PDA

View Full Version : It's not San Diego, it's Boston

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Well, those of you that know me, know I started a new job a couple months ago and I was moving to San Diego.

As do often happens in my industry, things changed and now I'm headed up to Boston.

Just spent the weekend here looking for an apartment, it's my first extended stay up here and I wanted to share my impressions

1) my Marauder is going to love driving here, 93 Octane available and miles of tunnels, first ticket will likely take place shortly after I move

2) people here are really cool. Very friendly, proud of their city and happy to share info with newb's and tourists

3) the city skyline is beautiful, I stayed in a suite last night with an incredible view

4) incredible food, obviously seafood is readily available but everything is delicious

I'll have to get used to winters again, but I'm pretty exited to be coming to New England.

I know we have a healthy Marauder contingency up here, and after being with the Southern boys and Windy City boys, I'm looking forward to meeting many, and being closer to old friends

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

maineiac
05-28-2013, 03:01 PM
1 if by land 2 if by sea and 3 if by marauder oh yeah good to have you up north,what are you going to do without white castle or waffle house?

DOOM
05-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Now you're close to Guittard! Lmao!!! :lol:

DOOM
Hey bro at least you don't have to worry about emissions now. :beer:

L.Mark
What!!! no WC Lounge...:eek::eek::eek:...qui t and get out now...I'll take you Marauder for $8.50 to help with the costs...

bill64
05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
doom, massachusetts is strict on emissions....this state sucks!!!!

CWright
05-28-2013, 03:34 PM
I wish you the best up there buddy! :beer:

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 03:35 PM
1 if by land 2 if by sea and 3 if by marauder oh yeah good to have you up north,what are you going to do without white castle or waffle house?

Eat Lobster of course, and drink Captain

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 03:37 PM

You wouldn't believe the worry that is off my mind, I got a Marty emissions safe tune, and as soon as I pass, I'm cracking eardrums in the Ted Willisms tunnel at WOT

And Guitarrd is on my bucket list to meet

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 03:38 PM
doom, massachusetts is strict on emissions....this state sucks!!!!

Not as bad as California, and I found a way to make her legal out there even with the mods, it will all be fine

maineiac
05-28-2013, 03:39 PM

You will be drivin to NH to pick up the captian about 30% cheaper tham Ma. worth the 30 min drive.

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 03:40 PM
You will be drivin to NH to pick up the captian about 30% cheaper tham Ma. worth the 30 min drive.

At the rate I drink it, that's thousands a year

loud2004marquis
05-28-2013, 03:42 PM
As do often happens in my industry, things changed and now I'm headed up to Boston.

What kind of work do you do?

bill64
05-28-2013, 04:02 PM
:welcome1:to massachusetts ponyup!!!!!! just beware of the bad drivers here and driving through boston is no fun what so ever:D

justbob
05-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Awesome Bud! Touring the country!

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Mebot
05-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Cool Brad. Glad to see you remain on the east coast. Hopefully see yot at some regional meets. I'm not going to the New Hampshire meet but will be at Carlisle in a fortnight. Can you make it?

sent from space

License2Bill
05-28-2013, 04:53 PM
New England gains 1 Boosted Marauder. New England levels up!

Glad to hear you'll be joining us. Do you have a time frame for your move? I'd be willing to come up and help unload.

jerrym3
05-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Great history in Boston. And, the city is close to the White and Green Mountain areas of New England. (Drive the Mt Washington AutoRoad just for kicks.)

I made it a point to walk the yellow painted line through the city. Passed by a lot of historical spots.

I also climbed the Bunker Hill monument.

My legs hurt for about three days after doing that, and that was almost twenty-five years ago.

RoyLPita
05-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Good luck to you up there. Better get those front plate brackets installed on the MM and the Stang. MA requires 2 plates.

Marauder_Santa
05-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Well, those of you that know me, know I started a new job a couple months ago and I was moving to San Diego.

