PDA

View Full Version : Group texting

justbob
05-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Maybe it's just me, if so, sorry in advance.. It is annoying as **** to hear the phone go off 30 something times because people I don't even know (your friends, not mine....) must comment on whatever it is that's so important in your life. I have continually asked nicely, but I'm done with that now.

If this crap continues, I will start deleting and blocking as necessary as this is also used as a work phone.

Yes, I'm grumpy, because my nap was destroyed with beep beep, beep beep, beep beep...

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Curless
05-15-2013, 03:20 PM
What is this texting you speak of and how does it work????

MrBluGruv
05-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but either some phones will only respond to a group text by sending a response to everyone (I know my droid phone doesn't do this), or some people are too stupid to differentiate between "reply" and "reply all".

I feel your pain though, I can always tell when someone sent out a text to a group instead of just to me directly...

L.Mark
05-15-2013, 03:33 PM

In order to even begin gto understand, first you have to upgrade from you Marconi Device...:P

DOOM
05-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Wasn't me Biscuits. :beer:

Mebot
05-15-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but either some phones will only respond to a group text by sending a response to everyone (I know my droid phone doesn't do this), or some people are too stupid to differentiate between "reply" and "reply all".

This is correct. I find that its mostly iphones that have the reply all feature

sent from space

DOOM
05-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Whenever I GROUP TEXT I make sure I keep Mike and Biscuits off of it.

lji372
05-15-2013, 05:16 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=chvhxl9l34U

It's like doing this^^^^^^^^on your phone.

99.99999999% of America does it. You are the last hold out, congrats :P

guspech750
05-15-2013, 05:19 PM

Word. Everyone else is free game. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

rocky
05-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Was group texting last night, talking about some crazy "OMG what I would do to that girl" one of my buddy's in the group had given his phone to his wife to make a call and she read it all...put my bro in the dog house and he didn't even know he was in the group text. This guy is also my employee...bought him lunch and let him take off early.
Me and the others in the group felt horrible and big lesson learned in group text..sometimes just DON'T.

Sent from my iPhone 5

PonyUP
05-15-2013, 06:10 PM

Plus one, though I do get where Bob is coming from, sometimes I thoroughly enjoy the group texting, sometimes it happens at a bad time

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

Shaijack
05-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Today it was only about 1 hour of group texting. I like then. They are funny and we get to talk about everyone.
I don't like them in the middle of the night. Wakes up my turtle.

MyBlackBeasts
05-15-2013, 06:25 PM

If you send a text with more than 1 person in the "Send To" list, when one of the recipients reply to it their reply goes to all the names on the original text.

It is EXTREMELY irritating! :mad2:

Pisses me off huge and when someone does it to me I give them an earful!:argue:

The reply goes to a bunch of people who don't know you so that starts the "who the h$%l are you & why are you texting me" messages.

Asinine concept, should be banned! :banned:

justbob
05-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Wasn't me Biscuits. :beer:

I know :)

I feel like an ass writing this as I am friends with most involved. But I normally work with gloves on, up ladders, swinging big ass wrenches, or trying to get my nappy on.. Problem one, my boss usually communicates through texts so I have to look every time it beeps or soon there after, or problem two, my nappy, nuff said! :D

Today was one round at work, and another after overdosing on a BIG margarita (long story.. Just add ice. Oops.) and literally 30 seconds after commenced closing of eyes after a second day of hell gas piping a rooftop solo. 31 texts in round two, not kidding! I never shut my phone off, today was an exception.

Love you all!

Mr. Man
05-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Jitterbug baby......................:D

L.Mark
05-15-2013, 07:08 PM
I think we should al text hug...:banana:

justbob
02-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Dragging up an old thread. Not naming names (Mike...) 😉

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

guspech750
02-04-2014, 07:54 PM
:lol:

Bumpski for the upcoming Humpski.

:lol:

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom