PDA

View Full Version : 32 Days

cruzer
03-17-2004, 08:12 PM
I was out today and thought about all you snowbirds up north when I saw these snow-white pear trees ---ahhhhhhh ---Spring iis here in Texas---eat your hearts out :rock: :rock: :rock: Maury
First picture------Feb. 14,2004
Second picture---Mar. 17, 2004

woaface
03-17-2004, 08:19 PM
That's the coolest thing to start of the new year for me! They're all over! WHOOO!

CRUZTAKER
03-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah but the speed limit is STILL 30! :lol:

Bigdogjim
03-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Enjoy it:)

I happen to like the snow:)

Although sometimes it sucks:lol:

Ross
03-18-2004, 08:07 AM
Yep, the bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush are in bloom down here. Spring has sprung in Texas!

Bobby Clobber
03-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Enjoy guys,

Up here in Nova Scotia, we just got another "dusting" of 6" to add to the 39" ( yeah , you read that right ) we got about a month ago , but the temp is up(?) to a balmy 28 d .

Had the MM out about a week ago in between the snow , ran for about an hour , washed her up and put back to bed.

I've still got 5ft. drifts in my yard,and they're not leaves.

woaface
03-18-2004, 08:43 AM
MOVE!!! It's just fun! Us and two relatives came down here and never turned back...it's cheaper too (or here at least)

Haggis
03-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Bobby you poor soul. :lol: Sounds like when I lived in upstate Vermont, We had snow on the ground from October to April and never less then 3 ft. I remember the whole month of December the temp. never went above 32*F. That's why I moved further south, sometimes not far enough. Hope you get spring soon. By the way did you ever get to order those polished pedals?? Take care from the state of Maryland were we are in the balmy 40*F today.

Bobby Clobber
03-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Haven't ordered yet, some issue about whether the pedals will pass our Prov M.V.I. process.I will know soon.

TripleTransAm
03-18-2004, 11:59 AM
No significant accumulation this morning, but we did have a light dusting. It's well below freezing today (will warm up tomorrow) such that I do not feel like going outside anytime soon to revive my MM. I'm on antibiotics following what probably would have degenerated into a pneumonia (caught it in time, a side effect of living with bum lungs to the point where you anticipate their behaviour) and I've now caught my wife's cold.

What a heck of a past 3 weeks it's been (for those who followed my son's odyssey: pneumonia, followed by some gastro thing (caught at hospital) followed by Fifth Disease (also caught at hospital) and then a common cold).

Lighter side: I get some sick time off allowing me to do the occasional drive-by on the lot where construction is proceeding on my new home.

cruzer
03-18-2004, 10:15 PM
I've been there, done that with the snow thing--lived 21 years in Levittown--HAD to get to the 3 metro airports regardless of weather---they plowed the runways and then expected us to report to duty thru 3 ft of snow--I had my belly-full and moved to Fort Worth 27 years ago..it's beautiful to look at , but I don't want anymore ;) ;) Spring is right around the corner, maury

cruzer
03-20-2004, 09:10 PM
With today being the first day of Spring, I thought I would pass this on:
"SPRANG"
Sprang is sprung,
Thu grass is riz,
It's unner thu snow,
Dat's whur it is .
:stupid:

Mowed the lawn, planted the begonias, and put down weed killer this week---oak trees budding and Spring flowers in full bloom. I love it...Oh yes , severe thunderstorms tonite --you can't have it all.

Donny Carlson
03-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Yep, the bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush are in bloom down here. Spring has sprung in Texas!
When I lived there I LOVED seeing bluebonnets in bloom along the I-10 corridor between Houston and Orange.

You remeber the story about the first grade class somewhere that wrote to all the US Govenors asking them to send them seeds of their state flowers? This was back when Dolph Briscoe was gov, I think. I recall reading a story that Briscoe wrote them back and said "sorry kids, I can't send you the seeds" even though the highway department in Texas spent thousands of dollars seeding the road sides with bluebonnet seeds each year. Ah, Dolph, what a guy.