PDA

View Full Version : what does your forum name mean?

whitey
04-12-2013, 06:28 AM
I've wondered what some of your forum names mean or how they came about.

My name is a nickname that came about from a former employee from a company i used to work for. The guy who named me was in a band who was headlining at a local bar. There was a band that played right before them and they sucked. They had some girls in the crowd that threw their undergarments up on stage, so i told the guys i was going to take my tighty whiteys off and throw them up on stage, for shats and giggles, but when i went to take them off in the bathroom, i decided i wasnt going to drop my pants on a piss covered floor....i was coined "Whitey" ever since...

Curless
04-12-2013, 06:31 AM
My last name, simple and easy for me to remember!

Haggis
04-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Sheep-innard eating SOB.

Thanks Toad!!! :up:

lji372
04-12-2013, 06:37 AM
just have been using the same username since my wife set my email up 10...15yrs heck can't remember how long ago. that way i'd never forget it. kind of dumb but it works :)

had anyone ever told me i'd be so addicted to this sight i'm certain i could of came up with something much worse :D

maybe a cross between addicted and hoarder..... adichoarder:lol:

very cool thread idea whitey:beer:

STEPS
04-12-2013, 06:38 AM
I use to ride with a 3 piece MC club the VNV MC Steps was my road name.
everyone Had road Names you can figure out why.

Davesvt2000
04-12-2013, 06:42 AM
I started signing up on most forums in 2001, when I got my 2000 Cobra R.

Hence, the name...

Raleigh Marauder
04-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Pretty simple - when I joined back in 03 or 04, my main transportation was my '97 Cobra, while the Marauder was purchased as my wife's DD. At the time, I didn't consider it a keeper...

Black Dynamite
04-12-2013, 06:43 AM
The car's black and it's DY - NO - MITE

marauder21
04-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Blah! Mines boring....marauder because it's my dream car and 21 because well, when i was born supposedly i was dead for 21 seconds, but i can't even remember that lol and hence, my lucky number is 21:)

Sent from my Android

DTR + 4.10's + something =
Wreeeeeeeeeeeedam!

martyo
04-12-2013, 06:50 AM
I can not recall.

gdmjoe
04-12-2013, 06:53 AM
godDamnMeanJoe

http://www.gdmjoe.com/evil.gif

A term of endearment that was bestowed upon me by a Chinese co-worker in the 80's - "Nobody rike nice Chinese boy, and everybody rike damn mean Joe. You god damn mean Joe!".

RubberCtyRauder
04-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Live in Akron, OH when at one time was considered the Rubber City and/or Rubber Capital due to all the tire mfg going on here...not so much anymore. I think they still build nascar tires here. Anyway..................

MOTOWN
04-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Modifying/working on so many cars living in Detroit (the Motor city) i became known as MOTOWN!

CWright
04-12-2013, 07:14 AM
CWright - Chris Wright

Tag Reads CDUB 19
C- Chris
DUB- Short for "W"
19 - Always been my number.

Chad1987
04-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Pretty simple - my name is Chad and I was born in '87

rocky
04-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Have been called Rocky my whole life, but it's Rockford on the legal crap:)

Sent from my iPhone 5

Marauderman
04-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Two weeks after I got the Marauder , stumbled onto this site and it required a screen name--thought for a moment--said well, I just bought a Marauder , so I suppose now I am now a Marauderman---OK--will try that and --Phoof! no one had it , and there you have it---

Years later, in Alt, Steve Babock was driving my MM to Team Ford for dyno day event, and he turned to me and said, " Tom, I tried to sign on the board last night, and thought since I was the Father of the Marauder, I would try the name "Marauderman"---and would you believe, someone already has it--wonder who that person might be?--I told him I knew the guy and he was gonna be at the dynio event today----It was a true thrill when he found out later he was riding with "the" Marauderman---really funny at the time--you had to be there---his expression was priceless in front of others..

2,4shofast
04-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Since before I had my driver’s license I have been in love with the Taurus SHO. It started out as shofast but it seems to be quite popular so it wasn’t available on most forums. So my wife and I both had SHO's as daily drivers so I came up with 2,4 as in both of us driving SHO's fast. Kinda cheesy I know...it was a long time ago

yjmud
04-12-2013, 07:47 AM
I used to be big into Jeeps and off roading 87-95 Wranglers are known as yj

Comin' in Hot
04-12-2013, 07:53 AM
I was told Witman40 wasn't original enough so I changed it. here is the urban dictionary link, check out number #7 LOL

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Coming%20in%20 hot

thathotrodlincn
04-12-2013, 08:08 AM
My primary show car is a 1948 Lincoln Continental (1 0f 847). We refer to it an That Hot Rod Lincoln.

fastblackmerc
04-12-2013, 08:18 AM
What do I drive?

05crownsport
04-12-2013, 08:31 AM
What do I drive?

DITTO:) I am not very creative, and I had a sneaky suspicion that no one else would have that name!

CBT
04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
I hit the forum name auto select option when I joined in 2004, CBT is what it gave me.

stevesoasis
04-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Combo of my name and the best band ever OASIS!! Also when put together it gives reference to the marauder world being my oasis.

L.Mark
04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
My first Lincoln was a Lincoln Mark. and I have owned many and as many as three at one time. Hence L.Mark and the gold L's on all my cars

rocky
04-12-2013, 08:48 AM
I've wondered what some of your forum names mean or how they came about.

