PDA

View Full Version : '04 CVPI Test Drive

Constable
03-12-2004, 10:30 PM
My PD has received twelve 2004 CVPI's, two of which have the 3.55 option. They are all outfitted with Ford's own strobe / lightbar system. It's nice to have factory installed and warrantied lighting now (hopefully it'll work!).

Well, I hopped in the car that will eventually be lettered up as my assigned unit (3.55's, of course!). My captain took the other and we went for a test drive through some of our many long, windy backroads (64 sq. miles worth of 'em).

The car was VERY tight and had plenty of power. It's not Marauder-ish, but it'll do. Handles very close to our stock cars. Brakes hard / quick. I was able to break the tires loose a few times, which used to be VERY difficult in the 02's and 03's. The car was a blast to throw around corners... I had the rear come half-around a few times (I was REALLY pushing it). Overall, I'm quite impressed. The acceleration is the most notable difference for this model year.

P.S. - Don't beat the snot out of fleet vehicles in front of your boss... I heard an ear-full after we got back to the station!!

BillyGman
03-13-2004, 01:07 AM
The car was a blast to throw around corners... I had the rear come half-around a few times (I was REALLY pushing it).

P.S. - Don't beat the snot out of fleet vehicles in front of your boss... I heard an ear-full after we got back to the station!!

LOL.......well atleast that is an occasional fringe benefit of your job. Being able to avoid getting a ticket for doing that stuff. Then again, because I have family on the force, I can avoid tickets too, but I still can get pulled over.