PDA

View Full Version : Get a haircut...

IwantmyMMnow!
06-24-2013, 10:22 AM
So, I've only had my hair cut once since I retired 18 months ago, and that was a year ago and just a 'trim'. It's summer again, and I don't like how hot it feels, so I'm gonna get it cut soon. Unfortunately, I do have a bald spot that's been getting bigger over the past couple of years; thinking of just getting it all shaved off....not really, but if I did, at least I could blast this song 24/7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x0DhBEmaBs

:D

Haggis
06-24-2013, 10:25 AM
What is the song, cannot open you-tube at work, "Fat Bottom Girls"?

Ms. Denmark
06-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Haircut or shaved....it's all good as long as you're cool and happy. :beer:

Mr. Man
06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Aggghh after listening to that bleck I'm trying to stuff my hair into my ears. :puke:

Kyle I can see you sporting a flat top. :)

SC Cheesehead
06-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Aggghh after listening to that bleck I'm trying to stuff my hair into my ears. :puke:

Kyle I can see you sporting a flat top. :)

I'm thinking this could be a good look or him...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwRhiUGjkZw twp7cithW43Lu6uNqL0xGQufZOoKF_-ZoU-TtPuXE2QNCCaAQ

Mebot
06-24-2013, 11:55 AM
And the sign says long hair freaky people need not apply

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away..

Ms. Denmark
06-24-2013, 12:10 PM
So I tucked my hair up under my hat...and went to ask him why

SC Cheesehead
06-24-2013, 12:10 PM
So I tucked all my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why...

License2Bill
06-24-2013, 12:27 PM
I thought the link was gonna be to a George Thorogood performance.

SC Cheesehead
06-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna get it shaved off...and then I'm blast THIS song 24/7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk

Fixed!!

:banana:

Mr. Man
06-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Fixed!!

:banana:
A Dr. Demento song FTMFW :bows:

Bluerauder
06-24-2013, 04:24 PM
So, I've only had my hair cut once since I retired 18 months ago, and that was a year ago and just a 'trim'.

Air Force guys :shake: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I do have a bald spot that's been getting bigger over the past couple of years; thinking of just getting it all shaved off....

Put a "Type R" sticker up there or one from Carlisle. Good for up to 10 RWHP. :lol:

IwantmyMMnow!
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
You guys are so funny....:lol:

I started going through my CDs (about 600) last week and came across this one. Reminded me of when I used to blast this CD on my 1000 watt stereo system 20 years ago while cruisin...and when I had hair....and 100% hearing.

Mebot--Funny you brought that lyric up; listened to my Fatboy Slim Palookaville CD over the weekend. (Yes, I know he didn't write the song, but he uses a sample from it on this CD).

Eric--I did sport a flat top during my younger days...can't pull it off now because I have enough forehead to be a fivehead.

Charlie--Took it off my car Saturday...I don't think it would be big enough, anyways...

Mr. Man
06-24-2013, 06:11 PM
You guys are so funny....:lol:

I started going through my CDs (about 600) last week and came across this one. Reminded me of when I used to blast this CD on my 1000 watt stereo system 20 years ago while cruisin...and when I had hair....and 100% hearing.

Mebot--Funny you brought that lyric up; listened to my Fatboy Slim Palookaville CD over the weekend. (Yes, I know he didn't write the song, but he uses a sample from it on this CD).

Eric--I did sport a flat top during my younger days...can't pull it off now because I have enough forehead to be a fivehead.

Charlie--Took it off my car Saturday...I don't think it would be big enough, anyways...
Maybe if you use "product" :lol:

cat in the hat
06-24-2013, 07:12 PM
The less hair you have, the shorter you should wear it IMO. Also, it is less maintenance than shaved - I don't even feel like shaving my face half the time, much less my whole head. ;) It will just take a while to get used to the look.

IwantmyMMnow!
06-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Well, I just decided to let it grow to see how it would look; it's been nice not to have to worry about getting my hair cut the past 18 months. I didn't think about the 'heat' factor, and am not really excited about how I look with long hair; just wanted to see how I would look since I've had short hair my whole life.

I'm thinking about spending a little extra and going to a hair stylist to see what we can come up with...don't want to advertise my balding to the rest of the world just yet...

RF Overlord
06-24-2013, 08:51 PM
This is me after I shaved my head:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/picard3000.jpg

MyBlackBeasts
06-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Fixed!! :banana:

Hahahaha! Too funny! This is hilarious! Pay attention to the pics they use, some are funny use of current event/Michael Jackson, etc.

Good job Rex!

Mr. Man
06-24-2013, 09:46 PM

You still look like a dork :P:D

Marauderjack
06-25-2013, 04:40 AM

"Baby Head"!!:eek:

Spectragod
06-25-2013, 04:41 AM
So, I've only had my hair cut once since I retired 18 months ago, and that was a year ago and just a 'trim'. It's summer again, and I don't like how hot it feels, so I'm gonna get it cut soon. Unfortunately, I do have a bald spot that's been getting bigger over the past couple of years; thinking of just getting it all shaved off....not really, but if I did, at least I could blast this song 24/7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x0DhBEmaBs

Or...... you could get some gold, and blast this one......:P

NK2FqPNIT_U

J-MAN
06-25-2013, 06:03 AM
Or...... you could get some gold, and blast this one......:P

NK2FqPNIT_U

A bit surprised at your musical(?)tastes. No Lawrence Welk? And a one and a two....

SC Cheesehead
06-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Well, I just decided to let it grow to see how it would look; it's been nice not to have to worry about getting my hair cut the past 18 months. I didn't think about the 'heat' factor, and am not really excited about how I look with long hair; just wanted to see how I would look since I've had short hair my whole life.

I'm thinking about spending a little extra and going to a hair stylist to see what we can come up with...don't want to advertise my balding to the rest of the world just yet...

http://www.myfacemybody.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/big-hair.jpg

Spectragod
06-25-2013, 09:28 AM
A bit surprised at your musical(?)tastes. No Lawrence Welk? And a one and a two....

Stumbled across that during the gold Camaro video, thought it was hysterically funny, it's hard to believe people can make money doing that crap.:shake: But is is some funny stuff, mostly because people look up to goofs like this.:eek:

This is the Camaro video in question...........

QcuM0R5u0XY

Ozark Marauder
06-25-2013, 09:50 AM
it's kinda funny...when I was 19, my hair started to turn gray, got a lot of kidding from friends. "Old Man, You need some Grecian formula." Always kept my hair about an inch long all over. They were all growing long locks of shoulder length long hair.

At 23, my hairline started to recede, totally gray, got all kinds of kidding from friends. "Man, you need some of that Clairol for Men."

At 34 hair started turning silver, hairline stopped receding. Kidding from friends, referring to me as "Silverbird". They were all growing mullets and beards, getting curly perms.

At 45, hair started turning white. Friends hair started falling out, funny, no more kidding from friends.

At 55, started to thin in the back. No kidding from my friends with their comb overs, and their complete bald tops. Bottles of Rogaine, propecia, special hair loss products in their bathroom shower. Why are all my friends wearing ball caps now?

Now at 60, I grew my hair out to two inches all over.

Fresh from a haircut, back to an inch all over, was at a Memorial Day BBQ with my old friends, when all the photo albums came out. All the wives said, Wow, you really haven't changed that much since college.

Now kidding all my old friends, who always wear ball caps now. As I tell them, "ya know wearing a cap all the time will make you go bald."

OZ

jerrym3
06-25-2013, 09:52 AM
I go back to the greaser days of the 50's with DA hairstyles. Made my folks go bananas. (Comb sticking out of the back pocket, black slacks, shades, carrying around an extremely small "AM only" radio, etc.)

I grew a mustache in the early 80's, but never a beard.

Now that I'm retired, I grew a beard, not a full one, but one from the sideburns down and around.

It was easier shaving every day than trimming this damn beard!

Mebot
06-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Mebot--Funny you brought that lyric up; listened to my Fatboy Slim Palookaville CD over the weekend. (Yes, I know he didn't write the song, but he uses a sample from it on this CD)..

Nice FBS reference! I didn't think anyone on this board knows about him

L.Mark
06-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Heard of him, thats about all...:dunno: