PDA

View Full Version : A good day Marauding

Mark McQuaide
03-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Yesterday I had my 'Rauder back after the rear bumper repaint and it felt great to get out of the loaner Camry :puke:

One of my rear tires has a bubble near the rim (it's always something) so I swung into NTB at lunchtime to have them look at it. Well as soon as I rolled into the garage I was swarmed by every tech in the place. Sometimes you feel like a celebrity in this thing. And it's always the blue-collar types who drool over it, the guys who know and appreciate cars.

They offered a pro-rated discount on a new tire, but now I'll need to buy two since I don't want a single new one on the rear. After less than 10K, the rears are about 50% worn. I've been keeping them at 35psi cold. I don't feel safe with the tire like that so I guess I'll just order 2 new ones. BTW, the alignment solved my uneven front tire wear.

Then, on the way home from work, I swing into the local liquor store in MD. There's an early 60s tail-fin caddy sitting there, rust and primer from stem to stern, busted exhaust, and a mile long. I get out of my car and as I get close, there are FIVE little kids in it, (under 5 years old) four across the back seat and one up front, the driver sitting there waiting for someone I guess.

I come back out, and he asks if that's one of those Marauders. BEAUTIFUL car, he says. I thanked him and thought he won't be buying one any time soon if all those kids are his.

Anyway just an interesting day Marauding.