PDA

View Full Version : Baby Daddies, Seat savers for baby car seats?

Vortech347
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
After 10 years of marriage our first is due in a few months.

I'm dreading having a baby seat in the back of the Marauder and putting it occasionally in our Cobra.

There are several companies out there that make "seat savers" What have you used and what worked well? I just don't want my leather to get dented/squished/stretched.

Thanks guys.

lji372
03-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Option 2 rear seats for our cars should be pretty easy to come across since they are rarely used. Buy one, stock it and replace it down the road.
Option 3 ditch the cobra and get a minivan :D
Just my .02

loud2004marquis
03-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Don't buy a minivan!

lji372
03-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Don't buy a minivan!

How can we pull one over on him if your not on the same page?:lol:

whitey
03-23-2013, 04:00 AM
Fold up a bath towel, preferably black, and put it underneath. Thats what i started doing, after i noticed my leather starting to dent. It seems to work, and its inexpensive.

WhatsUpDOHC
03-23-2013, 04:13 AM
I used a towel too. Also, get one of those metal locks (looks like an "H" ) to keep the seatbelt at a specific length for the car seat to be snug. Helps installing/removing the seat.

Don't leave the seat installed all of the time.

Oh, and, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

whitey
03-23-2013, 04:28 AM
I used a towel too. Also, get one of those metal locks (looks like an "H" ) to keep the seatbelt at a specific length for the car seat to be snug. Helps installing/removing the seat.

Don't leave the seat installed all of the time.

Oh, and, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I pull the belt all the way out until it locks when it starts to retract. Snug as a bug in a rug. Congrats also....may his/her blood be born with gasoline. :) just wait until your back seat becomes a changing table...its fun.

LJ on 24's
03-23-2013, 04:28 AM
After 10 years of marriage our first is due in a few months.

I'm dreading having a baby seat in the back of the Marauder and putting it occasionally in our Cobra.

There are several companies out there that make "seat savers" What have you used and what worked well? I just don't want my leather to get dented/squished/stretched.

Thanks guys.

Lol I had my first last year and I forgot about my marauder when she was born.
I think you prob have a change of heart when your bundle of joy get here.

Once you put the car seat in securely, it don't move so you don't really have to worry about damage to the seats.

Dave1kRR
03-23-2013, 06:02 AM
This is what I put in my Marauder and the wife's CRV. Works really well. And cheap too!

http://www.target.com/p/eddie-bauer-car-seat-protector/-/A-11119069

http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/11/11/11119069.jpg

rocky
03-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Sell the cobra car get a cobra van33375

Sent from my iPhone 5

Vortech347
03-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Hah, no vehicles will be sold. The wife loves racing the Cobra to much. Thanks I'll look into the eddie bauer one.

Geewez
03-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Fold up a bath towel, preferably black, and put it underneath. Thats what i started doing, after i noticed my leather starting to dent. It seems to work, and its inexpensive.

:agree: That's what I did-bought a large black bath towel and d***** it over the top and bottom portions of the rear seat with it. So far so good.

Baconbit
03-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Hah, no vehicles will be sold. The wife loves racing the Cobra to much. Thanks I'll look into the eddie bauer one.

Not to derail this thread any but I would love to see some pics of your cobra!

Vortech347
03-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Not to derail this thread any but I would love to see some pics of your cobra!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/287105_4490265419010_868920282 _o.jpg

We plan on bringing our little girl with it. :D

I don't need to worry about the baby in the 90' because I don't have rear seats in it. Corbeau's harnesses and a 6-point.

Baconbit
03-23-2013, 10:23 PM
That thing is sweet looking, awesome color, very nice! Any engine bay pics?

H_M_T_81
03-24-2013, 02:42 AM
I'd grab a vinyl rear seat bottom out of a cop car in the junk yard and use that. They're super easy to swap back and forth.

BODYMAN
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Not sure of the brand but got them at Toys R us. they have both seat saver cover & the evn more important piece that covers youre frt seat back side of lean back. When there babys theres no problem but trust me as they grow a little the back of frt seats will become a place for all there foot prints. Have them in all my cars & when removed the seats look perfect. Ive got a 7 & 8 yr both boys & these covers have saved the seats in my 4 cars. Also no sense selling the Mustang I got kids & a Mustang & have no problem.

cat in the hat
03-24-2013, 10:08 AM
First - Congratulations on the baby ! Hope everything is great :)

Second - In my experience, the days of worrying about stuff like this are over for you for about 20 years. That's just the way it is.

BODYMAN
03-24-2013, 11:39 AM
First - Congratulations on the baby ! Hope everything is great :)

Second - In my experience, the days of worrying about stuff like this are over for you for about 20 years. That's just the way it is.

I like that! lol true/not true Id say the question is are you willing to drive youreself crazy trying to keep up on a never ending battle? Or like Cat mentioned just simply stop worrying about it!! I took the harder road & fight this every day w/my rides & child doings to them:beer:.

Vortech347
03-25-2013, 09:00 AM
This is a totally new thing for me that is for sure. Usually my cars are clean/detailed inside at all times. I usually do a full detail every 2 weeks. A few friends have warned me for what is in store.

rocky
03-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Most members would hate to see my interior...homework toys French fries and mcdonald toys everywhere!
I enjoy the crap out of my MM everyday tho, no regrets:)

Sent from my iPhone 5

CanadaMarauder
03-25-2013, 09:26 PM
I have had the seat protectors from toys r us installed in my marauder and aviator for 4 years now. Every winter the marauder get parked the seats taken out and reconditioned with Zaino leather conditioner. After initial removal the seats look horrible like your want to cry. But after a few months and some re application they turn out good.
The aviator however has a protector in it that never comes out and the seats have pretty deep indents but the leather is not torn. They haven't been out long enough in the aviator to see if it will ever go away. Lots of conditioner and removal once in awhile and you'll be fine.