PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Crown Vic

Robert 96
03-09-2013, 05:54 AM
I found a 2011 Crown Vic for sale with about 25k miles on it. It's my favorite color, WHITE, I know what a stupid color! Well anyway, It has the Flex Fuel engine and I was wondering if that is a problem for modding. I know you can make the 4.6 hot but what about the Flex Fuel engine. Dumb question, but I haven't been around for a couple of years. Thanks for any help.

fastblackmerc
03-09-2013, 06:53 AM
I found a 2011 Crown Vic for sale with about 25k miles on it. It's my favorite color, WHITE, I know what a stupid color! Well anyway, It has the Flex Fuel engine and I was wondering if that is a problem for modding. I know you can make the 4.6 hot but what about the Flex Fuel engine. Dumb question, but I haven't been around for a couple of years. Thanks for any help.

Contact Martyo at Mo's Speed Shop or Lidio at Alternative Automotive. Both are vendors here and both have forums.

loud2004marquis
03-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Wish the Marauder had Flex Fuel!

E85= more octane which can mean more power out of your stock components, with a good tune of course.

How available is E85 in your area?

djs2000mgm
03-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Engine itself isn't any different. It's just the fuel system/ECU/calibration has been changed so it can run on ethanol blends.

OleP71Dude
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I believe that Flex Fuel years also have stainless steel brakelines - less worry about corroding. Prior to the Flex Fuel years? I dunno fer sure, but dont think they were stainless.

which has nothing to do with your question...

OleP71Dude
03-10-2013, 03:29 PM
oh, and...
if you like a white crown vic, then no, it is not a stupid color.

some automotive body styles can look "better" in a certain color, from a certain styling or fashion perspective. but who cares? if YOU like it - THAT is all that matters. if the color you happen to like offends my eyes, that is MY problem, not yours.

so, good luck with your Panther pursuit - I hope you have FUN & get a good un !

knine
03-11-2013, 12:06 AM
some automotive body styles can look "better" in a certain color, from a certain styling or fashion perspective
Like BLUE for Marauders ;)

L.Mark
03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
I was thinking DTR's...:P