PDA

View Full Version : New Viper TA Strikes Back!

ctrlraven
03-18-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLa3l_UX77c
DLa3l_UX77c

DOOM
03-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Wow!!!

All that just to barely edge out a Vette! :shake:

Mr. Man
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Why not test the Vette and the Viper on the same kind of tires? :shake:

DOOM
03-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Why not test the Vette and the Viper on the same kind of tires? :shake:

They test the cars as you would get them right from the dealer.

They even said in the video that is wasn't the tires but the crappy shocks dodge put on the car.

Mr. Man
03-18-2013, 07:13 PM
They test the cars as you would get them right from the dealer.

They even said in the video that is wasn't the tires but the crappy shocks dodge put on the car.
I understand that but instead of putting race slicks on the Viper in the second test why not put Vette tires on it then the tire is taken from the equation. Now I'm left wondering if they put race slicks on the Vette will it be 3 seconds faster.

ctrlraven
03-18-2013, 07:52 PM
The Vette comes with summer only tires, the Viper comes with all-season tires.

lji372
03-19-2013, 04:30 AM

The viper really comes out on top then! What an awesome car. Thx for the post

Love when GM loses against any mfg.
Just my .02 after my lemon cvt trans in my daughters ion. A GM of any race or religion will not be put on my list. GMSUCKS as a matter of fact if I ever choose to fix that pos that will become its vanity plate. Ah something to smile about
(Yep, I hold a grudge when screwed by corp. America)

Mr. Man
03-19-2013, 10:37 AM
What's your point? All I want is the tires to be equal on one test so we can see which car is faster. Slicks, Summer, All-season, Monster mudders doesn't matter to me.

Baaad GN
03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure if this will be deleted as I know people get upset but it was in my past when I did a lot of bad things that I wished I didn't do! :-), but I'll tell it anyway. Years ago maybe 2001-02 I was on the ILL tollroad going north, I followed a Ziper for around 10 mile when we both stopped for a toll booth. We both left the same time side by side, around 20 mph we both hammered it, this was right at the sweet spot for my GN. I was surprized as I hung right at his side with neighter gaining on each other. That was the outcome til we hit 95 mph when he started to pull ahead, 110mph I let off of it and believe me he never slowed down. Once I was at that speed my GN get's a little snakey and I felt good to at least do what I did.
Being drag racing is a no-no I never could get up to him again and didn't want to brake anymore law's.
Again sorry if this is a bad story just wanted to give the Viper his duuuuuuu

Mike M
03-19-2013, 11:14 AM
i'm not sure if this will be deleted as i know people get upset but it was in my past when i did a lot of bad things that i wished i didn't do! :-), but i'll tell it anyway. Years ago maybe 2001-02 i was on the ill tollroad going north, i followed a ziper for around 10 mile when we both stopped for a toll booth. We both left the same time side by side, around 20 mph we both hammered it, this was right at the sweet spot for my gn. I was surprized as i hung right at his side with neighter gaining on each other. That was the outcome til we hit 95 mph when he started to pull ahead, 110mph i let off of it and believe me he never slowed down. Once i was at that speed my gn get's a little snakey and i felt good to at least do what i did.
Being drag racing is a no-no i never could get up to him again and didn't want to brake anymore law's.
Again sorry if this is a bad story just wanted to give the viper his duuuuuuu
That was you!!!???

Curless
03-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Gotta be honest...now let GM throw some more bells and whistles at the Vette...we can all be as brand loyal as we want but that Vette, for the $$$ is sick!!!!!

Curless
03-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Where does the GT500 stack up against these two? Its gotta be at least close isn't it?

LANDY
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
The ZR1 is alot of car for the money PERIOD!

DOOM
03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Where does the GT500 stack up against these two? Its gotta be at least close isn't it?

Not with those tiny ass tires Ford puts on them! :shake:

Mr. Man
03-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Apples and Oranges IMHO:)

ctrlraven
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Apples and Oranges IMHO:)
Exactly. The ZR1 is consider a "supercar" just as the Viper is as well. The GT500 is still just steroid injected "pony car". The Ford GT would be Ford's only recent "supercar" they have made.