PDA

View Full Version : For the few Thrash and Hardcore Punk fans...

Motorhead350
04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ

Tonight I am working Suicidal Tendencies and D.R.I.! Woo hoo. S.T.s first album saved my life, now I can thank them.

Mebot
04-17-2013, 11:54 AM
one of the most epic concerts I've been to was suicidal tendencies, the casualties, bouncing souls & catch 22.

such an eclectic line up that night but it was awesome because the different flavors of punk were all assembled. you have you ska core/punk for Bouncing Souls & Catch 22 & then all the thrash skinhead boot scoot for ST & the casualties. it was a lot of fun!

have a blast man:thumbup:

sent from space

massacre
04-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Good for you Dom, I loved their 1st album too!

guspech750
04-17-2013, 02:28 PM
ST are awesome!!

Love em!!

I would love to see Social Distortion one day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Motorhead350
04-18-2013, 09:47 AM
one of the most epic concerts I've been to was suicidal tendencies, the casualties, bouncing souls & catch 22.

such an eclectic line up that night but it was awesome because the different flavors of punk were all assembled. you have you ska core/punk for Bouncing Souls & Catch 22 & then all the thrash skinhead boot scoot for ST & the casualties. it was a lot of fun!

have a blast man:thumbup:

sent from space

That sounds awesome. I wish I was there.

Good for you Dom, I loved their 1st album too!

Dude, it's one of my favorites of all time.

ST are awesome!!

Love em!!

I would love to see Social Distortion one day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

I heard Mike is getting really old really fast. Check them out asap.

Last night was one of the best nights of my life and best day at work ever. At one point I filled in for a co-worker on the elevator for 30 minutes and ended up giving Mike Muir a ride for a minute. I had a little talk with him and it went like this...

Me: Hey man I just want to say I am a big fan and you guys got me though a really rough part in life, still do every now and then. You saved my life. I just wanna say thank you.
Mike: I'm not taking credit for doing that, you did that. That's something you overcame yourself, I had nothing to do with it. Hopefully you never have to face that in your life ever again.
Me: Well I still listen to the first album when I run and it clocks out at 28 minutes and some seconds. I have lost 50 pounds because of it.
Mike: HAHAHA! I have never heard that one before! Ok, I will take credit for that one.

They played a mix of old and new stuff. Two songs I caught from the first album, but still no Institutionalized or Suicides An Alternative... my favorite.

D.R.I. was great! Kurt still has the voice and Spike was just awesome to hangout with. I have never seen someone so happy all the time. I still think it's because he had medical issues years ago and needed to raise $25,000 for an operation. The band got word out to their fans and the fans donated enough to save his life. Talk about music saving your life.

I told them how they were one of the few left I cared about and how most Punk bands are gone and I never got to see them, which is what made D.R.I. a real treat. Spikes eyes really lit up when I mentioned Johnny Thunders. They were as real as a band could be. They played in the same street clothes they walked in wearing. No attitudes changed from off stage to on stage, they were the same people, same clothes, same attitude, no B.S.. The drummer was giving people a hard time about his stuff and kind of being a jerk about it. When I was told the drummer is an a-hole I went right over asking if I could help him. I did and he actually thanked me with a smile that looked like it hadn't seen the light of day in a while. I think people turn into a-holes after they get annoyed with everyone or are tired of not being taken seriously. Needless to say I can get along just fine with these people when everyone else ditches them. The bass player even gave me a setlist before the band played, it was great.

The last hour and a half was horrible, but that had nothing to do with the bands that night. S.T.'s crew manager lied to us. "Free hoodies later." Turned into "That will be $40." Yeah, **u* you. I should have let them move their 50 boxes themselves.