PDA

View Full Version : Hooters is changing?

Bigdogjim
03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/03/08/17226299-hooters-is-chasing-women-as-customers?lite=

WOW! What's next? What's a guy to do:lol:

tbone
03-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Hooters changed a lot in my town. They knocked it down and built a Chick-Fil-A.

PS Yeah, the food sucked too and no one went there. And the silly hand wringing by some locals who tried to stop it from opening still makes me wretch.

MrBluGruv
03-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Lol, it always cracks me up how people try to change their business models based on stereotypes. The sad part is that so much of the time they end up being true despite how much people complain about being stereotyped.

On a more serious note, having more women in the restaurant wouldn't bother me one bit, but I think a shallow and transparent attempt at pandering to a typified version of what some people want might bother me.

There have always been two things that turned me off to Hooters near where I live:
1. It's kinda ridiculous how many people bring their kids there. A LOT of kids. Even though it's just a restaurant, given it had tried to go for a sports bar vibe, I felt really uncomfortable with small children a table over.
2. The waitresses ALWAYS try to short change me. ALWAYS. But since they can't bring me the correct change, I also small-tip them, so I guess that works out...

Mebot
03-08-2013, 01:28 PM
one thing that turns me off from Hooters is the food. never had anything blow me away & quite honestly I can find the typical chicken wings, burgers, fries, etc elsewhere. not impressed

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

PonyUP
03-08-2013, 01:55 PM
The challenge with Hooters has always been their food, it's terrible. Even the wings aren't all that great. Their chicken is always dry, nothing comes with a side dish, and their service is more often than not, terrible.
Atmosphere is great, but without quality to back it up, they will suffer.
The Kilt has the same general principle, but much better food and service in my experience, and plenty of women go there, very few kids

Baaad GN
03-08-2013, 02:27 PM
I think if they go topless it work help us not consider whether the food is good or not, just saying!

L.Mark
03-08-2013, 03:30 PM
The burgers here were pretty good, but that was @ 7 yrs ago. I'm not going to eat there if there are scantily dressed men floating around.:shake:

jsignorelli
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM
We have a Hooters in Paramus (Bergen Cty NJ) and one in Hackensack (Bergen Cty NJ). The Paramus manager used to sponsor a cruise night for Motorcycles on Tues. night and cars on Thursday. Then, he decided that american cars were not a draw for customers, so he chased off the Shelby's, Trans Am's, Camero's and Corvettes. He wanted only very high end imports. The American Muscle used to pack the restaurant with car owners and viewers. So we got kicked out. The high end guys never showed up. His restaurant is now dead on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
The Hackensack location has too small a parking lot to have the cruise, but the manager would love to have the business that the Paramus location blew away.

The wings are great.... but the management is stupid. Perhaps the chain should go the way of Do-Do Bird.

L.Mark
03-08-2013, 04:39 PM
He went over the stupid fence...

RF Overlord
03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Hooters is changing. BFD.

Adding salads and raising the ceilings won't change the fact they are crass dumps...

DOOM
03-08-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm sure this thread will help my Hooters meet!

Thanks guys.

Mebot
03-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Thanks guys.

Oh hush you big baby :P, it doesn't matter whether or not we like the food or not, the point of your Hooters meet is exactly that! Meet up with fellow Marauder owners and have a good time!

Same argument for Marauder meet ups at breweries and stuff. Folks don't always drink, but they show up!

Mebot
03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Plus the one thing I do like about Hooters is they do give pretty tall mugs of frosty ice cold malt alcoholic beverages!

MM2004
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Me +1.

Me likes HOOTERS.

Ask Char.

:D

Mike.

MM2004
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Folks,

I've been going to this HOOTERS since they opened in 1984.

Rarely, have I had a bad experience at this location.

There are 5 HOOTERS in the general area, and this one is the best!

If you don't like the food. Don't go.

No one is busting your arm to show up, and it's all about us hanging out and having a great time!

As we will.

;)

Mike.

L.Mark
03-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Which Hooters is it???

PonyUP
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Folks,

I've been going to this HOOTERS since they opened in 1984.

Rarely, have I had a bad experience at this location.

There are 5 HOOTERS in the general area, and this one is the best!

If you don't like the food. Don't go.

No one is busting your arm to show up, and it's all about us hanging out and having a great time!

As we will.

;)

Mike.

I don't think anybody is busting on the Loyisville Hooters outing, but rather commenting on the article

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

jsignorelli
03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Hooters wasn't the problem... We really liked the food and the brotherhood at the cruise. It was the location manager who killed the Golden Goose. We used to have 50-60 cars and their families eating and drinking at the restaurant. We had a great time. Good food, great company, and friendly staff....only the social climbing jerk killed the cruise night. You can't blame Hooters, other than the home office for hiring a snob in the first place. If we could re-establish the cruise, it would be successful.

