PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun, found an old amusing novelty plate

68MercuryM250
04-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Years ago when I built my first F250 4x4, I tried to get "this" vanity plate for my truck but was denied by the DMV for obvious reasons. I was going through a few old boxes of truck parts last night and stumbled across this novelty plate I had made and for many years, used to run on the front of my '76 F250 Highboy.....I come from a long line of loyal and dedicated Blue oval blooded people, a few of whom were FoMoCo employees. While I have a healthy respect for many GM products I simply prefer Fords.

So, For all you die hard Ford guys, enjoy the pic. Those of you who own autos that are made by GM know that I do salute you for your diversity and mean no specific ill will toward any of you. :) I just had to take advantage of this photo op.

Haggis
04-19-2013, 04:25 AM
Years ago when I built my first F250 4x4, I tried to get "this" vanity plate for my truck but was denied by the DMV for obvious reasons. I was going through a few old boxes of truck parts last night and stumbled across this novelty plate I had made and for many years, used to run on the front of my '76 F250 Highboy.....I come from a long line of loyal and dedicated Blue oval blooded people, a few of whom were FoMoCo employees. While I have a healthy respect for many GM products I simply prefer Fords.

So, For all you die hard Ford guys, enjoy the pic. Those of you who own autos that are made by GM know that I do salute you for your diversity and mean no specific ill will toward any of you. :) I just had to take advantage of this photo op.

LOL!!! Government Motors

lji372
04-19-2013, 06:09 AM
How much for the plate? :D

larryo340
04-19-2013, 07:10 AM

The Valiant from a Mopar magazine that kicked ass in a One Lap of America years back had that same plate on a NY plate. I actually saw the Valiant on the road in Jersey, and messed around with it for a few exits. That thing had some power I'll say... It took off from 80MPH like a rocket.

68MercuryM250
04-19-2013, 10:00 AM
How much for the plate? :D

$8.00 US dollars plus shipping ;)