PDA

View Full Version : Got an interesting letter today from our local Ford Dealer

Curless
03-19-2013, 10:53 AM
They are wanting to buy my Marauder outright... Not that I am truly interested in selling but I thought I'd call and laugh at their offer...they are checking on the offer right now and are going to call me back. Any guesses as to what they'll say? I did tell him that I am NOT looking to sell it but he insisted on calling me back with a sight unseen offer...:lol::shake:

TAKEDOWN
03-19-2013, 10:56 AM
$6,000 for the low blow...

bill64
03-19-2013, 11:02 AM
I received a simular letter from the ford dealer I bought my crown vic from...they had a shortage on used cars and that my vic was in demand! that was about a year ago, never got back to them though, Im sure they wanted to take the car off my hands for next to nothing!

Brad33
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I received something similar from a local dealer. I assumed it was just a way to get me in the showroom and trade up to a new car. I didn't fall for it.

It is an interesting sales strategy though.

Haggis
03-19-2013, 11:11 AM
It is a gimick to get you into the showroom to purchase a new car.

Curless
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Letter says no purchase necessary...but we've all heard that before! I love the fact that it states 2002-2004 Mercury Marauder!!!! I'd love to have an 02 Marauder...would that be a 200Z???????

IwantmyMMnow!
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
$8...:dunno:

Definitely won't be over 9,000....:rolleyes:

lji372
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
I received something similar from a local dealer. I assumed it was just a way to get me in the showroom and trade up to a new car. I didn't fall for it.

It is an interesting sales strategy though.

BINGO!!!!!

my sister in law fell for it once.

boy did she, came home with a new car and a payment book too:lol:

Curless
03-19-2013, 11:53 AM
LOL, I will NOT be selling my MM!!!!!!

rocky
03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
It is a gimick to get you into the showroom to purchase a new car.

Spam spam spam I don't like spam!33316

They probably are sending out those letters to all VINs in their database that are of a certain age.

Sent from my iPhone 5

L.Mark
03-19-2013, 01:41 PM
I got a letter about 3 weeks after I bought my '92. I threw it away without a second thought...:cool:

Mr. Man
03-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Letter says no purchase necessary...but we've all heard that before! I love the fact that it states 2002-2004 Mercury Marauder!!!! I'd love to have an 02 Marauder...would that be a 200Z???????
I have an '02 Marauder, 4/02 build. ;)............................ :D

Curless
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
NO call call back.... go figure.

Motorhead350
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Years ago before I had all the goodies on the car I pulled into a dealership and a salesmen came right up to me and said...

"Hello sir. Are you looking for a new car, would you like to trade this one?"

"Hell no! I will trade this car for anything, ever."

The man was not expecting that answer at all, but I could tell by his facial expression he knew I loved it.

Mebot
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Years ago before I had all the goodies on the car I pulled into a dealership and a salesmen came right up to me and said...

"Hello sir. Are you looking for a new car, would you like to trade this one?"

"Hell no! I will trade this car for anything, ever."

The man was not expecting that answer at all, but I could tell by his facial expression he knew I loved it.

This sorta reminds me of the time I went golfing with my Dad, brother in law and some of Dad's friends. We finished up at the 19th hole (:beer:) and heading back to the parking lot to put our clubs and stuff away. there was a Ferrari (I don't know what model) parked 2 cars down from where we all parked. Dad's friend whistled and said "man how would you like to be going home in that!"

I said "Nah, don't care for it"

"Why not"?

"I'd rather be driving my car", I said as I pointed at my Marauder.

If you look up the word befuddlement in the dictionary, you'd get a pretty accurate description of his face :lol:

LOWBUCKMM
03-20-2013, 03:25 PM
I love going to dealerships with my marauder. Salesman always come out and ask if I'm interested on trading it in. I always laugh at them.

Motorhead350
03-20-2013, 03:27 PM
You guys are awesome.

guspech750
03-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Hmmmmm.

Every time I've gone to the local Ford dealer to order/ buy parts. No one says a word.

Must be the red Grand Marquis thing I guess.

Only once, a few weeks back. I actually had the oil changed by someone else (and not by me) and it was at the dealer. The guy loved the mighty Merc and was surprised I'd even brought it to them in the winter time.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

jerrym3
03-20-2013, 04:56 PM
I received the Ford letter regarding my Lincoln LS.

Typical, "we have buyers looking....."

I never knew the LS was that popular. :)

Smalldogg/03mm
03-20-2013, 06:32 PM
R u guys talking about this letter... Ha... Never...

Antoine

Curless
03-21-2013, 06:00 AM
R u guys talking about this letter... Ha... Never...

Antoine

Yep thats the one!

Motorhead350
03-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Yeah I am in need of a Mercury Marauder too.

Vortech347
03-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Its marketing.

dj_pizm
03-21-2013, 01:48 PM
I received the Ford letter regarding my Lincoln LS.

Typical, "we have buyers looking....."

I never knew the LS was that popular. :)

Tropical Chevrolet still sends me the same letter for my 1998 Monte Carlo and i sold it last year :shake:

Curless
03-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Its marketing.

I hate the fact that they can purchase my info all the way down to my VIN # from the DMV!!!!!:bs:

Marauderman
03-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Not likely my dealer where I bought it will send me a letter--place when out of business a few years ago..............

blackhueys
03-21-2013, 06:06 PM
I get those letters from time to time as well. I just go to the dealer and say what do you have that I for 1 can fit in as I am 6 ft 6 tall and I can drive for a long time like 8 or more hours, 2 has the safety I want like my marauder and 3 can do this imagine a big smoky burnout as I show them! They lead me to mustangs and I just laugh at them. Nothing like my big old full size full frame beast to get them to shut up lol. Most of the sales guys that see me now when I go get parts and just leave me alone ha! I tell them to send me a letter when the new marauders will be out.

Chad1987
03-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I got a letter like that from the Ford dealer where I took my Marauder into last summer (Inver Grove Ford) to get the blower motor fixed.

They said they need "atleast 10-12 Marauders". I laughed. Good luck getting 1-2, much less a dozen.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I trade it in. I don't like anyone else touching it. I don't like even having dealer techs touch it and they're the professionals!

Last time I bought it in for it's pre-storage oil change to the Ford dealer closest to my house (Tousley), the service writer had no idea what a Marauder was and the technician told me if I ever decided to sell, let him know first, as he's had a black Marauder and a Silver Birch Marauder, but mine was the first DBP he ever saw.

Also, I'm an internet sales consultant at a large Nissan store and if I saw a Nissan as cool as a Marauder (like a mint 300ZX or 350Z), I'd never outright ask the customer if he'd trade it in, that's just tasteless! I'd initiate a conversation with him and tell him how cool I thought his car is... Customers are much more appreciative of that.