PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed With Knock Sensor DTC P0327

kmastl
05-02-2013, 06:41 PM
So I will try and make this short. The car is an 05 Mazda3 2.3L. I am trying to diagnose a P0327 trouble code for a friend. He brought it to a shop they replaced the KS, same thing.

I have the Alldata relating to this code. I am suspecting a wire harness issue since this car was bought at auction wrecked.

The shop that replaced the sensor are a bunch of buffoons but that is another story.

I checked for TSB's (didn't see any).When I get back in town tomorrow I am going to do.

Step 4. I am not exactly sure how this is done. I guess there should be a resistance if I unplug the harness from the PCM and check bewteen 2Q and 2R?

Step 5. I am assuming there is not supposed to be continuity?

Step 8. (Basically checking the harness between the sensor and PCM)

I do not have access to any tool to read the Freeze Frame.

Also what in the heck is 0.01 V*1 and 0.06 V*2? I believe it is a measure of volts but I am not familiar with the scale.

mustang50lx
05-02-2013, 06:48 PM
You would unplug them both and check for resistance between 2Q and A and 2R and B. Resistance should be just a couple ohms at the most with both ends disconnected. You would also check for a short to ground. We have everything from smashed wires to mice eating them in the shop over the years.

kmastl
05-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. I found a better link to the same diagram I am looking at. It also specifies the Approx. resistance as well. I think you meant to say check the resistance between 2Q and 2R (PCM harness), A and B (KS). Checking it at the PCM will give me a good idea and then I'll go from there.
Thanks!

http://www.thaimazda3.com/svmanual/esicont/en/srvc/html/B3E010201085W03.html

http://www.thaimazda3.com/svmanual/esicont/en/srvc/html/B3E014018921W01.html#wp1025486

You would unplug them both and check for resistance between 2Q and A and 2R and B. Resistance should be just a couple ohms at the most with both ends disconnected. You would also check for a short to ground. We have everything from smashed wires to mice eating them in the shop over the years.