PDA

View Full Version : Paint body/shop review, Paul Petrone.

Odinson
05-09-2013, 08:01 AM
http://www.petroneauto.com/

Hey so I wanted to give a huge hat tip to my paint shop. I had both bumpers, the roof and a rear quarter painted about 15 months ago. About the going rate for a quality paint job, about $2400 (including a busted back window). Stripping, priming and painting. They did a great job. Car looked pretty close to new. Won a couple trophys at Carlisle. Probably would have won more at other shows if I actually got out much. They did a sweet job and all the (black) paint was mirror like.

http://www.warcloud.net/~odinson/marauder/MM-painted.jpg
http://www.warcloud.net/~odinson/marauder/Marauder-shine.jpg

This spring the 1/4 panel had a problem. The paint started bubbling and peeling off in a spot. Naturally I was pretty pissed. I drove it over there and showed Frankie. No problem, they'll take care of it. Brought it back in about 3 days. A week after that I have the car back and it once again is perfect. No defects. Easy to tell too as they polished the hell out of the car.

IMO they could legally have told me I was out of luck since it was over a year, but there was no argument. Smooth as silk.

I would strongly recommend them. :beer:

Unfortunately it's raining, only a blurry after pic. I should have snapped one at the shop. Sorry the car is wet and the phone's lense is pretty messed up after a grit bath a year ago. I'll revisit and post a good one next time I clean it up.

Even through the rain and lens scratches, you can see the coke machine pretty clearly.

License2Bill
05-09-2013, 08:20 AM
That's awesome that companies like this will stand behind their work. Definitely looks like a quality job and the price seems pretty reasonable considering the work involved. I see that they're located in Queens. That's about 2.5 hours from me. Maybe this time next year I'll get my car repainted through them. It's starting to show the typical 03 bad paint flaws and 10 years of not being cared for.

The first time I crashed my CVPI, the paint that the body shop used started bubbling less than a year after I got it back and they refused to touch it. If it was a more valuable car, I'd have gone through the BBB.

Odinson
05-09-2013, 09:25 AM
That's awesome that companies like this will stand behind their work. Definitely looks like a quality job and the price seems pretty reasonable considering the work involved. I see that they're located in Queens. That's about 2.5 hours from me. Maybe this time next year I'll get my car repainted through them. It's starting to show the typical 03 bad paint flaws and 10 years of not being cared for.

The first time I crashed my CVPI, the paint that the body shop used started bubbling less than a year after I got it back and they refused to touch it. If it was a more valuable car, I'd have gone through the BBB.

That is exactly what I was afraid of. IMO if you strip it down to the metal (and charge for that level of work) it should be warrantied for a few years.

I was a little shocked at how the back ledge on the roof had rusted under the weatherstripping. Definitely have them take a peak.

Good news is there is a train right there so getting back home should be doable.