PDA

View Full Version : New Car Dealer Auto Show

sailsmen
03-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Attended the New Car Dealer Auto Show.

My observations;

Styling;
Mercury Messenger - liked it, futuristic but not over the top
GTO - disappointed, very similar to Honda Accord Coupe, uninspiring, zero passion
Toyota Scion - cool retro box w/ lots of space for size
BMW 5 and 7 series - they worked hard to make a formerly great looking car "but ugly"
BMW 6 series - sporty and elegant
Crossfire - good looks but very small interior

Major sticker shock at the upscale sport utilities both foreign and domestic.

2003 MIB
03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Was the Crossfire the droptop the magazines have been showing?

Was the GTO "The Judge" showcar (400hp) or the standard version?- I think they are both a little bland...

sailsmen
03-17-2004, 10:34 AM
The Crossfire is the Chrysler coupe w/ the Mercedes V-6, 2 seat sports coupe w/ long hood like the 240Z.

The GTO was the standard version, the interior was nice but the body styling does not do justice to the performance V-8 under the hood. Almost the exact profile of the pervious gen Honda Accord Coupe very slightly stretched. very bland.

2003 MIB
03-17-2004, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=sailsmen]The Crossfire is the Chrysler coupe w/ the Mercedes V-6, 2 seat sports coupe w/ long hood like the 240Z.
QUOTE]

..and the rear end of an AMC Marlin.

Sactown
03-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Attended the New Car Dealer Auto Show. My observations;
Styling; BMW 5 and 7 series - they worked hard to make a formerly great looking car "but ugly"

Couldn't agree with you more. I looked at these as an option instead of the MM, and couldn't get past the looks. They drove OK, but just so darn ugly! Plus that joystick thing is really lame.

2003 MIB
03-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Plus that joystick thing is really lame.
What joystick thing? The iDrive?:confused:

rookie1
03-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Attended the New Car Dealer Auto Show.

My observations;

Styling;
BMW 5 and 7 series - they worked hard to make a formerly great looking car "but ugly"

Major sticker shock at the upscale sport utilities both foreign and domestic.
I believe that would be "butt ugly"