http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75760813/

If you have a favorite song post it...

Motorhead350
05-02-2013, 11:41 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX_Qj_HWEpw

bill64
05-03-2013, 05:30 AM
May have been one of these little boogers!!!:eek:

NEW POISONOUS SPIDER IN THE UNITED STATES!!

A spider bite...please read............ And you thought the brown recluse was bad!!!

Three women in North Florida ,... turned up at hospitals over a 5-day period, all with the same symptoms. Fever, chills, and vomiting, followed by muscular collapse, paralysis, and finally, death. There were no outward signs of trauma.

Autopsy results showed toxicity in the blood. These women did not know each other, and seemed to have nothing in common. It was discovered, however, that they had all visited the same Restaurant (Olive Garden) within days of their deaths.. The health department descended on the restaurant, shutting it down. The food, water, and air conditioning were all inspected and tested, to no avail.

The big break came when a waitress at the restaurant was rushed to the hospital with similar symptoms. She told doctors that she had been on vacation, and had only went to the restaurant to pick up her check. She did not eat or drink while she was there, but had used the restroom.

That is when one toxicologist, remembering an article he had read, drove out to the restaurant, went into the restroom, and lifted the toilet seat. Under the seat, out of normal view, was a small spider.

The spider was captured and brought back to the lab, where it was determined to be the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata), so named because of its reddened flesh color. This spider's venom is extremely toxic, but can take several days to take effect. They live in cold, dark, damp climates, and toilet rims provide just the right atmosphere.

Several days later a lawyer from Jacksonville showed up at a hospital emergency room. Before his death, he told the doctor, that he had been away on business, had taken a flight from Indonesia , changing planes in Singapore, before returning home. He did not visit (Olive Garden), while there. He did, as did all of the other victims, have what was determined to be a puncture wound, on his right buttock.

Investigators discovered that the flight he was on had originated in India .
The Civilian Aeronautics Board (CAB) ordered an immediate inspection of the toilets of all flights from India , and discovered the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata) spider's nests on 4 different planes!

It is now believed that these spiders can be anywhere in the country. So please, before you use a public toilet, lift the seat to check for spiders. It can save your life!
^^^^this is nasty!!

Marauderjack
05-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Never heard of them 'til I got the above email!!:shake:

88LTDCV351
05-03-2013, 06:08 AM
This sounds a lot like one of those urban legend stories. Except the version I always heard was the toilet at the airport had the spider.

Marauderjack
05-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Should have checked Snopes first......FALSE!!:rolleyes:

See here: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/telamonia.asp

Sorry!!:(

rocky
05-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Sad day indeed, Slayer is awesome. The other guitarist Kerry King even provided the riff to one of my all time favorite songs "no sleep till Brooklyn"

Sent from my iPhone 5

Spectragod
05-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Why is everyone dying???

Dom,

It's called "life", it will happen to all of us, there is no getting around it.

screamn
05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
RIP brother!

One of my all time favorite Metal bands.

Hope the band is able to move forward with this tragedy.

justbob
05-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Been jamming this one since JR. High. Never gets old.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNnaRHqtrDQ

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Motorhead350
05-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Dom,

It's called "life", it will happen to all of us, there is no getting around it.

It just seems like a lot more are dying than ever before. At least those who are meaningful.

I hate life.

Spectragod
05-03-2013, 07:34 PM
It just seems like a lot more are dying than ever before. At least those who are meaningful.

I hate life.

Sometimes "life" can be very trying......... I feel your pain, I have lost many that were close to me.

MyBlackBeasts
05-03-2013, 08:41 PM
May have been one of these little boogers!!!:eek:

NEW POISONOUS SPIDER IN THE UNITED STATES!!

A spider bite...please read............ And you thought the brown recluse was bad!!!

Three women in North Florida ,... turned up at hospitals over a 5-day period, all with the same symptoms. Fever, chills, and vomiting, followed by muscular collapse, paralysis, and finally, death. There were no outward signs of trauma.

Autopsy results showed toxicity in the blood. These women did not know each other, and seemed to have nothing in common. It was discovered, however, that they had all visited the same Restaurant (Olive Garden) within days of their deaths.. The health department descended on the restaurant, shutting it down. The food, water, and air conditioning were all inspected and tested, to no avail.

The big break came when a waitress at the restaurant was rushed to the hospital with similar symptoms. She told doctors that she had been on vacation, and had only went to the restaurant to pick up her check. She did not eat or drink while she was there, but had used the restroom.

That is when one toxicologist, remembering an article he had read, drove out to the restaurant, went into the restroom, and lifted the toilet seat. Under the seat, out of normal view, was a small spider.

The spider was captured and brought back to the lab, where it was determined to be the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata), so named because of its reddened flesh color. This spider's venom is extremely toxic, but can take several days to take effect. They live in cold, dark, damp climates, and toilet rims provide just the right atmosphere.

Several days later a lawyer from Jacksonville showed up at a hospital emergency room. Before his death, he told the doctor, that he had been away on business, had taken a flight from Indonesia , changing planes in Singapore, before returning home. He did not visit (Olive Garden), while there. He did, as did all of the other victims, have what was determined to be a puncture wound, on his right buttock.

Investigators discovered that the flight he was on had originated in India .
The Civilian Aeronautics Board (CAB) ordered an immediate inspection of the toilets of all flights from India , and discovered the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata) spider's nests on 4 different planes!

It is now believed that these spiders can be anywhere in the country. So please, before you use a public toilet, lift the seat to check for spiders. It can save your life!

Hoax: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/telamonia.asp

rocky
05-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Hoax: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/telamonia.asp

Whatever
Next thing you're gonna tell me crab people aren't real?

Sent from my iPhone 5

sailsmen
05-04-2013, 02:50 AM
When we moved into our current house I found 5 black widows.
They are beautiful, jet black with a red violin on their belly.

I didn't want to kill them but read up on them and you do not want to get bit. So I killed them.

Black Widow bites were very common on men's scrotums back in the out house days. It was hard just to type that.

Ozark Marauder
05-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Guess it may have been due to a spider bite......

LOS ANGELES — Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman thought he was on the mend after a spider bite followed by an infection. He’d been writing songs with the band in anticipation of recording a new album later this year.
But a representative for the band says the bite may have contributed to Hanneman’s death more than two years later.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130503/ENT07/305030123/1035/ent/Spider-bite-flesh-eating-disease-called-pivotal-Slayer-guitarist-death

OZ

rocky
05-04-2013, 06:45 AM
There was an Oklahoma barking spider in my room this morning. Girlfriend didn't see it but the smell ran her out.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Vortex
05-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Guess he was slayed by a spider.

Motorhead350
05-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Sometimes "life" can be very trying......... I feel your pain, I have lost many that were close to me.

I don't know man. I don't think I have lost anyone close to me. Both parents are still alive dispite me telling the wife I will not be sad when my mom crocks over. Plus being an only child.

I guess musicians and bands mean more to me than most. I already know I will be saddened when its Chuck Berry and Phil Spectors time.

Enough about death and misery.