PDA

View Full Version : No garage , No carport, NO problem

Jolly Roger
05-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Stumbled across this while looking for carport kits onlone today.
I'm sure some members can use this.
http://www.hailprotector.com/media-coverage/television/

NavySeabee
05-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Looks like a money-making little invention!

Blk Mamba
05-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I've been in hail storms, they are not over in a few seconds, when it is continuous for several min. it will deflate the air bag, and damage the car, not as severely, but there will still be damage.

hailprotector
05-13-2013, 08:25 AM
I've been in hail storms, they are not over in a few seconds, when it is continuous for several min. it will deflate the air bag, and damage the car, not as severely, but there will still be damage.

Mr. Mamba, couldn't help but notice your comment about the Hail Protector system. The weight of the fabric and the pressure within the device are such that deflating the Hail Protector is more than highly unlikely.

If you look at this video http://youtu.be/E0ipL9PpYA0
, this is essentially 1600 joules of energy being shot at the Hail Protector in a single moment. That's equivalent to more than 10 softball sized hail stones traveling at terminal velocity and impacting the cover at virtually the same time in a one square meter area of the cover. This is well beyond what Mother Nature has been able to create to date.

The cover is designed to breath, so exhausting some airflow is by design. But even with 1600 joules impacting at once, the recovery is impressive. We are pushing more than 100 cubic feet of air per minute or more than 1.5 cubic feet of air per second. The speed at which hail falls from the sky, the frequency and pattern of those stones and the mass of those stones will not be able to deflate the cover. That is unless Mother Nature takes a quantum leap in her ability to create hail storms. In which case, it is not your car you'll be worried about.

Much like a construction hard hat company or automobile air bag company, we will never be able to guarantee harm won't occur, however given what we've achieved with physics at between $299 and $399 retail, including hail forecast and early warning alert service, is a multiple beyond that of anything ever produced to take on this issue.

Sorry, but when someone expresses such certainty about the product, in a negative way, I can't help but respond. We've been at this 5 years. We've been testing our working prototype design, which continues to exceed our expectations, for over 2 years. We've been testing manufacturing production samples for over a year.

You can't be all things to all people, but we sure will try anyway.