Just spent the weekend here looking for an apartment, it's my first extended stay up here and I wanted to share my impressions

1) my Marauder is going to love driving here, 93 Octane available and miles of tunnels, first ticket will likely take place shortly after I move

2) people here are really cool. Very friendly, proud of their city and happy to share info with newb's and tourists

3) the city skyline is beautiful, I stayed in a suite last night with an incredible view

4) incredible food, obviously seafood is readily available but everything is delicious

I'll have to get used to winters again, but I'm pretty exited to be coming to New England.

I know we have a healthy Marauder contingency up here, and after being with the Southern boys and Windy City boys, I'm looking forward to meeting many, and being closer to old friends

Good luck Brad. I will miss seeing you at Breakfast and eating your balls!

RF Overlord
05-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Welcome to New England, Brad.

Come down to the Cape and see us!

Marauder85
05-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Born and raised in this lovely city, now you have to spell it as BAWSTON, then of course the very old (to a Boston vet) "pahk tha kah", theres plenty of MM owners here and we love smokey burnouts like the best of them, yes you will want to watch for the statey's (Mass state po-po's) they like our MM's and are always seeming to snag us every chance they get, invest in a radar detector, they are legal here and cheap at Wally world, I myself installed a built in unit that is very accurate and thats what you want at 140mph, your right about the roads here, Ill take you to many, many roads that the MM loves, PM me and we'll meet for coffee or a beer and Ill show you some spots.

RF Overlord
05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
now you have to spell it as BAWSTON, No, it's BAHSTON.

Unless you're from Revee-ah...

You'll also learn about the cities of New Beige and Fall Reev.

You go "down the Cape", not "to the Cape".

...and it's pronounced SCOLLOP, not SCAALOP.

Most important: CLAM CHOWDAH IS NOT MADE WITH TOMATOES!

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
What kind of work do you do?

I work for a technology company, we provide equipment for TV, Movies, Concerts, and Corporate events

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Cool Brad. Glad to see you remain on the east coast. Hopefully see yot at some regional meets. I'm not going to the New Hampshire meet but will be at Carlisle in a fortnight. Can you make it?

sent from space

I won't be able to do Carlisle this year, but I'm going to try and get up for the New Hampshire meet

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 07:59 PM
New England gains 1 Boosted Marauder. New England levels up!

Glad to hear you'll be joining us. Do you have a time frame for your move? I'd be willing to come up and help unload.

I'll be up there the first week of July, and that is an incredibly generous offer that is very much appreciated, but I'll have movers bringing everything up

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Good luck to you up there. Better get those front plate brackets installed on the MM and the Stang. MA requires 2 plates.

Ahhh crap, forgot about that

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Good luck Brad. I will miss seeing you at Breakfast and eating your balls!

I'll always save some of my balls for you Dave, I haven't made those in a while

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Great history in Boston. And, the city is close to the White and Green Mountain areas of New England. (Drive the Mt Washington AutoRoad just for kicks.)

I made it a point to walk the yellow painted line through the city. Passed by a lot of historical spots.

I also climbed the Bunker Hill monument.

My legs hurt for about three days after doing that, and that was almost twenty-five years ago.

I'm so looking forward to exploring the history up there, it's such a rich city filled with so much

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Born and raised in this lovely city, now you have to spell it as BAWSTON, then of course the very old (to a Boston vet) "pahk tha kah", theres plenty of MM owners here and we love smokey burnouts like the best of them, yes you will want to watch for the statey's (Mass state po-po's) they like our MM's and are always seeming to snag us every chance they get, invest in a radar detector, they are legal here and cheap at Wally world, I myself installed a built in unit that is very accurate and thats what you want at 140mph, your right about the roads here, Ill take you to many, many roads that the MM loves, PM me and we'll meet for coffee or a beer and Ill show you some spots.

I noticed there wasn't a lot of speeding going on up there, looks like I may be in trouble

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
No, it's BAHSTON.

I gotta tell ya, I love hearing the accent, I so plan on adopting it

WhatsUpDOHC
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM

Ahhh crap, forgot about that

I used Velcro. Still holding the plate after 3 years.

PonyUP
05-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Awesome Bud! Touring the country!

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Yup, the only section I haven't lived in yet is the Pacific Northwest

License2Bill
05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
That's what we're here for! I'll be down in the Outer Banks that week unfortunately. Keep us informed about the "housewarming party" :burn:

If a normal person (not from Boston) loses their khakis, they've lost their pants. If a Bostonian loses their khakis, their not driving anywhere until they find them.

Mebot
05-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Please just dont root for the Boston Red Sox or New England Patriots

sent from space

guspech750
05-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Wow Brad. That's crazy, but cool.

Heather and I went to Boston in 2005 to see the White Sox vs Red Sox. Awesome city. Awesome food and the people there were super nice to us. They bought us drinks all weekend and treated us like friends. I would love to go back for another visit.

Good luck buddy.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

MM03MOK
05-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Oh, cool!! Yep, come down the Cape! Let us know where you land and if we can help, just hollah!

Mr. Man
05-28-2013, 09:52 PM
No, it's BAHSTON.

:blah: :blah: :blah: Baub.

All he needs to know is when at a Sox game he needs to yell out Red Sox suck, Yankees are #1!!!:D

Congratulations Brad on the move. We'll see you in NH if you can make it. :2thumbs:

Oh yeah great Chowder is tomato based :food: and doesn't leave you feeling like you need to rinse your mouth out with gas to get rid of the milky scuzz leavins' :cool:

Shaijack
05-29-2013, 12:36 AM
They don't sell The Captain in Ballstonne.
When you get settled I will send you some Cajun Hot Sausage.
Good luck, to bad they did not move you here.

PonyUP
05-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Please just dont root for the Boston Red Sox or New England Patriots

sent from space

Nope, still Vikings and Cubbies, I like teams that lose

PonyUP
05-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Wow Brad. That's crazy, but cool.

Heather and I went to Boston in 2005 to see the White Sox vs Red Sox. Awesome city. Awesome food and the people there were super nice to us. They bought us drinks all weekend and treated us like friends. I would love to go back for another visit.

Good luck buddy.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Heather is welcome to visit any time, you I'm not so sure about j/k

Mr. Man
05-29-2013, 10:08 AM
That may be the dirtiest thing I've ever read here....perv :lol:

SC Cheesehead
05-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Nope, still Vikings and Cubbies, I like teams that lose

Something several of us have known for some time....

http://www.medicinefilms.com/flv/187983.jpg

;) -------> :D

PonyUP
05-29-2013, 10:40 AM

That's awesome Barry, your sausage always leaves me wanting more. That's some good stuff

PonyUP
05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
One thing I'm very excited about

2 Garages......SCORE!!!!!

Mebot
05-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Thats awesome

sent from space

Marauder85
05-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Lol @ RF OVERLORD

Marauder85
05-29-2013, 01:35 PM
No, it's BAHSTON.

Couldn't of said it better myself lol :beer:

maineiac
05-29-2013, 01:50 PM
you are gonna love the rotaries and no use of signal lights but they do love the middle finger and horn.

Davesvt2000
05-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Bass Pro shop cruise night show at Gillette stadium, Rt 1 Foxborough, every other Thursday night.

On a good night, 2500 + cars, and 400 + bikes.

http://patriot-place.com/MassCruiser.aspx

Mebot
05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
your sausage always leaves me wanting more.

yes i giggled when I read this

GAMike
05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
I noticed there wasn't a lot of speeding going on up there

Why do you think I moved to Georgia:o:coolman: So because you are moving, we have to equip you with some restaurants in town.........

My favs......
Steak?
Grill 23 & Bar.... Like a Bones here in the ATL but more elegant décor...
Wildwood Steakhouse in Malborogh.... Excellent meat in a burbs locale......
HillTop Steakhouse Saugus.... Does more business than any restaurant in the country.....
Twin Oaks Steakhouse Cranston, RI.... Stiff drinks brontosaurus and a waitstaff that knows their business......

Seafood
The No Name, Boston..... One of the best.....
Jimmy's Harborside, Boston...... Ditto
The Harborside, East Greenwich RI... Can pull a boat right up to it... Awesome Lobsta
Newicks, Hampton NH..... Fried everything! Yay:)
Browns & Markies Lobster Pot (right across the street from ea. other in Seabrook NH.... Fried, boiled, broiled and baked any seafood you can think of.... Awesome beach ambience too!

Italian
Its been a while for me in Boston, so I don't recall some of the names, but the holes in the wall that are crowded in the North End, are that way for a reason..... :)
Camille's in Providence on Federal Hill for an elegant Italian meal
Angelos for no décor and good food... (hard to go wrong on Federal Hill as well)
Santarpio's Ea. Boston..... Best Pizza in town inmho..... Dive locale but worth it...
Dino's Restaurant, Worcester.... Never change Original Italian décor and food... Love this place

Mediterranean/ Armenian/Lebanese/Greek
Anyplace on Mt. Auburn St. in Watertown....
Elbasha, Worcester... Going on 20 years there..
Shiraz, Worcester.. Newer, but very good.

I'm hungry now.... Gotta go eat:D Hope this helps... I know the folks up there won't let you go hungry..... I'm sure they will chime in with their "spots".... Enjoy:beer:

SC Cheesehead
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM
I dunno,checked and no TKs near Boston...:(------->:shake:

PonyUP
05-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Great info fellas, this city is filled with so much and no shortage of car events, seems like a great city

PonyUP
05-29-2013, 06:15 PM
I dunno,checked and no TKs near Boston...:(------->:shake:

Umm franchise opportunity, coupled with harassment lawsuit, win/win

Shaijack
05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Eric you say that because you have never had my Cajun Hot Sausage. PonyUp and Rex have. haha

maineiac
05-29-2013, 06:43 PM
If he goes to new biege he will be hooked on portuguese sausage!
www.gasparssausage.com

Mr. Man
05-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Eric you say that because you have never had my Cajun Hot Sausage. PonyUp and Rex have. haha
I'm more of a Hot Pocket kinda guy :D

PonyUP
05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
If he goes to new biege he will be hooked on portuguese sausage!
www.gasparssausage.com

Yeah, I like all sausage. I'm an equal opportunity consumer

Mr. Man
05-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I like all sausage. I'm an equal opportunity consumer

The Ice Bucket Approves of this messageThen your going to love Mass. Only Cal and NY have more sausagefests per year........:D

Guittard22
05-30-2013, 02:37 AM

I am just reading this now and saying to myself OMG:eek: Maybe it's a sign from the Marauder Gods that work sent you this way. ...Still in shock that the 1st member on this site to bust my balls with a sledgehammer lol Well Let me say Welcome to Mass were people love there dirty water :)

Now you're close to Guittard! Lmao!!! :lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^
HE STILL HAS TO PAY UP ON HIS BET :beer:

jerrym3
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Boston and New England, but.............

The weather in San Diego is fantastic.

I was coming home from San Diego on a business trip. It was a Saturday morning, people were heading down to the beach. Sun was shining. Temp was in the low 70's.

I got off the plane in Newark and it was in the low teens.

I felt like getting a ticket and flying back.

beantown mm
05-30-2013, 09:53 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYiZ1EZFGBR Jt1CaoJSI3cMJUZxrHwkQH6KORAlgr 0as5Bkd6g

PonyUP
05-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Then your going to love Mass. Only Cal and NY have more sausagefests per year........:D

Joe and Casey are in Illinois and Virginia, hence those two states leading the way in sausage festivities

PonyUP
05-30-2013, 10:54 AM
I am just reading this now and saying to myself OMG:eek: Maybe it's a sign from the Marauder Gods that work sent you this way. ...Still in shock that the 1st member on this site to bust my balls with a sledgehammer lol Well Let me say Welcome to Mass were people love there dirty water :)

^^^^^^^^^^^
HE STILL HAS TO PAY UP ON HIS BET :beer:

Yup, we'll have to get together for a beer

PonyUP
05-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Boston and New England, but.............

The weather in San Diego is fantastic.

I was coming home from San Diego on a business trip. It was a Saturday morning, people were heading down to the beach. Sun was shining. Temp was in the low 70's.

I got off the plane in Newark and it was in the low teens.

I felt like getting a ticket and flying back.

Yup, lived there for four years, never once turned on my heat or air conditioning. San Diego is great weather-wise, but that's about it

Guittard22
05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
^^^^^^
If you can swing it there will be a black and a Dtr going to this show before the Nh meet :) maybe you could come we need a blue and silver .