My name is a nickname that came about from a former employee from a company i used to work for. The guy who named me was in a band who was headlining at a local bar. There was a band that played right before them and they sucked. They had some girls in the crowd that threw their undergarments up on stage, so i told the guys i was going to take my tighty whiteys off and throw them up on stage, for shats and giggles, but when i went to take them off in the bathroom, i decided i wasnt going to drop my pants on a piss covered floor....i was coined "Whitey" ever since...

Never would have guessed that lmao!

Sent from my iPhone 5

ctrlraven
04-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Ctrl is short for Control on a keyboard and at the time in high school I had just done a report on The Raven poem which has always been one of my favorite. I ended up putting ctrl and raven in a suggestion box for a new user name and first choice was "ctrlraven" lol so I've used that name since like 1995 I believe.

Birdman came along after becoming good friends with DOOM. One day he started calling me it and it's his first choice instead of raven or even my first name Chris.

Ozark Marauder
04-12-2013, 09:01 AM
uh...livin' in the Ozarks.

My Dad always called me Ace, because he was playing poker with his buddies, when my Mom called him and told him she was pregnant. He called my brother Moose, you get it, he was in Alaska hunting moose, when he found out.

But my signature OZ, is a nickname change my Dad did when I was about twelve.

Whenever I would talk to him about what I was thinking, he would say, "your living in the land of OZ." Then he just started calling me OZ. My friends heard him call me OZ, and before long everyone called me OZ. Thanks Dad!

OZ

SC Cheesehead
04-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Born and raised in Wisconsin (home of the REAL "America's Team"), now living in South Carolina.

Has taken on a dual meaning since my Eaton swap... :burnout:

68MercuryM250
04-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Given name is Stuart, always hated that so I go by Stu - Tag name for MM.net is 68MercuryM250 - In honor of my 1968 Mercury M-250 truck. Been building FE powered '67-'79 Ford 4X4's, F-100-250-350 trucks and one 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt clone for years......There ARE other rare Merc vehicles out there besides the Lovely and Enchanting MM. Canadian built M-series Mercury trucks (badge engineered Fords) were built up until 1968.
My MM has a permanent home and will retire from daily driving in a year or so when she gets freshened/painted/and then some serious power adder HP treatment. the future will be fine!

loud2004marquis
04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Mine is from when I had a 2004 grand marquis with dual exhaust and flowmaster super 44s. I used the same name as my CVN acct. Totaled the car and got a 2004 marauder, which everyone thinks is a grand marquis anyways. So I kept the same name from CVN.

RR|Suki
04-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I hit the forum name auto select option when I joined in 2004, CBT is what it gave me.

so much win :lol:

Joe Walsh
04-12-2013, 10:09 AM
I was always a fan of Joe Walsh and The James Gang...then the Eagles.

OH!
and way back when I first lurked.....then joined, I was not computer savvy/internet forum experienced (OK....dumb) so I used my real name!

Roadwarrior
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm a semi-truck driver for 25+ years, had driven to 37 of the lower 48 states & have accumulated close to 3 million miles w/o an accident. Also would rather drive than fly commercially whenever possible, so I'll average 20k-25k a year between my DD & the Marauder.

RoyLPita
04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
A good friend had a plate on his Cherokee that said "IAMAPITA".

I thought to myself, if he is just a pain in the a--, then I'm royalty.

roylpita= royal pain in the a--.

it will fit on a plate whenever I decide to make it so.

IwantmyMMnow!
04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
When I joined MM.net, I was in the final stages of buying mine and was having issues trying to find a carrier that didn't cost an arm, leg, kidney, etc. I didn't want to wait any more...I want my MM now!!!

SC Cheesehead
04-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I was always a fan of Joe Walsh and The James Gang...then the Eagles.

OH!
and way back when I first lurked, then joined, I was not computer savvy/internet forum experienced (OK....dumb) so I used my real name!

No, way! Aren Jay once told me you're just some sort of groupie wannbe; I think your real name is Alfred Smedlaick...

Limited360
04-12-2013, 10:57 AM
LIMITED360 = Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited is a special spot in my heart, had 3 of them now...

justbob
04-12-2013, 11:13 AM
First it was Marauding4life, although short lived. Too long, completely untrue, so I simplified..

Justbob, don't know why really? They call me Biscuits, Bobarino, and the Dude. At work they call me just about anything censored here because of my great personality. :)

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

DWSTANG67
04-12-2013, 11:18 AM
I have used mine as my email address ever since i had a computer.

D = Dean my first name
W = my middle initial
STANG = for mustang my first car a 1967 mustang I bought from a junk yard
67 = the year i was born

cougar9150
04-12-2013, 11:25 AM
First car was a 91 Cougar that I swapped a 5.0 into. Had it as my email and name on all forums since.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

airjordan2k8
04-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Mines just plain and simple I started my jordan collection in 2008=airjordan2k8

mrjones
04-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Most people think I'm very presumptious calling myself "Mr. Jones". Actually the mr is for Michael Ray - my initials.

bill64
04-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Mine is simple, Bill is my first name, 64 is my iq...ahh just kidding. 64 is my birth year although some of my friends call it my hatch year, lol

Mr. Man
04-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Because Mary wouldn't allow "The Atomic **** ****** Monster" :D

PonyUP
04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Mine is simple, when I joined I didn't own a Marauder, just a Mustang, hence Pony, and it just seemed snappy to make it the phrase PonyUp and the legend was born

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

SC Cheesehead
04-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Because Mary wouldn't allow "The Atomic Poop Head Monster" :D

Fixed!!! :D

HammerDown
04-12-2013, 12:18 PM
okay, the story...........