Bigdogjim
03-08-2013, 07:48 PM

Thanks guys.
Doom it's all BONDING :) We don't care where we hang out:beer:

PonyUP
03-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Thanks guys.

Fair enough bro, for what it's worth I'm looking forward to hooters. We are going to do German for dinner, but hit up booby town after.

Anyplace that have boobies on display is full of win

rayjay
03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Tilted Kilt FTW!

GAMike
03-08-2013, 08:17 PM
"The food sucks".... Man! Its not like we go there for an adventure in Haute Cusine is it? Lets not overanalyze the situation....... Is the beer cold? Yes??? Case closed :). Kinda hard to screw up cold beer hehehehe... Especially if a Hooters girl is .... Well you get the picture. Guys wearing Orange? Thats a different story.... One that I will let others discuss...:P

Mr. Man
03-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Fair enough bro, for what it's worth I'm looking forward to hooters. We are going to do German for dinner, but hit up booby town after.

Anyplace that has boobs on display is full of win

Sounds like the parking lot is going to be the place to be........:P:D;)

PonyUP
03-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Sounds like the parking lot is going to be the place to be........:P:D;)

😃😃😃😃 trudat

guspech750
03-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Which Hooters is it???

That one building along the street with girls dressed in tight orange shorts and white tank tops that serve food and drinks.

It's that one.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Haggis
03-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Anyplace that have boobies on display is full of win

YOUR not helping the cause.

SC Cheesehead
03-09-2013, 11:48 AM
The burgers here were pretty good, but that was @ 7 yrs ago. I'm not going to eat there if there are scantily dressed men floating around.:shake:

http://www.originalhooters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/saga-the-mid-90s-vince.jpg

PonyUP
03-09-2013, 12:13 PM
YOUR not helping the cause.

Did I say Boobies? Stupid autocorrect, that should read booties, you know those cute little shoes they wear

REAL4WD
03-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Haven't been to a Hooters in years. that's probably because the local Hooters sucks. Managers hire non-appealing women in general. no pretty faces, no 'hooters', doesn't look good in orange shorts. and on top of that they suck at serving. and of course the food quality blows.

It's doing well enough to stay open for the past 7 years or so. Just not my cup of tea.

L.Mark
03-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Don't care what the food is, just want to meet other dimented Marauder owners:lol:

tbone
03-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Hooters:

Boobs = Good

Food = Bad

Beer = Don't Care about food, bring more beer.

More Beer, Boobs = :eek:

Mebot
03-10-2013, 05:03 AM
beer with boobs = :screwy:

guspech750
03-10-2013, 06:39 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/sa3eqa5u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/zeby5ute.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/e7a3arur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Mebot
03-10-2013, 07:21 AM
add that to my list of "things you can't unsee"

:(

jsignorelli
03-10-2013, 07:24 AM
My eyes...my eyes.....

Well...after seeing the picture where someone is holding a sign "Hooters won't hire me" I say...Thank God..they have standards.

Now..about the pictures above that one...I'm going to rinse my eyes in gasoline with the hope that the vision will be purged!

SC Cheesehead
03-10-2013, 07:25 AM
add that to my list of "things you can't unsee"

:(

+1

Guy Fleegman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005377/): Whoa! Oh *that's* not right! No...

Bigdogjim
03-10-2013, 07:33 AM
You know I think 90% of the posters to this thread did read the link.

SC Cheesehead
03-10-2013, 07:35 AM
You know I think 90% of the posters to this thread did read the link.

Yup. Wanna bring in the girls, gotta show some cheesecake, Jim... ;)

L.Mark
03-10-2013, 12:14 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/sa3eqa5u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/zeby5ute.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/e7a3arur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S

revised...no scantily clad men:nono: or those things...:down:

HammerDown
03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Tilted Kilt FTW!

okay, all you funny guys............

rayjay, agree on the TK....

we visited rayjay in myrtle beach last month and had a great lunch at Tilted Kilt at Broadway on the Beach

haven't been to a hooter's for a while, so can't say much about it

HammerDown & Fordfrk

guspech750
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
My eyes...my eyes.....

Well...after seeing the picture where someone is holding a sign "Hooters won't hire me" I say...Thank God..they have standards.

Now..about the pictures above that one...I'm going to rinse my eyes in gasoline with the hope that the vision will be purged!

:lol:
:lol:

OMG! Too funny!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

L.Mark
03-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Me and the wife went to the one on preston...the food wasn't bad. Always get the burger and fries...just want to see the wings contest...I personally like Hooters and will continue to go...with 2 exceptions as I said earlier

lji372
03-11-2013, 01:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/hooters-ball-girl-picks-fair-ball-gives-fan-171843403--mlb.html

i don't think they're changing much lol

L.Mark
03-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Stupid rabbit...balls are for er...um...