PDA

View Full Version : Anybody attending the Woodward dream cruise?

lji372
06-12-2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Curless
06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I will be there with two cars. Me and the wife, always come over with another couple for the cruise....

MOTOWN
06-13-2013, 04:23 AM
If Jerry and Curless are going count me in for a hell of a time ill be there!

Mebot
06-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Last time i was at Woodward was in '06. I had just bought my Marauder in May and was ecstatic to meet up with the Motor City Marauders in the burger king parking lot.

I've been wanting to come back to Michigan ever since, but life has a way interfering.

Can't make it this year but hope you have fun.

I know they outlawed burnouts during the cruise. Back in '00 and '01 we'd stand on the sidewalk with cups of water and throw 'em down on the street. Cars would come up and start smoking their tires! It was awesome but I guess it got out of hand or someone got hurt. Didn't see it as much in 06. Every time someone burned out, there were cops nearby who would run over and ticket.

Anyways have fun!

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away..

lji372
06-13-2013, 05:10 AM
I used to go to NASCAR on cruise weekend. Actually I have never once gone to the cruise.
I was one of the who drove Woodward on the nights leading up to the cruise. There are so many people and cars I just ran away on Saturdays. But now that I'm a marauder I won't run :laugh:

Hey Ryan, do/did they ticket for public drinking?

Mebot
06-13-2013, 05:14 AM
I don't recall seeing anyone getting ticketed for that. But just be smart. Use a nalgene bottle or some solo cups
:D

Shaijack
06-13-2013, 11:50 AM
If Jerry goes I will not be there.. HAHA Maybe next year Jerry.

Shaijack
06-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Looks like a fun time.

lji372
06-13-2013, 12:01 PM
If Jerry goes I will not be there.. HAHA Maybe next year Jerry.

i heard that once before.:tongue:

and you still owe me a beer:beer:

i'm like herpes, i'll go away but you'll never get rid of me:cry:

:D

myrodr
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
I will drive up and make a few passes with my son.This time he can drive so I can check out the cars

Spectragod
06-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Last time i was at Woodward was in '06. I had just bought my Marauder in May and was ecstatic to meet up with the Motor City Marauders in the burger king parking lot.

I've been wanting to come back to Michigan ever since, but life has a way interfering.

Can't make it this year but hope you have fun.

I know they outlawed burnouts during the cruise. Back in '00 and '01 we'd stand on the sidewalk with cups of water and throw 'em down on the street. Cars would come up and start smoking their tires! It was awesome but I guess it got out of hand or someone got hurt. Didn't see it as much in 06. Every time someone burned out, there were cops nearby who would run over and ticket.

Anyways have fun!

I'm confused....... you need water for burnouts??:confused: I must be doing it wrong. :burnout: :D

MyTMerc
06-13-2013, 06:57 PM
We'll be there. We go every year... put checks in the block for a family visit and awesome car event. I usually go to the cruise on Friday. Plenty of cars and you can still find a parking spot near 12-14 mile relatively close to the BK.

By coincidence, I just recieved a text from my wife. She just crossed into Michigan for a week visit with our daughter and new grandbaby. Sent me a picture of the pure Michigan sign on I-75.

lji372
06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
We'll be there. We go every year... put checks in the block for a family visit and awesome car event. I usually go to the cruise on Friday. Plenty of cars and you can still find a parking spot near 12-14 mile relatively close to the BK.

By coincidence, I just recieved a text from my wife. She just crossed into Michigan for a week visit with our daughter and new grandbaby. Sent me a picture of the pure Michigan sign on I-75.

Tell her to put down the camera and start dodging the pot holes:lol:

Davesvt2000
06-14-2013, 02:46 PM
I've been at least 8 times, a 12 hour ride each way.

Amazing the things you see while you're there, and every year is something different.

Then you add in the Henry Ford museum, the F150 plant tour, the Mustang plant tour, Miller's bar (best cheeseburgers EVER) etc., there is plenty to see and do for almost a week, which is usually the amount of time I'm there for.

Guittard22
06-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Wish I was close I would tag along :)

lji372
06-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Wish I was close I would tag along :)

A. We already have a tagalong, hi tagalong:wave:
B. just fly in, I'll pick you up

Shaijack
06-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Jerry, the gift that keeps on giving.
I was going to buy you a beer but you were never sober enough to drink it. LOL

Marauderman
06-14-2013, 06:06 PM
The only thing I do not like about that Woodward thing is it seems to force any Marauderville into the next month---why---anyone who has ever been to a Woodward and not a MV would more likely choose the MV--right! --after all--cars on a street over and over --each year--vs a MV which is different and in a different place--Whooo ! Not a choosing problem to me!!

It just doesn't makes sense---since most MV are hundreds and hundreds of miles apart from each other and Woodward---for the most part---oh well....the Aug MV --well --it allows for more kids to join you for one--not to say many other attractions that may be offered not otherwise in the following month----------....

Just saying............notice all MV are in Sept.........and kids are in school..Phoo

lji372
06-14-2013, 06:51 PM
So I'll put you down for not attending.

Marauderman
06-15-2013, 05:05 AM
Woodward is great --was just saying it shouldn't cause any conflict--IF---a MV was schedules same time period----I know that was not what the thread was referring too---so back on track--no --cannot make it this year due to wifes medical problems .....but would like to check that off the list for sure one day....