PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the NEW Panther cars in '07??

TAF
03-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Looks sweet to me...your thoughts?
http://warnerrobert.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f =10;t=002979
https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/passenger/lwb/wallpapers/fairlane_5_800_600.jpg

TAF
03-10-2004, 07:46 AM
I like this....

https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/passenger/lwb/wallpapers/fairlane_3_800_600.jpg

engine23ccvfd
03-10-2004, 07:46 AM
I like it buts its very similar to the Linc LS....think they can fit a 5.7 liter under the hood?

TAF
03-10-2004, 07:53 AM
How 'bout this...I wish the "spec sheet" was more visible in the pic...

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=264950

TAF
03-10-2004, 07:55 AM
From the rear...

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=264952

woaface
03-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Awesome! So Lincoln and yet so Jaguar

engine23ccvfd
03-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Got a little beemer thrown in from the side view as well...not sure I like the ridge on the top of the rear window

Ross
03-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I wonder what the overall length will be compared to today's Panthers? I personally think "bigger is better," but then I'm from Texas!

TripleTransAm
03-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Looks Australian...

Haggis
03-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Looks Australian...

Maybe it's Ford's answer to the GTO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gja
03-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey folks, 250 kW is 335 HP!!!!
Niiiiiiiiiice

ParkRanger
03-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Looks Australian...

Tyres with a "y" - probably British?

TAF
03-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey foks, 250 kW is 335 HP!!!!
Niiiiiiiiiice
Thanks g...I was waitin for somebody to do that metric conversion for us...:up:

bigslim
03-10-2004, 09:53 AM
This is Fords answers to the Holden in Australia. Ford has a line of rear wheel drive cars that do battle with the cars from GM's Holden line. Ford has no plans to bring these car over here. One reason, does the word "Merkur" ring a bell? Ford had brought the Merkur over here and it flopped. They don't know how to market these cars here and don't want to spend the money on government regulations either. So please don't get your hopes up on this one.

Constable
03-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Very cool... I think it looks kind of Mercedes-ish. Sweeeeet...

Silver_04
03-10-2004, 10:23 AM
These cars are the reason I hope the CTS-V and GTO sell well. If they do, hopefully Ford will develop or import some more RWD V8 vehicles.

http://www.ford.com.au/home/home.asp

BillyGman
03-10-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm going to be the unpopular one here w/these comments, but you asked for opinions Todd, so here's mine:

I agree w/Constable that it has a little Mercedes thrown into it's body design, and that's one of the things that I don't like about it. This car looks like a cross between a Mercedes and a Saab. neither of which I ever liked. The trend today is to make cars look higher, and narrower just like the Saabs looked throughout the late 80's and most of the 90's.

Look at how much distance there is from the top of the rear wheel febder well lip to the top of the trunk. It's just too high for my taste. And the same thing for the fender well lip in the front to the hood. This is the same reason why I don't like the 2005 Mustang. Everyone is comparing it to the 60's Mustang, but that's only because of the way that the grill looks. The front looks fine, but the back of the new Mustang still looks like it was hit by a truck. It's still too high IMO, just like this car in that pic is.

I've always liked the wide and low look,and that's why the Jaguar is just about the only European car that I like. Even their Luxury sedans have that low and wide look in their body styles. That's a sporty look and that's what I happen to like.

Well, there you have it. My opinion. Another pet peeve of mine is how BIG most car companies make the tail lights and headlight lenses. Can you say "UGLY"????? I want to drive something that looks like a sporty car. NOT like a spaceship!!!! (okay, I'll stop). Todd, I think that our cars as well as the Crown Vics look a lot better than this car that's in the pic you've posted. Sorry.

