shaken. He recalls the suspect telling him he was "going to shoot and kill me."

According to the police report, "several other students" helped disarm the suspect who was "pointing the gun directly" at the victim and "threatening to shoot him."

"He was going to shoot him," said the teen who wrestled the gun out of the suspect's hands. "Point blank."

On Friday, Fox 4 interviewed the 16-year-old high school student who many are now calling a hero. He says is just a "regular going" who did what he "had to do." Fox 4 has agreed not to identify the teen because he fears for his safety.

"He raised the gun again, that's when I jumped him and we started fighting for the gun," the teen recalled. "And I got it from him."

"If you didn't tackle him," asked Grant, "what do you think would have happened?"

"More of us would have been dead," he said. "Not just one."

Three day suspension

The next day the principal suspended him for three days. According to the referral, it was because he was part of an "incident" where a "weapon was present."

"That's crazy," said the victim.

News of the teen's suspension stunned the victim who says there's no doubt his life was saved.

"If he didn't do what he did what do you think would have happened?," asked Grant.

"I would have probably been the next murder and counting in the city," the victim said.

A district source says the teen was suspended with two other students - the gunman and an accomplice. Others who helped tackle the suspect, a source says, were not suspended because they cooperated with the investigation.

Last week we tried to get answers from Cypress Lake High School Principal Tracy Perks. She drove off and later told us in an email: "I have nothing to say to YOU."

But she is responding to many viewers who flooded her with angry emails over the weekend saying, in part: "There are other circumstances involved in this situation and...NO students were suspended/punished for helping disarm another student of a firearm."

So why was the teen suspended?

The principal sent the teen's family a new referral on Saturday. This time a line was added to say he was suspended because he was "uncooperative" and "lied repeatedly" to school officials and law enforcement.

The teen says he was interrogated for four hours. He admits withholding information from authorities, telling them he "wasn't sure" if there was a gun on the school bus.

He says he feared for his life and didn't want to be seen as a "snitch."

"You don't talk around here," he said.

"Because then what?," asked Grant. "You get a bad reputation?"

"That," the teen said, "or you get killed."

The teen said district officials wouldn't be around to protect him afterward.

"My son did a very courageous thing on that bus," his mother said. "Without him and some other students there would have been some fatalities."

Fox 4 caught up with school board member Don Armstrong who is conflicted about this case.

"Do you stand by the decision to suspend this student?," asked Grant.

"I stand behind if a student lies," said Armstrong, "there's got to be consequences."

That consequence was a three day suspension that Armstrong admits might have been excessive.

"I know that he saved a student's life and he's a hero, period," said Armstrong. "That suspension needs to be expunged off his record."

The teen returned to school Monday.

The 15-year-old gunman was charged with possession of a firearm on school property and assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill.

School district statement

"The District has completed its investigation regarding an incident that took place on February 26, 2013, regarding multiple Cypress Lake High School students. The District is unable to comment regarding the specific disciplinary measures taken against specific students. However, it must be noted that during the initial investigation conducted by the administration of Cypress Lake High School the students involved refused to cooperate with school authorities regarding the events that occurred. As a result, appropriate disciplinary actions were taken at that time. Subsequently, law enforcement along with school officials have acquired additional information that has provided the complete picture of what occurred that day. Certain students involved have been and will be disciplined in accordance with that additional information consistent with the Code of Student Conduct and Florida law. The District will be making no further comment regarding this matter."

Matt Grant
mgrant@fox4now.com

Follow me on Twitter @MattGrantFox4

knine
03-06-2013, 02:46 PM
He was suspended because he, and the others, refused to cooperate with the initial investigation, not for his heroic actions.

sailsmen
03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Couldn't possibly be he feared for his life or those of his family???
No matter what the lesson the school taught on that day is to do nothing! Don't get involved. Do not help your fellow man.

Ahh, no heroic actions no get suspended.

Granddaddy Marq
03-06-2013, 05:33 PM
He was suspended because he, and the others, refused to cooperate with the initial investigation, not for his heroic actions.

So these young men are heros and know there 5th amendment rights. These guys aren't snitches. Well done men. Somebody buy them 2 beers.