Ms. Denmark rode shotgun when I did the laps around Charlotte Speedway. She told me when to "hammer it down" at the certain times on the track. Afterwards when I was jumping around from the excitement of it all, I believe it was Haggis who stated "then your screen name will be "HammerDown".

Okay, Gordon and Paula, did my old brain remember that correctly?

Planning on the next hammerdown experience in Atlanta:banana2:

jeromeda
04-12-2013, 12:21 PM
my name jerome D Adams

cj7chris
04-12-2013, 12:21 PM
My other "car" is a Jeep CJ7, and my name is Chris. I have been cj7chris on other forums, etc. for quite a while now.

I've had a CJ7 since I got my first "real" job. Found this one about ten years ago and kept it stock looking (mostly), but most of the driveline, dash and motor had been improved. It outclimbs and runs over things that stop a lot of the newer big tire Jeeps offroad and is still drivable around town. This is my third, current and maybe last one:

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/cj7chris/IMG00088-20110204-1505.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/cj7chris/CJbridgeport_zps5ba52b3a.jpg

Ms. Denmark
04-12-2013, 12:44 PM

whitey
04-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Never would have guessed that lmao!

Sent from my iPhone 5

A lot of times ill meet new guys at work, and if they're black, ill say its because im an extreme racist, just to get a reaction, then ill give them the real story....helps break the ice and get people to understand my kind of humor as i joke around a lot.;)

Mr. Man
04-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Fixed!!! :D Dear ScSprinklecheese,
I think that would have been allowed but it would have been such a lie :P

Mr. Man (really what else could it really be:cool:?)(rubber/glue Haggis:P)

guspech750
04-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Guspech750, pretty simple. Guspech is a drill rig manufacturer. And the drill rig I use is a Guspech750.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/4adasupy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/e6egada5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Motorhead350
04-12-2013, 01:56 PM
I started listening to Motorhead around the time I got my Marauder. Plus Lemmy lives hard and stays alive. Another reason was The Blues Brothers. Jake calling Elwood Motorhead for driving like a madman... something I often do. My first DD was a K5 Blazer and it has a 350.

whitey
04-12-2013, 02:28 PM
guspech, that thing needs a waxing...what do you drill for?

Pat
04-12-2013, 02:42 PM
SILVERBACK

Species, Gorilla.

To denote a car, Mercury Marauder, that is Big, Powerful and aggressive.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R1wxlL8dwLg/Tkra8nsF4OI/AAAAAAAAEEY/Eovs0IE79i0/s1600/gorilla.jpg (http://gardenofeaden.blogspot.com/2011/08/gorilla.html)

MrBluGruv
04-12-2013, 02:44 PM
When I first started making music, I came up with the artist/performer name "Blue Groove," kind of as an allusion to the fact that the music I started making was electronic in nature and rhythmically driven.

How it turned into "Blu Gruv" was actually related to a game; there is a racing simulator called Live for Speed and your profile name was what was put on the vehicle license plates in-game. "Blue Groove" wouldn't fit, but "Blu Gruv" fit perfectly, and since I was only 12 or so when I came up with it, I thought it looked catchy. It's stuck since then, and even recently at a small house party I ran into folks I hadn't seen since high school that didn't know me by my real name, which is Chris, but rather as "Hey look, it's Blu Gruv!" It makes me chuckle every now and then to be referred to as Blu or Mr. Gruv on forums, even considering folks wouldn't have a reason to know my name otherwise.

The "Mr." part is more for funsies. ;)

a_d_a_m
04-12-2013, 02:57 PM
A
Dope
Ass
Marauder

Okay, not really, it's just my name. I used to be adam/cleveland as that's what I used on CVN to differentiate from another member who just went by 'Adam'. Then I just got sick of that name and made it this instead.

Joe Walsh
04-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Guspech750, pretty simple. Guspech is a drill rig manufacturer. And the drill rig I use is a Guspech750.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

My My......that is such a LARGE drill you have there....:eek:

tbone
04-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Nickname because my initials are TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ibSvOWAMg

SC Cheesehead
04-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Dear ScSprinklecheese,
I think that would have been allowed but it would have been such a lie :P

Mr. Man (really what else could it really be:cool:?)(rubber/glue Haggis:P)

:rofl: JOCULARITY! :rofl:

Triple Threat
04-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Eric (babbage) came up with the name for me since all 3 marauders are supercharged,

TUXrauder
04-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Mine should be simple..

TUXrauder Tuxedo Black paint job. It as a rare optional color... I am 1 of 1....

started originally as bud7, bud is what my girlfriends mom calls me, 7 lucky number / total combined kids.

Merrill
04-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Merrills Marauders is a legendary military unit that the Rangers came from.
Got to have two cars to be Merrill.

Marauderman
04-12-2013, 06:08 PM
okay, the story...........

Ms. Denmark rode shotgun when I did the laps around Charlotte Speedway. She told me when to "hammer it down" at the certain times on the track. Afterwards when I was jumping around from the excitement of it all, I believe it was Haggis who stated "then your screen name will be "HammerDown".

Okay, Gordon and Paula, did my old brain remember that correctly?