01 Interceptor
03-10-2004, 11:28 AM
http://www.fpv.com.au/

That's the origin of the car you cannot see the full spec sheet. I suspect it is a new FPV model built from a Falcon Fairmont. Notice the little "FPV" badge just to the left of the right taillight. I, for one, would love to see Ford import a few of these cars...I love the look of that Falcon XR8, and the sound of it too.:D

ParkRanger
03-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm going to be the unpopular one here w/these comments, but you asked for opinions Todd, so here's mine:

I agree w/Constable that it has a little Mercedes thrown into it's body design, and that's one of the things that I don't like about it. This car looks like a cross between a Mercedes and a Saab. neither of which I ever liked. The trend today is to make cars look higher, and narrower just like the Saabs looked throughout the late 80's and most of the 90's.

Look at how much distance there is from the top of the rear wheel febder well lip to the top of the trunk. It's just too high for my taste. And the same thing for the fender well lip in the front to the hood. This is the same reason why I don't like the 2005 Mustang. Everyone is comparing it to the 60's Mustang, but that's only because of the way that the grill looks. The front looks fine, but the back of the new Mustang still looks like it was hit by a truck. It's still too high IMO, just like this car in that pic is.

I've always liked the wide and low look,and that's why the Jaguar is just about the only European car that I like. Even their Luxury sedans have that low and wide look in their body styles. That's a sporty look and that's what I happen to like.

Well, there you have it. My opinion. Another pet peeve of mine is how BIG most car companies make the tail lights and headlight lenses. Can you say "UGLY"????? I want to drive something that looks like a sporty car. NOT like a spaceship!!!! (okay, I'll stop). Todd, I think that our cars as well as the Crown Vics look a lot better than this car that's in the pic you've posted. Sorry.

Couldn't agree more with BillyGman!

dwasson
03-10-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm not good with change I guess. I have a problem accepting even needed updates in cars I like. (If I don't like it who cares?) So, I'll feel better if they call it something else. I kinda like the square Ford look. I never warmed up to the bar of soap Taurus look.

Ross
03-10-2004, 12:16 PM
I never warmed up to the bar of soap Taurus look.

Bar of soap! After all these years of trying to figure out what those cars (and many similar ones) look like, this is the answer!

BillyGman
03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey, ParkRanger, you've surprised me by agreeing! Not that I was trying to be different, but I know that I am very picky about cars, and so that many people do not share my viewpoints. But it's nice to see that someone does.

Dwasson, "bar of soap" uh? That's a pretty good description alright, and I agree. I always call it the "jellybean" look. I'm not a big fan of convertables, but if you made a convertible out of the car in that pic(or most new cars these days) it would look like a bathtub on wheels!! They all have that bathtub look. Narrow, w/high sides.

I'm glad that our Marauders don't have that shape, nor do many of the old cars of the 60's(before computer generated designs became the staple in car manufacturing).That's what I also luv about the 2005 Ford GT(NOT the Mustang GT!!). It doesn't have that typical jellybean shape like even some of the other exotics do these days. (Todd, you knew I'd be harping on this same old thing eventually in this thread. Right?). It's just too bad that you would have to spend that much $$ just to have a car that looks that good. but that's another story for another thread I guess.

Smokie
03-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Thanks g...I was waitin for somebody to do that metric conversion for us...:up:
It looks to me like 290 kw thats 389 ponies....sweeeeeet !!!

Fourth Horseman
03-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Wow, looks very smoth to me. I see lots of potential there for a sublte, Marauder-esque sleeper performance car. Do we have any numbers on its dimensions, curb weight, etc?

woaface
03-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Lol, Todd, if you ever need conversions...

www.onlineconversion.com (http://www.onlineconversion.com) It's quick and easy!:beer:

RCSignals
03-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Looks Australian...

They are Australian. Not the next "Panther"

They aren't Body-on-frame. They are small, and not partcularly "unique" in styling. I wouldn't necessarily be jumping to buy one.

woaface
03-10-2004, 03:49 PM
They are Australian. Not the next "Panther"

They aren't Body-on-frame. They are small.That's a real shame....

, and not partcularly "unique" in styling. I wouldn't necessarily be jumping to buy one.How ever IMHO it's quite attractive...especially with 335 horses. Bet it'd get a 5 speed in the U.S.

67435animal
03-10-2004, 03:49 PM
How 'bout this...I wish the "spec sheet" was more visible in the pic...

