PDA

View Full Version : Deadly crash this morning.

Motorhead350
03-15-2013, 10:15 AM
I take this road all the time.

It's scary out there. Never get a car good on gas, stay safe and guzzle gas!

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9028804

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-15-2013, 10:20 AM
True that! Seems too many idiots driving the wrong direction on large hwys recently.

Black Dynamite
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I saw enough horrific accidents on the freeways to make me stick to the old 2 lane highways. They're not necessarily safer, especially with all the horned forest rats running around, but at least there's less traffic. More fun to drive on too.

Blown3.8
03-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Sheesh they'll give anybody a car these days... better ban cars out there in chicago now. Innocent people are being killed.:rolleyes:

guspech750
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
The Chicago Machine will find him not guilty.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Motorhead350
03-15-2013, 04:56 PM
The Chicago Machine will find him not guilty.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

The wrong way car was the one with the deaths.

ajdereicup
03-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah I'm kinda confused with this article. Who was going the wrong way? It kinda sounds like the officer crossed into the opposite lanes of traffic for some reason and hit the other 2 cars? Or what happened?

Motorhead350
03-16-2013, 02:08 PM
It sounds like the two in the Jeep entered on lake shore drive from the off ramp... against traffic. Took out two cars heading the correct way. Two people in wrong way vehicle died.

ajdereicup
03-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh damn that really sucks

Motorhead350
03-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Here is a follow up... I was wrong about a few things, but right about one. The car that took everyone out was the Chevy and the people that died were not the ones that caused the accident. It was a drunk off duty police officer. Entry was on the off ramp, against traffic going 60-70. The speed limit is 40 this time of year. Idiot.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/Lake-Shore-Drive-Crash-Fatal-198428361.html

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Saw a fatal crash this morning off the stevenson. Was pretty ugly.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/18916032-418/state-police-alcohol-a-factor-in-fatal-stevenson-expressway-crash.html

MrBluGruv
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Either I'm not that incompetent of a driver to where I'd have this problem intoxicated, or I've never gotten piss-drunk like some folks have, but can anyone explain to me how you can end up going the wrong way on one-way roads?

The problem is actually pretty big down here in San Antonio, and I fully do not understand it. Is it that these people are borderline falling asleep? If you are so ****ed up that you can't tell where you are going, how can you even make it out of the parking lot?

sailsmen
03-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Alcohol affects people in different ways. Don't just assume it was only alcohol legal and illegal drugs can also be a factor.

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-17-2013, 02:31 PM
9/10 times it is alcohol related here in Chicago. The other 1/10 is a suicidal maniac, wasn't that the case when a porsche almost ran into you head-on on the hwy some time ago Dom?

Motorhead350
03-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes I was almost killed a few years back from a suicidal maniac.

I think it all comes from the stress of the job of being a police officer. Seeing only the bad in people, unimaginable crimes that happen everyday that will become the norm in their life, seeing people ruin their lives, seeing someones life change forever because of some low life scum. I think the very last thing a good officer would want to be is a part of the group of people they are fighting against. This officer became it by killing two innocent people. I cannot imagine what all parties must be experiencing right now. Call me cold, but I am glad this is not my concern.

Of course there is the chance the officer was just being drunk and stupid.

PonyUP
03-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Yes I was almost killed a few years back from a suicidal maniac.

I think it all comes from the stress of the job of being a police officer. Seeing only the bad in people, unimaginable crimes that happen everyday that will become the norm in their life, seeing people ruin their lives, seeing someones life change forever because of some low life scum. I think the very last thing a good officer would want to be is a part of the group of people they are fighting against. This officer became it by killing two innocent people. I cannot imagine what all parties must be experiencing right now. Call me cold, but I am glad this is not my concern.

Of course there is the chance the officer was just being drunk and stupid.

He was out celebrating his birthday, blew a .186, so while I'm sure he see's some crappy things, he is nothing more but an asshat who forgot to be responsible. Cabs are available every 10 feet in chicago, and with the phone app Hailo that was started in Chicago, there is zero excuse. As a Police Officer, he should be held to higher standard because he sees the deadly effects of this stupidity every day, if anyone should know better, it's him

Motorhead350
03-18-2013, 08:25 AM
He was out celebrating his birthday, blew a .186, so while I'm sure he see's some crappy things, he is nothing more but an asshat who forgot to be responsible. Cabs are available every 10 feet in chicago, and with the phone app Hailo that was started in Chicago, there is zero excuse. As a Police Officer, he should be held to higher standard because he sees the deadly effects of this stupidity every day, if anyone should know better, it's him

F-N A!

What an idiot.

:shake:

A police officer in jail? His life is over.