Planning on the next hammerdown experience in Atlanta:banana2:

Yes, Connie! I love your screen name! That ride around Charlotte with you was so much fun! I can remember screaming "Go Connie! Hammer Down!!!" BTW Gordon had nothing to do with it ....but he'll prolly take all the credit! LOL:P JK

As for mine, when I joined I tried a million different cool names...justbob, CBT, Haggis, Blackened300a, Spectragod, Zack, MM2004, RFOverlord .....which were all taken. I was ready to give up on the whole deal when I decided to try a pointedly girly name (Miss Denmark ~ my dad's heritage is Danish and I liked the whole Marauder/Viking connection) and voil la` it wasn't taken by one of you manly men. Later, since I was really not a Miss but a Mrs.(and a few of the Saudi guys were hitting on me LOL) I changed it to Ms. Denmark. Doom shortened that up to just Ms. D which is what my friends call me. Later still, I changed my mind (and screen name) again and went with Silverauder. Got a lot of flak for that and IIRC it was Doom who politely suggested I go back to Ms. D(enmark). :)

Just have to say--anything related to MVVIII at Charlotte Motor Speedway run around the track is still a thrill to hear about--we still are so thrilled to hear comments about this event....thanks-Tom

Go2GuyFL
04-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Two weeks after I got the Marauder , stumbled onto this site and it required a screen name--thought for a moment--said well, I just bought a Marauder , so I suppose now I am now a Marauderman---OK--will try that and --Phoof! no one had it , and there you have it---

Years later, in Alt, Steve Babock was driving my MM to Team Ford for dyno day event, and he turned to me and said, " Tom, I tried to sign on the board last night, and thought since I was the Father of the Marauder, I would try the name "Marauderman"---and would you believe, someone already has it--wonder who that person might be?--I told him I knew the guy and he was gonna be at the dynio event today----It was a true thrill when he found out later he was riding with "the" Marauderman---really funny at the time--you had to be there---his expression was priceless in front of others..

Great story ... Steve Babcock should have the screen name "PARAUDER"!

SilverSport
04-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Mine pays tribute to my first Crown Vic, an 03 Sport which happened to be silver.

larryo340
04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
There were a couple of Larrys in my circle of friends, and some started calling me Larryo as O is the first letter of my last name. The 340 is what was in my '67 Dart GT.......put em' together and you get Larryo340 :)

Shaijack
04-12-2013, 07:24 PM
My turtle and Dog came up with my name.
Really it was a great friend and companion (17 years). Jack, my puppy. He was shy.
So I became Shaijack. Everyone knows I am shy. LOL

Serge
04-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Mine is my name.

sailsmen
04-12-2013, 07:38 PM
A sailor and a salesman equals sailsmen!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk

rocky
04-12-2013, 07:43 PM
A lot of times ill meet new guys at work, and if they're black, ill say its because im an extreme racist, just to get a reaction, then ill give them the real story....helps break the ice and get people to understand my kind of humor as i joke around a lot.;)

You'd fit right in at my work:)

Sent from my iPhone 5

Ken
04-12-2013, 08:59 PM
way back when I first lurked, then joined, I was not computer savvy/internet forum experienced (OK....dumb) so I used my real name! Ditto... Ken

MyBlackBeasts
04-12-2013, 10:32 PM
In 1995 when I bought my 96 Impala SS my family kept referring to it as the black beast.

Then when I got my MM and joined mm.net I went with MyBlackBeasts to go with the license plates:

BLK BST1 - 1996 Impala SS :burnout:
BLK BST2 - 2003 MM 300a :burnout:

It's all good! :D

boatmangc
04-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Boatman=Marine mechanic mainly since 1975
Gary
Cannon

Bigdogjim
04-13-2013, 05:43 AM
As a kid growing up in the late 50's early 60's I was "Hoss" , however when I got my first computer I became Big Dog Jim due to the fact that I always wore Big Dog T-shirts to work and people just started calling me "Big Dog" 'cause they did not know my name, so I stuck with Big Dog:) I still have a slect few friends that knwo me as "Paladin" as from a TV show:up:

Funny thing was when I starting meeting members at the first National meet in Ennis, Texas way back in Sept. 03 people knda laugh and said the nickname fits! (I am 6'6" and north of 375lbs:)

lji372
04-13-2013, 06:57 AM

Sent from my iPhone 4S

C'mon how do I not comment about the size of your drill?
Compensating for driving a dtr:lol:
I'd love to see that baby in action! Just turned on my Tim the toolman act :lol:

guspech750
04-13-2013, 07:05 AM
guspech, that thing needs a waxing...what do you drill for?

LOL. It for sure needs a paint job. Might even replace the crappy International truck with a Kenworth model.

I drill environmental ground water monitoring wells to detect contaminants, inclinometer wells (detects buildings/structures whose foundations are shifting), rock coring (core bed rock) split spoon & shelby tube soil sampling and Geo Probe core sampling. I drill wells in 1", 2", 3"(rare), 4" and 6" diameters.

The majority of our business is the soil sampling. Our lab will run their tests and then our engineers will write up their reports and help design the foundations for any structures, be it high rise buildings, bridges, tower lines, houses any structure.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

guspech750
04-13-2013, 07:10 AM
I'd love to see that baby in action! Just turned on my Tim the toolman act :lol:

LOL Compensate LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86dmeibXAss&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone 4S

jflave
04-13-2013, 07:15 AM
John F Lavelle, jflave, easy to remember. :)

SC Cheesehead
04-13-2013, 07:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V9YZ7C88iU

http://www.theclinegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/white-binford-tool-time-kids-shirts_design.png

lji372
04-13-2013, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v9yz7c88iu

http://www.theclinegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/white-binford-tool-time-kids-shirts_design.png

exactly!!! :D

Jimimac43
04-13-2013, 10:56 AM
My nick name is Jimmy, Friend started calling me Jimmy Mack after hearing the song by Martha and the Vandellas in the 60's. Cut it to Jimimac my number on my jersey in high school was 43. Hence Jimimac43.

pantheroc
04-13-2013, 12:04 PM
panther, chassis name of the Marauder (plus black, vicious and pounces on prey) and Mrs. pantheroc's Iroc-Z28. Use it on Camaro ThirdGen website as well.