Marauderman
03-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Virginia is open carry. It's also concealed carry. ;)

:Offtopic:
Then why bother have any "carry" law....really don't understand this...maybe you can explain better briefly...... more importantly,,,just get Va. to remove that stupid radar law............sorry,,back on target.

knine
03-06-2013, 07:51 PM
So these young men are heros and know there 5th amendment rights. These guys aren't snitches. Well done men. Somebody buy them 2 beers.
"these" young men are heros? They are not men, they are children. One was a victim, one was the hero and one was the offender that pointed the gun and threatened to take the other kid out. You again fire up the anti-establishment agenda. I doubt they are aware of what the 5th amendment even says. ....and there is no right against self incrimination if you have not violated any laws such as the "hero" or the victim did. Once again you demonstrate you have no idea what you are talking about. Two beers? You want to buy children ages 15 and 16 beers for not "snitching"? Your bias is showing. :shake:

CBT
03-07-2013, 07:04 AM
:Offtopic:
Then why bother have any "carry" law....really don't understand this...maybe you can explain better briefly...... more importantly,,,just get Va. to remove that stupid radar law............sorry,,back on target.

Good point. We should be allowed to hide weapons without a permit, it's just another tax scam. Do away with concealed carry laws and give me my 40 dollars back. Or 60 dollars, I forget which.

Same with radar law, just revenue generation. Want to generate revenue for a locality? Cut welfare programs, and let me get to WORK at whatever speed I deem safe for the conditions, and keep what I earn, concealled in my wallet, that one is going to take from me without the receiving the shock of thier life. Technically, the hydra-shok of thier life.....

Granddaddy Marq
03-07-2013, 06:13 PM
"these" young men are heros? They are not men, they are children. One was a victim, one was the hero and one was the offender that pointed the gun and threatened to take the other kid out. You again fire up the anti-establishment agenda. I doubt they are aware of what the 5th amendment even says. ....and there is no right against self incrimination if you have not violated any laws such as the "hero" or the victim did. Once again you demonstrate you have no idea what you are talking about. Two beers? You want to buy children ages 15 and 16 beers for not "snitching"? Your bias is showing. :shake:

Well office Knine, In my book if your MAN enough to take a gun away from an offender that's pointing it and threatening to take out a kid, your man enough to have a beer. Age has nothing to do with maturity. The "establishment" said they where children not common sense. Were I live the "establishment" is prosecuting a 14 year old as an adult. He was facing the death penalty but other civilized countries would have protested. So now he's only facing life with out parole. If you think that's right then your bias is showing.

CBT
03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Well office Knine, In my book if your MAN enough to take a gun away from an offender that's pointing it and threatening to take out a kid, your man enough to have a beer. Age has nothing to do with maturity. The "establishment" said they where children not common sense. Were I live the "establishment" is prosecuting a 14 year old as an adult. He was facing the death penalty but other civilized countries would have protested. So now he's only facing life with out parole. If you think that's right then your bias is showing.

That's kind of sad about the age thing. You can join the military at 17 and die defending your country before you can legally buy a beer. Or vote. ****ed up.

Baaad GN
03-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I can't believe all the comments on here, I understand poor Quadryle will accompany his mother when she's released for a beer in the Rosegarden!
So see everyone is getting worked up over nothing.

CBT
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I can't believe all the comments on here, I understand poor Quadryle will accompany his mother when she's released for a beer in the Rosegarden!
So see everyone is getting worked up over nothing.

Beer summit fixes all.

MyBlackBeasts
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Ban Pop-Tarts, plain and simple. Without Pop-Tarts, you can't make a gun and kill people.

Ban maps of Florida! They look like guns!!! :eek:

knine
03-08-2013, 03:51 AM

So when did these children become "mature" and earn their man card? When one branished a gun and threatened to kill another? When the "hero" was "uncooperative" and "lied repeatedly" to school officials and law enforcement in the investigation of a potential attempted homicide?

Studies have found that alcohol affects the growth and development of childrens mental abilities and development. Your answer is to introduce a child to a potentially addictive substance because of already thugish behavior?

I'd hate for society to read your "book" or live in your lawless mad-maxx environment of "non-snitching"-- everyone out for themselves mentality, ....and for the comment about some 14 year old being prosecuted as an adult, that's the way the system works. If they can prove that the person acted with malice and understood their actions then they can be charged as an adult in heinous crimes. Yup, I am biased against crime and criminals, it's my job.....protecting societies innocent against criminals and buffoons.

It is obvious that you had a bad experience and reject authority. You may opt out though. When someone steals your property or assualts a loved one, feel free not to call the police or "snitch" on who victimized you. The rest of us will live in a civilized society.

CBT
03-08-2013, 04:13 AM
I don't understand the lying to police. I think he should have snitched it up. I also think he should have blasted the other kid with his own gun after he took it away from him, as a lesson to others on how to maintain positive control of your weapon.