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87329

GAMike
05-30-2013, 11:15 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYiZ1EZFGBR Jt1CaoJSI3cMJUZxrHwkQH6KORAlgr 0as5Bkd6g

Love it! Gonna be hard for the Pony in this respect... Unless the Blackhawks and the Bruins go at it for the Stanley Cup and the Blackhawks win.....

But that's such a longshot:P

RF Overlord
05-30-2013, 11:49 AM
All he needs to know is when at a Sox game he needs to yell out Red Sox suck, Yankees are #1!!!

:banned:

Oh yeah great Chowder is tomato based and doesn't leave you feeling like you need to rinse your mouth out with gas to get rid of the milky scuzz leavins'

Double :banned:

bill64
05-30-2013, 01:22 PM
you are gonna love the rotaries and no use of signal lights but they do love the middle finger and horn.
:lol: this is where massachusetts drivers earned the reputation "mass holes" !

Guittard22
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
You going to try and swing the Nh meet ?

PonyUP
06-08-2013, 02:48 PM
You going to try and swing the Nh meet ?

Gonna try, may not be able to make it until Friday night. Starting with a new company, I don't have nearly as much vacation time, I have a wedding to go to and the holidays, so time off is pretty tight

slickster
06-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Take care brad we will miss you. You coming to mv right?

Marauder_Santa
06-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Are you all moved out of GA?

IwantmyMMnow!
06-17-2013, 06:07 PM

Call the TK in Suwanee...they should know.

SC Cheesehead
06-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Call the TK in Suwanee...they should know.

I heard they laid off half their staff, and cut back 75% on their monthly supply of Cap'n...

IwantmyMMnow!
06-17-2013, 07:04 PM
I heard they laid off half their staff, and cut back 75% on their monthly supply of Cap'n...

I heard 95%....did ya notice Seagram's stock price dropped $8 today? Half their staff? That's like, over 9,000!

SC Cheesehead
06-17-2013, 07:05 PM
I heard 95%....did ya notice Seagram's stock price dropped $2 today?

Yeah, Good thing I sold last week... ;)

PonyUP
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM

Not yet, just got back from Orlando for work Saturday night, I'll be here through the 30th, then headed to bean town

jsignorelli
06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
If you get to Legal Seafood, ask for the wine list. Don't order anything from it unless you have hit the MegaBall. I worked for Pepsi, and our wine division is in Boston.

One night, the VP of the wine division ordered the wines for our table of eight scientists......... $ 1800 later, we were licking the corks. The VP has an unlimited travel account so he went all out. The wine list is a hard bound book with the history of the winery, the weather report for that year of the harvest used to make that bottle, and the number of bottles from that crop.

License2Bill
06-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Soooo this means you're gonna become a Bruins fan right?

PonyUP
06-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Soooo this means you're gonna become a Bruins fan right?

Ahhh no, I'm from Chicago

GO HAWKS

PonyUP
06-17-2013, 08:33 PM
If you get to Legal Seafood, ask for the wine list. Don't order anything from it unless you have hit the MegaBall. I worked for Pepsi, and our wine division is in Boston.

One night, the VP of the wine division ordered the wines for our table of eight scientists......... $ 1800 later, we were licking the corks. The VP has an unlimited travel account so he went all out. The wine list is a hard bound book with the history of the winery, the weather report for that year of the harvest used to make that bottle, and the number of bottles from that crop.

Been to legal seafood, and ordered the wine. Well worth it

License2Bill
06-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Aww darn. Figured it was worth a shot. We'll have to go to a game next season

SC Cheesehead
06-18-2013, 03:24 AM
Ahhh no, I'm from Chicago

GO HAWKS

Once a Hawks fan, ALWAYS a Hawks fan. :up:

Guittard22
07-28-2013, 07:14 AM
PonyUP how you like that rain we been having the last few weeks ? lol

71cyclone
07-28-2013, 11:38 AM

Marauder Owners are like Harley Owners ! If you see one you got a FRIEND >>>>!!!:beer: Welcome to New England !!!