PDA

View Full Version : chrysler hellcat

lji372
05-21-2013, 06:19 AM
they say up to 640hp but a little birdie tells me he thinks it will be closer to 680hp.

doom, they're after you!!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113052057856/chrysler-working-on-a-supercharged-62-liter-hemi-v8-hellcat

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/05/20/chrysler-working-supercharged-hellcat-hemi-v8/

breeze
05-21-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm on challenger forum and they say until it hits dealers don't count on anything because they don't release information

lji372
05-21-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm on challenger forum and they say until it hits dealers don't count on anything because they don't release information

not an official release. More like insider info;)

DOOM
05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
they say up to 640hp but a little birdie tells me he thinks it will be closer to 680hp.

doom, they're after you!!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113052057856/chrysler-working-on-a-supercharged-62-liter-hemi-v8-hellcat

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/05/20/chrysler-working-supercharged-hellcat-hemi-v8/

All that motor and a blower and still not as powerful as a Shelby GT-500! :down:

And I bet you the price tag will be a hell of alot higher than the Shelby too.

Joe Walsh
05-21-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm glad to see Chrysler finally joining the S/C HP wars!
although they are wayyyy late.
As much as I like the body style of the Challenger, they have the most weight and lowest HP of any of the Big 3's offerings....plus they run those skinny tires under the fenders.
Maybe a blower with some fat rims/tires will get them 'back in the race'.

Granddaddy Marq
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm glad to see Chrysler finally joining the S/C HP wars!
although they are wayyyy late.
As much as I like the body style of the Challenger, they have the most weight and lowest HP of any of the Big 3's offerings....plus they run those skinny tires under the fenders.
Maybe a blower with some fat rims/tires will get them 'back in the race'.

Ditto, It's about time. The Challenger is the sexiest of the 3. But I think they've mist the boat. The Imported from Detroit boat.

guspech750
05-21-2013, 09:22 AM
I remember reading about the SC Hemis in another article I had seen. I hope they are put into production.

I looked at a new ZL-1 yesterday at a cruise night.

After looking it over and comparing it to say the Camaro SS. It is an improvement over the looks of the lesser Camaros for sure. I just really hate how GM covers the motors with the plastic covers. Can't even see the supercharger.

I hope Chrysler/Dodge doesn't cover the new SC Hemis with covers.

The new Z-28 looks really nice though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

RF Overlord
05-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Now I'm even more sure what my next car will be.

Hint: It won't wear a bow tie, nor have a blue oval on it. It may have a pentagram.

lji372
05-21-2013, 10:21 AM
All that motor and a blower and still not as powerful as a Shelby GT-500! :down:

And I bet you the price tag will be a hell of alot higher than the Shelby too.

you miss the point, they're just after you :lol:

and agreed, it is the best looking in my opinion and they have to do something about tires that look like chicken legs.

wouldn't trade my marauder for one though, man i love this car:lovies:

guspech750
05-21-2013, 12:26 PM
wouldn't trade my marauder for one though, man i love this car:lovies:

Same here.

But I have given serious thoughts to an M5 with the V-10. But that's all that really comes to mind if I were to sell my Merc. (Big IF at that)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Marauderjack
05-21-2013, 02:29 PM
What are they doing to the rest of the anemic drive train??:cool:

They currently use shift "modulation" to keep from breaking the trasmission and rear end........slicks and an SCT tune would spell WARRANTY REPAIRS unless they catch ya!!:eek:

They will have a lot more engineering to do IMHO??:rolleyes:

Ladyhawke
05-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Now I'm even more sure what my next car will be.

Hint: It won't wear a bow tie, nor have a blue oval on it. It may need Depends.

***Fixed***

;)
Haggis

Ms. Denmark
05-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Same here.

But I have given serious thoughts to an M5 with the V-10. But that's all that really comes to mind if I were to sell my Merc. (Big IF at that)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Jeremy says the new M5 with the V8 is even better.

I like the look of the Audi's and their paint is awesome.

lji372
05-21-2013, 06:36 PM
To bad the Audi factory didn't paint the marauders. Why don't the u.s. automakers do a better job painting cars?

Mr. Man
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
to bad the audi factory didn't paint the marauders. Why don't the u.s. Automakers do a better job painting cars?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$

guspech750
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Jeremy says the new M5 with the V8 is even better.

I like the look of the Audi's and their paint is awesome.

Yeah I wish. The newer twin turbo V-8 M5 are pretty awesome and better than the V-10. Wish I could. But a newer used V-10 model can be picked up for a lot less $$$.

God those M5's just look awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

lji372
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM

$8.00 wouldn't cover it :D

GAMike
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
You can run right with that V-10 anytime you want Joe:) Have run with a bunch of em when I commuted up to Alpharetta (oops Mexico:D). Your car probably has me beat HP wise and I hung with em all day long. No problem:drive:

Yeah I wish. The newer twin turbo V-8 M5 are pretty awesome and better than the V-10. Wish I could. But a newer used V-10 model can be picked up for a lot less $$$.

God those M5's just look awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Odinson
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
I've been thinking. If Dodge can come up with a full size fastback (not a ****ing hatchback) with 600hp (2 or 4 doors, 2 doors is better but don't care), I think they've got me.

The challenger and charger are no sleepers. If they are going to 'go for it' styling wise they may as well go all the way.

71cyclone
06-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Keep in mind that the Charger and Challenger are low buck Benz knock offs [ they still use Benz rear ends ,trannys / axles/ ignition and other sorted components and old generation E class chassis knock off parts ].and the Hemi was designed under Benz's watchful eye and at that "time" they were not going to build an engine more powerful than the AMG engines. until recently the engines were built with weak rods and pistons and could not stand anything over 10 psi boost with blowers./ and by the way their heads do not flow as well as the ford Modular heads. [ spring edition of Mopar now magazine] verifys some of the said info//>>>

guspech750
06-05-2013, 07:48 PM
After attending the Chicago 1/2 mile shoot out. The slowest cars in the 1/2 mile race was all Challengers. The only two slowest vehicles I recall was a gas and diesel pickup truck.

I was really disappointed in their performance.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

68MercuryM250
06-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Same here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Sell it to me!! I will give you more than $8 bucks :D

ChiTownMaraud3r
06-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Those TT V8 M5s are sweet...but can't beat the lambo-like sound of the E60 M5s with the V10.

Motorhead350
06-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Can we shut down c.a.f.e. in acts of violence?

Odinson
06-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the info. Been thinking hard about it, love to have in your face car as a complement to the sleeper (the marauder.) After long decision making it must be a fastback (real fastback, all the way to the spoiler) . Gran Torino, Cyclone, 71 mach1 mustang, chevelle, classic charger, etc. I'm sure it ain't gunna be cheap so it had better be worth it. Of course if new car came out...

Yes lets smash cafe. China don't give a **** what are emissions are and will continue to pollute so what's the point. Our country is mice nuts compared to them now. We don't have to toss them all but they were obviously workable at say... 2003. :)

I strongly suspect that CAFE has such strong Federal support for reasons OTHER than air quality. There are serious safety issues with a 45MPG (non hybrid) car as they stand now. But somehow that is ignored. I'd bet a dollar if someone came out with a production Marauder sized electric performance car, they'd be shut down in a NY minute.