License2Bill
04-13-2013, 12:09 PM
I started out on CVN as 2002_P71 because that was what I was driving at the time and eventually became bored of that name. So I came up with something a little more original. I have been a fan of the Beastie Boys and James Bond (yea I know, weird combination) for as long as I can remember and wanted something that somehow incorporated both into my screen name. First I came up with License2Ill then I realized that it sounded a little TOO early 90s for me. I threw the B in there and that's where License2Bill came from.

I registered for this site on a cell phone while my buddy was driving us back from Orlando, FL and we were on the way to see my car in person for the first time and managed to actually spell my own name incorrectly. If a mod reads this, could you please add an extra "L" to the end of my screen name so it reads License2Bill?

8UWITH6
04-13-2013, 12:18 PM
8UWITH6

8 = Ate
U = You
WITH
6 = Six Cylinders

Been my personalized plate on the Buick for 13 years.

JBFTech
04-13-2013, 12:33 PM
JBFTech

JB - my first and middle initials (John Brandon)

FTech - been a Ford tech for 12 years

Oddly enough, the dealership I work for is called Johnson Bros Ford.

WhatsUpDOHC
04-13-2013, 12:56 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/ategabe7.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/yny2yjun.jpg

SC Cheesehead
04-13-2013, 07:47 PM
panther, chassis name of the Marauder (plus black, vicious and pounces on prey) and Mrs. pantheroc's Iroc-Z28. Use it on Camaro ThirdGen website as well.

Diane has a Z??? Whoathunkit???

pem
04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
needed something e z.....just my initials....pem....put me away if i forget that

TFB
04-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Too F-ing Bad, or my initials...

ajdereicup
04-13-2013, 10:12 PM
aj is my initials :P

camelgrundle
04-13-2013, 10:47 PM
It's the part in between a camels balls and butt hole! Now you know.

Gryphonzus
04-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Gryphon- mythical BEAST half bird half Lion.
Z- my last initial.
US- United States.
A gryphon has always been my favorite creature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

WhatsUpDOHC
04-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Great thread!

rocky
04-14-2013, 11:29 AM

Lol nuff said

Sent from my iPhone 5

Black Terror
04-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Thought the name fitted the Marauder well. Couldn't use my license plate, 03 MM

Marauderjack
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Uh.......it is........"Marauder" (because I have one) and "Jack" (my real name)!!:beer:

guspech750
04-14-2013, 03:21 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't get it.

;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

ncmm
04-14-2013, 05:05 PM
n = no
c = carey
m = mercury
m = marauder

:burnout:

Baconbit
04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Baconbit = I'm a police officer but I'm a smaller guy and my partner told me one year I wasn't quite a whole pig I was just a baconbit so it stuck with all the guys after that!

Comin' in Hot
04-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Baconbit = I'm a police officer but I'm a smaller guy and my partner told me one year I wasn't quite a whole pig I was just a baconbit so it stuck with all the guys after that!

LOL that's awesome

sailsmen
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
n = no
c = carey
m = mercury
m = marauder

:burnout:

"not of sound mind" Marauder

ITSA 91
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
I started working with and on computers in 1974.Didn't like them then and don't like them now.Didn't have a PC until my wife gave me one for my birthday 5 years ago.Didn't even turn it on until I found out some of my fellow street racers from the 80s were on a local site.Signed on as QQQQ.Site admin notified me that I had to get a more approiate name.Iwas building a 91 MK VII with a 9.1L BBF-thought I would give everyone a big hint.Been ITSA 91 ever since.Use that screen name on all 4 sites that I go to.

guspech750
04-16-2013, 05:16 PM

LOL! That's funny.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

whitey
04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
I started working with and on computers in 1974.Didn't like them then and don't like them now.Didn't have a PC until my wife gave me one for my birthday 5 years ago.Didn't even turn it on until I found out some of my fellow street racers from the 80s were on a local site.Signed on as QQQQ.Site admin notified me that I had to get a more approiate name.Iwas building a 91 MK VII with a 9.1L BBF-thought I would give everyone a big hint.Been ITSA 91 ever since.Use that screen name on all 4 sites that I go to.

Did i read a 9.1 liter motor? ....what the f%&+, thats huge, are you in the locomotive business?

1stMerc
04-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Had Fords growing up, but this is my first Mercury when I joined the site.

1stMerc
04-16-2013, 08:07 PM

Too funny.

From a 70's not so famous comedian.
"I love bacon Franklin, don't eat no pork tho"

Hint is in the phrase.

MMcactusflower
04-17-2013, 07:40 AM
When we moved from Houston to Wimberley, Texas eight years ago...I brought with me a '70 Ford F-100...restored it and painted it bright yellow with a huge mural on the back...cactus plants in bloom amid the flora and fauna of central Texas...yellow being the color of prickly pear cactus flowers...8/18= birthday of august 18th.
And no, I do not still have the truck alas.

Marauder_Santa
04-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Marauder_Santa

I own a Marauder and I'm Santa

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/382890_10150461606162558_18970 25971_n.jpg

rocky
04-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Marauder_Santa

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/382890_10150461606162558_18970 25971_n.jpg

Get me off your naughty list!
Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

Raven34
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Raven34
Because when I joined the site I had a Yamaha R1 that was the all black "Raven" edition. 34 because when I got my 2nd dirt bike it had the number already on it. So it then became "my" number for everything.
On most other sites I'm CatTech34, because I work on heavy equipment for Caterpillar.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Mebot
04-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

lol quit touching your doodle & he will

sent from space

RoyLPita
04-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Marauder_Santa

Have you driven your MM in parades dressed as Santa?

Mike
04-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Mike.....cuz that's my name :D

Marauder_Santa
04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
I drive the MM to all my events dressed as Santa. Never in a parade yet. If I do a parade i'm usually in a convertable or sleigh. I have seen many people taking pictures of me while at a light or driving. I have to use the MM since the sleigh only flies on Christmas eve.

Have you driven your MM in parades dressed as Santa?

Marauder_Santa
04-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

You got it Rocky.

Guittard22
04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
When I was 16 years old I wanted a aol screen name and wanted people to think I was cool :) so I picked Guittard22 and they had it .

rocky
04-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5

Ladyhawke
04-19-2013, 08:00 PM
For one of my all time favorite movies, the 1985 movie with Matthew Broderick, Rutger Hauer, and Michelle Pfeiffer, Ladyhawke. It made more sense when we had the 02 Firehawk. But I'm sticking with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Firehawk02/ladyhawke_zps027ebd68.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Firehawk02/media/ladyhawke_zps027ebd68.jpg.html )

L.Mark
04-19-2013, 08:24 PM
I knew you got it from that movie...love that movie...

L.Mark
04-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Marauder_Santa

Wow! My Mother-in-Law dresses out in Mrs Clause fashion at Xmas. Need to get you to together to do a gig or something...Marauderish...

MyBlackBeasts
04-19-2013, 08:48 PM
For one of my all time favorite movies, the 1985 movie with Matthew Broderick, Rutger Hauer, and Michelle Pfeiffer, Ladyhawke. It made more sense when we had the 02 Firehawk. But I'm sticking with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Firehawk02/ladyhawke_zps027ebd68.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Firehawk02/media/ladyhawke_zps027ebd68.jpg.html )

One of my alltime favorite movies. I own it and watch often. One of my favorites for "winter movie marathon weekend"!

PHHHHTT
04-19-2013, 08:52 PM
The license plate is on my Marauder is “PHHHHTT”. I chose this because when vanity plates were first becoming available in this area, I would usually see them with phrases like “4U2NV”, “YOUWISH” and others that reminded me of the old southern expression “They think their ***** don’t stink”. Well, my opinion of the attitudes of these people is F-U! Since I never had the opportunity to voice my opinion to people of this caliber, I believe my plate relays my thoughts but in the way a young kid probably would. Also, it is applicable when I apply justice to drag-asses or others who deserve to get passed. Most people who have taken time to discuss my plate with me usually see the humor. Besides, the DMV would not let me have ‘GOFMYAS’.

Vortech347
04-19-2013, 09:25 PM
I've got a Vortech S-trim on my 347 stroker stang.

MMBLUE
05-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Mine is:

MM= Mercury Marauder blue=DPB my first Marauder color.

Bluerauder
05-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Self Explanatory .... Bluerauder

Ms. Denmark
05-05-2014, 06:15 PM

RubberCtyRauder
05-05-2014, 06:16 PM
RubberCtyRauder ... When I joined , lived in Akron ,OH which was always called the Rubber city due to all the tire companies at one time here. They still build nascar tires here and do lots of tech work , r& d

martyo
05-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Dennis Reinhart was taken so I went with what I am using.

Spectragod
05-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Mine, given to me from a buddy who has passed on, I only keep it in his memory.

Joe Walsh
05-05-2014, 06:28 PM
My Marauder does 185!

"Life's been good to me so far!"

Actually...I was too much of a forum newbie to make up a name when I joined....:(

yjmud
05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
I Used To Do A Lot Of Wheeling In My Wrangler Body Code Is Yj

CWright
05-05-2014, 06:32 PM

LMAO! :D

lji372
05-05-2014, 06:33 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86462

Spectragod
05-05-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86462

Your a dic hoarder? Hmmmmm

IwantmyMMnow!
05-05-2014, 06:45 PM
I thought a similar thread had been created before....

lji372
05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Your a dic hoarder? Hmmmmm

I only got one and yes I'm hoarding it :burnout:

Spectragod
05-05-2014, 07:27 PM
I only got one and yes I'm hoarding it :burnout:

I knew it........

justbob
05-05-2014, 07:36 PM
? Couldn't tell you? My name is Larry.

LOL

Just. Bob. Hope that settles any confusion there may have been.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

gdsqdcr
05-05-2014, 07:38 PM
GoDS sQuaD CaR

Given to me when I had my triple black 1990 SHO. I ran security for a large church.

lji372
05-05-2014, 07:39 PM
..................... :D

Bulldog5.0
05-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Bulldog has been my nickname since I was 17, and 5.0 just carried over since I have owned a good number of them and I am a Mustang guy....hence...Bulldog5.0

Bigdogjim
05-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Big Dog I got from wearing all the "Big Dog T-shirts" for years at on job. My nick name growing up was "Hoss" I pretty much stick with Big Dog.

88CuttyClassic
05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
My second car. . Was my baby. 88 cutlass supreme classic. Dark teal blue metallic, blue top, blue interior. Buckets console car, chrome 15" olds rallys, factory duals, f41 suspension upgrade. Stolen march 4 2001. Car was vin swapped and color swapped by thief. Held in evidence for over a year. Car was released to copart bit i already was paid for it. Replaced it with an 85 mcSS which i still have. I was upset over not being able to find an olds instead of a Ch**y so a year later i also bough my 83 hurst olds which i still have. The worst part to this story is. My vanity PA plate came for my car the day after it was stolen. I still have it, and the keys. "88 CUTTY" i use this SN on most boards.

Jeffonebuck
05-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I paid $8 for my screen name

Sent from my Tapatalk using Morris Code

MyBlackBeasts
05-05-2014, 10:34 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DWSTANG67
05-05-2014, 11:43 PM
I have used mine as my email address ever since i had a computer.

D = Dean my first name
W = my middle initial
STANG = for mustang my first car a 1967 mustang I bought from a junk yard
67 = the year i was born

This question was already posted once before

TP Derrick D
05-06-2014, 01:04 AM
T P = Total Performance... Derrick D=1st name, middle initial
used over 12 years because I own:
(1) supercharged '95 Mustang
(2) supercharged '00 Lightning
(3) supercharged '03 Marauder

Total Performance was also used by Ford back in the day as a sale pitch.

BlkMamba24
05-06-2014, 02:08 AM
My favorite ball player is Kobe Bryant, goes by the nickname the Black Mamba and his jerseynumber is 24. The Black Mamba is Africa's fastest and most venomous snake with one bite capable of killing an adult human in 20min. Seemed liked the perfect nickname for my all black Marauder too :cool4:

71cyclone
05-06-2014, 03:42 AM
71 cyclone [spoiler ] was one of my favorite Muscle cars back in the day. /it was actually a log in error that I did not change / it was my old insurance pass word.

jwibbity
05-06-2014, 05:16 AM
nickname i got back in highschool when we used to skip to play Halo 2, it has stuck ever since and dont ever have to worry about somebody else having the same username.....EVER!!!

BUICKMAN
05-06-2014, 05:45 AM
I have 4 Buicks.

Egon Spengler
05-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Mine's pretty easy....

When I was a kid, we would always play Ghostbusters. I was the skinny kid with glasses, so I got the part of Egon Spengler. It hit a little hard in the memories when Harold Ramis passed. Ghostbusters has a special place in my heart. Always will.

vkirkend
05-06-2014, 05:52 AM
My Marauder does 185!

"Life's been good to me so far!"

Actually...I was too much of a forum newbie to make up a name when I joined....:(

Same here, just used my name....
Makes it easy for me to remember (I'M GETTIN' OLD!!!)

Curless
05-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Ummm, I think mine speaks for itself!

VMARAUDER
05-06-2014, 06:55 AM
VMARAUDER
Vincent's Marauder

prchrman
05-06-2014, 07:17 AM
no splain it plain

RF Overlord
05-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Don't need two threads on this...merging with the other one.

MMcactusflower
05-06-2014, 07:42 AM
beautiful flowers on the cactus in the texas hill country

lji372
05-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Ummm, I think mine speaks for itself!

but you missplelled cureless, or is it careless, or clueless? now i'm confused :confused:

:lol:

RubberCtyRauder
05-06-2014, 08:46 AM
but you missplelled cureless, or is it careless, or clueless? now i'm confused :confused:

:lol:

Just use CBARS for short:bandit:

camelgrundle
05-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Camel genitalia. Nuff said

MMBLUE
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Don't need two threads on this...merging with the other one.

Okay then...I guess all the threads on what tune do you like the best or should I go with Kooks or SW or, maybe what do you think my next MOD should be put together too :D

BTW.. I have no other screen names. Anything else would be dumb.

MERCURY 2003LSE
05-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Mine is my car MERCURY 2003 LSE .:burnout::burnout::burnout:

whitey
05-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Mine is my car MERCURY 2003 LSE .:burnout::burnout::burnout:

No way!!!.....

Merrill
05-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Merrills Marauders, special operations unit in WW2 that is the precursor of the 75th Ranger Batallions. Amazing what these men did. Check Wikipedia.

Mike
05-07-2014, 05:50 PM
My name....something I shouldn't forget :rolleyes:

RichardP
05-07-2014, 06:18 PM
good question whitey

Haggis
05-08-2014, 04:02 AM
My name....something I shouldn't forget :rolleyes:

Mr. Barcelona? I thought it was Mike.

MarauderCyclone
05-08-2014, 09:16 PM
My Screen Name is a Tribute to my two Favorite Mercury Products.

The 2003-2004 Marauder and the 1968-1969 Mercury Cyclone Fastback.

I'm just happy to have one of each. :D

Now if I can just find a 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II , I'd be set. :help:

joe mosely
05-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Joe Mosely was a character in a movie called Roadside Prophets played by John Doe. And its way cooler than having Nole Quiring as a screen name.

cruzer
05-10-2014, 08:19 AM
On April 25th,1945 I made my first solo flight in a1940 Piper Cub Cruiser. When I starting needing a screen name " Cruiser" was always taken ----so I changed it to " Cruzer ". On April 25th this year I flew the very SAME Cub Cruiser celebrating a flying career covering 69 years and over 22,000 hours of flying. Not many people get to do exactly what they wanted for that long. Have fun and enjoy life. Drive safely , but with Gusto !!!!!! Maury

chief455
05-10-2014, 09:26 AM
While deeply into building Pontiac's in the 90's, I favored the 455 engine and gained muck knowledge of the Pontiac 55-79 V8 engine.
My friends called me 'Chief' , I added the 455
chief455

Limited360
05-10-2014, 09:34 AM
have owned 4 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited's...

