PDA

View Full Version : Im SO sick of idiot drivers

cvpiftw
06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Some idiot ran a yeild sign as i was goin down the street. Hit him at around 25 or so MPH. HE supposedly was drunk too.... this sucks.

BTW airbag burns HURT

This is his car...
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/cvpiftw/2013-06-09201049.jpg
mine:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/cvpiftw/2013-06-09200643.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/cvpiftw/2013-06-09194434.jpg

The other driver had ribs fractured and a busted hand... I have knee issues and shoulder issues but nothing broken so far and some burns on my skull hands and stoumach from the airbag and a fractured rib. I walked away from the accident for the most part... he did not. For the hit.. im thankful. I can truly say honda builds a pretty damn tough product for the hit... and it was a HARD hit. 25mph without ANY time to stop. Now i hope the ins. co totals my car out because i cant stand aftermarket parts. The headlights are 500 a pop and parts are pretty damn high for my car OEM... so we can hope. The buick without a doubt is a writeoff with the A pillar relocated a few more inches into the car.

BTW.. my seatbelt pretensioner didnt fire and i had my belt on but my bag went off... WTF....

I seriously think i have the worst luck in the world

Bluerauder
06-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Some idiot ran a yeild sign as i was goin down the street. Hit him at around 25 or so MPH. HE supposedly was drunk too.... this sucks.

I guess that you were driving the Acura and the idiot was in the Buick. :dunno:

From the looks of that intersection, I can't figure out why that is not a "STOP" sign instead of a "YIELD" in what looks to be a residential neighborhood. Think that if I lived in that area and used that road frequently, I'd be lobbying the Department of Transportation or your county government to put a "STOP" their .... maybe even a 4-way STOP. With a YIELD, its just more accidents waiting to happen. No doubt you have seen "close calls" at that location before. Think that I would be extra cautious at that spot.

50% of today's drivers have no clue of what YIELD really means and another 40% think that it only applies to the guy in the other lane. 10% Get It.

yjmud
06-11-2013, 08:26 AM
by the looks of the accident photos looks like you were not paying attention as well (JMO)
by the way yield signs are great but no one teaches what they actually mean most small neighborhood streets only need yield signs

DOOM
06-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Glad you weren't hurt!

cvpiftw
06-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I was paying attention and i looked both ways but didnt see him till the last moment cause of the speed he was traveling.... And i tried to turn but didnt have enough time....

Motorhead350
06-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Your car totaled?

That's the joke of the morning.

Glad you are kinda ok.

CBT
06-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Holy crap, that looks like Amy's folks neighborhood in Orland Park.

MyBlackBeasts
06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
I seriously think i have the worst luck in the world

No. If this were true you would be dead. :depress:

Bent sheet metal can be repaired/replaced.

Just be thankful it was only a Honda & not a MM! Try getting a front bumper cover now! :eek:

Glad you are ok.

Shaijack
06-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Had a nut pull in front of me yesterday. Slamed on brakes. Was delivering a cake for the bakery. Cake hit the floor. I pulled up next to her and the rest of the cake hit her windshield. Hope she likes cake. I felt better.

lji372
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
glad your okay

dibs on mats!!!

Krytin
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Had a nut pull in front of me yesterday. Slamed on brakes. Was delivering a cake for the bakery. Cake hit the floor. I pulled up next to her and the rest of the cake hit her windshield. Hope she likes cake. I felt better.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWAq9OfdaSF SH38bPpHc9O0tYOXNO76QxJDmDefLF n4NmB-CMxgg

"I just wanna lick the Bride!"

L.Mark
06-13-2013, 02:52 PM

Awesome...always wanted to do that, but never had anything in the car worth losing...

L.Mark
06-13-2013, 02:53 PM
HE supposedly was drunk too.... this sucks.

Does that mean you were drinking...;):D

jerrym3
06-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Few months ago, I had a car go right through a STOP sign and cross right in front of my 94 TBird.

I have never seen anybody so oblivious of a stop sign.

I backed up, chased the idiot, and it turned out to be a little old lady.

I just passed her and kept going.

It was a "lose/lose" situation.

wickedmerc
06-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Glad you're OK. People are inherently dumb, I've learned this. I'll respectfully disagree with your contention that you have the "worst luck". I can think of several alternate outcomes to that accident where you'd wish you got as lucky as you did.

I gotta say I'm impressed with the amount of damage NOT on your Acura given the damage you did to the Buick.