PDA

View Full Version : Justice is FINALLY Served!

WhatsUpDOHC
03-13-2013, 03:53 AM
Left Lane bandit ticketed:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/woman-gets-ticket-driving-2-miles-per-hour-211957738.html

Let's hope that it's a trend (I'm not that optimistic).

Ms. Denmark
03-13-2013, 04:39 AM
:bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

WhatsUpDOHC
03-13-2013, 04:44 AM
In Maryland, yet.

GAMike
03-13-2013, 04:59 AM
There is a Bill on this subject going through the GA Assembly, that is gaining support. :) Will it be enforced if it passes? I think so.... :banana2:

boatmangc
03-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Miami is where the left lane is exclusively for texting with one foot on the brake and one on the gas!

rayjay
03-13-2013, 07:08 AM
I95 has to be the worst road I have ever driven on for this. I hope they are going to zing the under speed truckers who just pull out in the hammer lane with no warning at 55mph too. :mad2:

Mebot
03-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Typical Maryland drivers. For some reason they absolutely love the left lane. Can't understand why. As soon as they get on a 4 lane road they move over to the left lane. Is this something that's taught to them in Drivers Ed?

ctrlraven
03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
I hate Maryland drivers and I live here.

guspech750
03-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Good. About fcking time.

I believe Illinois has a law about driving too slow in the left lanes and you will be ticketed. I have no clue if it's ever been enforced.

But it sure pisses me off when I'm driving the tractor trailers and slow pokes are clogging up the truck lanes and I have no choice but to go into the left lanes to pass stupid people.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

DEFYANT
03-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Doubt it will stick.

Mebot
03-13-2013, 08:48 AM
I hate Maryland drivers and I live here.

haha this is funny

tbone
03-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Yahoo makes me sick. They get you to read the stupid article by implying that she was ticketed for under speeding. Dammit that's irritating. Not even a story......

But yeah, I HATE left lane squatters!

TFB
03-13-2013, 09:22 AM
However, the woman noted the area was experiencing heavy winds at the time and she was only driving under the speed limit as a safety precaution. She also claimed to have never been ticketed before.

As good as thrown out of court already...

Mebot
03-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Ticketing someone for going 2 mph under the speed limit is like arresting someone for having a BAC just under the legal limit.

ajdereicup
03-13-2013, 09:36 AM
I hope she gets fined more for wasting the court time too. The left lane is for passing not sitting in it going slow.

Haggis
03-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Typical Maryland drivers. For some reason they absolutely love the left lane. Can't understand why. As soon as they get on a 4 lane road they move over to the left lane. Is this something that's taught to them in Drivers Ed?

HEY!!! It's my road and if you do not like it, do not drive here!!!! :mad2:

Mebot
03-13-2013, 09:52 AM
HEY!!! It's my road and if you do not like it, do not drive here!!!! :mad2:

haha when i drive in maryland I speed like a mother f%@$er saying "America, best God Damn country in the world. Disagree? We'll nuke you till ya glow"

knine
03-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Good. About fcking time.

I believe Illinois has a law about driving too slow in the left lanes and you will be ticketed. I have no clue if it's ever been enforced.

But it sure pisses me off when I'm driving the tractor trailers and slow pokes are clogging up the truck lanes and I have no choice but to go into the left lanes to pass stupid people.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Yes they do and ive written it

MrBluGruv
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
It just puts the icing on the cake that AAA is stepping in to protect those that obstruct traffic flow. :shake:

Spectragod
03-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Ticketing someone for going 2 mph under the speed limit is like arresting someone for having a BAC just under the legal limit.

Impeding the flow of traffic is just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.

MrBluGruv
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Impeding the flow of traffic is just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.

BIG +1

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that one person going slow in one lane affects more than just that lane, and the degree slower than the flow of the rest of traffic is directly proportional to how wide the area of affect is for the rest of traffic, e.g. going 20mph under the posted speed limit in the center lane can have dramatic effect on both adjacent lanes and possibly even lanes 2 lanes away from the slow vehicle.

You're entitled to go a wide range of speeds on roads, within a certain range (not exceeding the speed limit, nor too far under the posted speed limit, by law), but conversely everyone else is entitled to think you're a selfish ****ing moron for travelling at a speed that far outside of the norm.

WhatsUpDOHC
03-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Sounds like Pennsylvania/Philly drivers.