360CI motor...

So... you now see it.

I used to rape people street racing with this one.. oh yeah.. it sounded wonderful too...

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/41284_422492411783_2744753_n.j pg

_OpmR0ZD1Go
uKnvEZEAlrE

and just cause I saw this while I was looking through my video list....

This was my 2012 Chevy Cruze ECO... averaged 43mpg with this car when it was tuned making 26psi on the stock turbo...

uFjoSywgYQI

chief455
05-10-2014, 10:26 AM
have owned 4 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited's...

360CI motor...

So... you now see it.

I used to rape people street racing with this one.. oh yeah.. it sounded wonderful too...

Loved mine too - a luxury car/truck with balls. Hard to find with the 5.9 now...

Limited360
05-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Loved mine too - a luxury car/truck with balls. Hard to find with the 5.9 now...

Last one I had was dropped with 10.5" tires on all four corners and addco sways front and back.

Also I did a selectable 2x4 / 4x4 transfer case. Would tease people in 2wd, than launch in 4wd and smoke em! Pulled 1.67 60ft's :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

MyTMerc
05-10-2014, 08:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7oZsAw3BKU

I just Googled Mighty Mercury and found a new theme song.

Mighty Mercury MYTMERC was intended to reflect the powerful car.

mossiehorn
05-11-2014, 01:26 PM
a bull so old he has moss growing on his horns

sam
05-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Sam because my name is Sam :)
Other names I have is samgvr4 because I had 3 Galant VR-4s if you guys recall those cars

CHSurvivor
08-04-2014, 04:43 AM
CHSurvivor-----ClusterHeadache Survivor....disease I have :(

JThw8
08-04-2014, 05:43 AM
JThw8 - Jim Thwaite (sounds like 8)

tmwlch1
08-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Tmwlch1 = Tom and Michelle Welch = tmwlch1 The 1 was just added for the heck of it.

Vostok
08-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Been my avatar on the internet since I was 10.

"First human spaceflight in history"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostok_1

Translates to English as "East".

I own the email Vostok@gmail.com so with that being said... to Russia I am "East@gmail.com"

I get SOOO much Russian spam but I don't want to abandon the name, lol. :violin:

Marauder_Santa
08-04-2014, 11:23 AM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/25968_377283876543_2168167_n.j pg?oh=b051c1c47262f264fe6d286d b62f3b28&oe=5442B706

Plus +

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/63556_1686078347474_1959735_n. jpg?oh=3f896a77e56e65868105f69 937923a39&oe=544F2774&__gda__=1415084014_82a0608100c 3e0889edad18f3fccd1f3

Equals = Marauder_Santa

CWright
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/25968_377283876543_2168167_n.j pg?oh=b051c1c47262f264fe6d286d b62f3b28&oe=5442B706

Plus +

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/63556_1686078347474_1959735_n. jpg?oh=3f896a77e56e65868105f69 937923a39&oe=544F2774&__gda__=1415084014_82a0608100c 3e0889edad18f3fccd1f3

Equals = Marauder_Santa

Show off some of the picts you showed us a couple years back! :sweat::D

Marauder_Santa
08-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Show off some of the picts you showed us a couple years back! :sweat::D

I'll have to dig them up Chris.

cat in the hat
08-04-2014, 08:29 PM
. . . means nothing :) I use a different random name on every website.
( I do tend to wear hats though ;) )

JohnnyCashMerc
08-04-2014, 09:21 PM
JohnnyCashMerc = My MM is black on black with 5% tint. A car Johnny himself would be proud to own. Not to mention a lot of the parts I got one piece at a time and they didn't cost me a dime ;)

sflrainmaker01
08-09-2014, 11:02 AM
S FL Rainmaker = South Florida Rainmaker (Rainmaker in the business sense). 01 was just added... :)

tylerdurden2816
08-11-2014, 09:21 AM
The first rule of my name, is I can't talk about it. And the second rule of my name, is I can't talk about it. But the 2816 is my street address number. I use the same name on Ebay lol.

cer0413
08-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Cer means charles E rives 04 graduate from high school 13 means graduated with masters

Dereck
08-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi

Ruler of the people

Regards

Dereck

Stugotz
01-23-2015, 01:18 AM
Stugotz. Italian for someone who is an A-hole. "Man, that guy is a real stugotz". Also my alias. I get mail at my house all the time for Stuart Gotz.

BeeDamn
01-23-2015, 03:01 AM
BeeDamn. it's actually refer to "bidam" my favored Korean Drama "Queen Seon Deok" he was the best actor in that Drama. So I changed the nickname a little bit.

MERCULES
01-23-2015, 04:18 AM
Mercules = Mercury muscle car plus Hercules = mercules :)

Shermanator
01-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Meet at the track and I'll demostrate

345HP87SSAC
01-24-2015, 10:09 AM
345HP87SSAC My name on all the forums.

345HP badge and I am a LEO + 87SSAC 1987 Monte Carlo Super Sport Aerocoupe

Black Terror
01-24-2015, 10:43 AM
What family called Marauder when I bought in 2002.