PDA

View Full Version : Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire

REAL4WD
06-06-2013, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDziWcKQxr8

Please go and watch this movie when it comes out!

Dead Patriot Films presents “Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire,” a documentary that brings audiences to the center of the controversy over the issue that is dividing our nation – gun control. Narrated by Ice-T, a critically acclaimed rapper and actor, the film takes a critical look at current gun laws and the rising movement to restrict the rights guaranteed by our Second Amendment.

With the original intention of empowering a citizenry’s ability to defend themselves against a corrupt or tyrannical government, the concept today may seem farfetched or the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster. However, it has happened throughout U.S. history. And long before gun control was positioned as a “common sense measure” to combat violence, it was used as a means to oppress certain minority groups. Presently, the growing trend in gun control favors the wealthy and privileged, who leverage their connections to ensure their Second Amendment rights and safety, while those of lesser means struggle.

Informative and emotionally charged, “Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire” is an eye-opening look at the genesis of the Second Amendment to the Constitution, leading the audience to rethink the issues surrounding gun control, and the effect on civil rights and liberty.

After all, what you don’t know can kill you.

guspech750
06-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Looks good.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Haggis
06-07-2013, 04:25 AM
They forgot to mentioned that Ice-T was also a gang-banger and member of the Crips.

GAMike
06-07-2013, 04:54 AM
I am all for the rights of law abiding citizens to bear arms. I do like how the "Ice T" we see of late seems more mature than the gang banger then rapper/actor of the late 80's.

I just cannot take him as a credible defender of 2nd amendment rights for anyone. In certain parts of our country, has there been oppressive measures taken to deal with situations involving specific demographic groups? Yes absolutely...

Were all of them warranted? Have to take ea. one on its own merit........

Are their communities where certain demographic groups get "consideration" from law enforcement, while others are assumed to be criminals even today? Absolutely..... The question then is how can the scales become balanced for everyone.... As it should have been in the first place? Through better trained officers, community cooperation and mutual respect between the community and law enforcement, and community pride where people look out for ea. other and keep up their property, keep their streets clean of gang activity, vice and vandalism. These are subtle ways of communicating value back to all who work/live in the community and it works....... Over time..... It won't be an overnight thing.

We see it here in Atlanta.... It used to be every black guy out at night in a nice car was pulled over and harassed (Mac has stories about that). Today, law enforcement cannot make the assumptions they used to make.... Atlanta has changed. It has to keep moving in this direction yes, but it has changed. We also have less restrictive gun laws than in most other states. Yes, we do have our share of gun violence, but most of it comes from folks without permits. In many instances these people cannot get a permit due to criminal history.... Would they try to obtain a permit if said criminal history was not a barrier???? This is a huge question in my mind...

If a person is living in a dilapidated house with grass Four feet high and junk strewn all over the yard (with code enforcement notices coming monthly to the home), do you really think they are gonna run right down to a govt. building and register their firearms with photos and fingerprints? I know in all honesty it wouldn't be a high priority for me.... Maybe just maybe President Obama being in office, helps these folks see Govt. differently..... That's not a bad thing if it pulls through the evolution of improving communities that have existed in squalor and crime for decades.

Martin Luther King's childhood neighborhood used to be a dump here in Altanta. All around the King Center there were prostitutes, drugs and associated violence. Today the homes of Mt. Auburn St. are restored and beautiful. The neighborhood makeup is still pretty much what it always has been. I doubt the people living there would stand for illegal activity on their streets now, or mistreatment by law enforcement.

Ice T is a rare person to see both sides and rise up, but given his history, his objectivity on this subject? I don't know...... I do know change starts with an individual...