PDA

View Full Version : Old or rare book websites?

Motorhead350
03-16-2013, 11:41 AM
I have been searching for the book Car, Boy, Girl for a while. No ebay, amazon or even a google search could find this book. Its from 1961 and is what The Love Bug ripped off, so it could be the first story of a car coming to life.

Let me know if you know a source to find this.

Thanks!

JBFTech
03-16-2013, 05:38 PM
We have a HUGE used book store here, with books that date to the 1800's and beyond. Next time we stop by there, I'll browse for it and ask them if they have it or have ever seen it. Their prices are dirt cheap too.

guspech750
03-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Check out the extensive libraries Chicago must have. Might get lucky.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

cruzer
03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
We have a HUGE used book store here, with books that date to the 1800's and beyond. Next time we stop by there, I'll browse for it and ask them if they have it or have ever seen it. Their prices are dirt cheap too.

Where is the store--I have a collection from 1687-- some owned by my mother-in-law while she lived in Scotland in the 1800s . I am in Ft Worth and would be glad to take the Marauder for a ride--any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Maury

JBFTech
03-20-2013, 08:11 PM
The store is located in down town Temple, it's called the Book Cellar, it's down stairs on the corner of Main and Central. Over 3200 sqft of hard to find books and out of print books, as well as new stuff. I haven't been in a few months, but they had a nice selection of old stuff the last time we went. They get regular business, they buy and sell pretty well, but they get books in daily. We should be going back soon, have a few we're going to look for. You might give em a call if you are interested in anything in particular (254) 773-7545.

IwantmyMMnow!
03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Try this website:

www.oneofakindboobs.net (http://www.oneofakindboobs.net)

Oh wait....you're looking for books....my bad...

cruzer
03-20-2013, 08:40 PM
The store is located in down town Temple, it's called the Book Cellar, it's down stairs on the corner of Main and Central. Over 3200 sqft of hard to find books and out of print books, as well as new stuff. I haven't been in a few months, but they had a nice selection of old stuff the last time we went. They get regular business, they buy and sell pretty well, but they get books in daily. We should be going back soon, have a few we're going to look for. You might give em a call if you are interested in anything in particular (254) 773-7545.

I'll give them a call next week when I can go into my storage and get the list. It would be a nice outing for Ginny and I and the Marauder. I'm 85 and need to get rid of some of the history we have accumulated. The kids have taken what they want and I don't want the remainder to go into the garbage bin. I'll let you know how this turns out. Again, thanks for the lead--drive safely, but with Gusto;) Maury

MM03MOK
03-20-2013, 08:54 PM
http://www.isaiahthomasbooks.com/

Motorhead350
03-21-2013, 03:56 AM
I will call that place today.

Thank you.