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=264950

Now this has possibilities after I tire of the MM! After I finish with this latest experience the MM and I will be truly bonded. I think it saved me from personal injury and took the hit itself.

Bob

dailydriver
03-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Sign me up!

Bigdogjim
03-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Garabge!

Why don't hire people to come up with some STYLE!

jgc61sr2002
03-10-2004, 04:44 PM
I don't care for a performance car with unibody construction. That includes the RWD 04 GTO. :down:

Marauderman
03-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Well-- I agree with Gman--and at first I thought it was ( the first pics) a pic of a friggin Buick of some sort--Crap!! not a Ford! Ain't no way I'd entertain anything of such sorts...and the last dark pics---well,,, way too European,,,and I hate copying their stuff .....can't be original and American( you know what I mean)..then the forget it...Tom :rock:

Bigdogjim
03-10-2004, 06:51 PM
OK TAF lets start a poll :lol:

woaface
03-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Well-- I agree with Gman--and at first I thought it was ( the first pics) a pic of a friggin Buick of some sort--Crap!! not a Ford! Ain't no way I'd entertain anything of such sorts...and the last dark pics---well,,, way too European,,,and I copying their stuff .....can't be original and American( you know what I mean)..then the forget it...Tom :rock:
Well crap...now I must think about my position...whadda b*tch this is...:lol:

Ok, the laid back symbol on the hood is cool...

BillyGman
03-10-2004, 08:34 PM
uh, the tires are okay.

TAF
03-10-2004, 08:55 PM
I can't believe you guys don't like the Fairlane in the second pic...'cept for what's going on with the rear windows (and if it's our size and not an LS size)...I like it! :up:
https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/passenger/lwb/wallpapers/fairlane_3_800_600.jpg

BillyGman
03-10-2004, 09:00 PM
I just think it's shaped like a SAAB from the early 90's. You can make a car look a little better by painting it Black(IMO) and blacking out the windows like in that second pic, but the basic shape of the car still does nothing for me.......sorry. Can you say "jellybean" on wheels???? :P

TAF
03-10-2004, 09:04 PM
How's THIS, Billy...better?
http://www.alltheweb.com/r?ck_sm=3364316d&rpos=8&oid=-&rpge=1&ref=200340086&r=http%3A%2F%2Felmundomotor.el mundo.es%2Felmundomotor%2Fimag enes%2F2003%2F07%2F14%2F105820 2591_g.jpg

BillyGman
03-10-2004, 09:06 PM
NOW YOU'RE TALKIN!!!!!! This thread just got a LOT BETTER!!! Look at that low and wide stance!!!!!

Billatpro
03-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey folks, 250 kW is 335 HP!!!!
Niiiiiiiiiice
But it say's 290 KW

TAF
03-10-2004, 09:29 PM
But it say's 290 KW
Which equals...what? 389 HP?

cruzer
03-10-2004, 09:33 PM
You know, ever since I found out about the Marauder in the late '90s, I visualized it as a modern version of the '69-'72 Marauder X-100. I wish I was proficient with computr aided design so I could show what I mean--you could convert it's lines to modern materials , make a few refinements for safety and drag reduction and have a beautiful automobile--I am tired of driving a car that has the same tail-lights as every foreign ( and now American ) car---designers, get a life and show some imagination !!!!! :mad2: :mad2:

cruzer
03-10-2004, 09:39 PM
You know, ever since I found out about the Marauder in the late '90s, I visualized it as a modern version of the '69-'72 Marauder X-100. I wish I was proficient with computr aided design so I could show what I mean--you could convert it's lines to modern materials , make a few refinements for safety and drag reduction and have a beautiful automobile--I am tired of driving a car that has the same tail-lights as every foreign ( and now American ) car---designers, get a life and show some imagination !!!!! :mad2: :mad2:
To me this is a classic design

Chief
03-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Thats the 2004 Ford Fairlane and LTD that are sold in Australia. I think it would be great to bring that and the Galaxie over to the USA. They are FAST cars and rear wheel drive. Perfect for our market.