PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a reputable auto shipping company?

LeviEA
06-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Greetings,
I am in search for a reputable auto shipper. The last time I went through this, it became a hassle dealing with the "middle man", so I'm hoping you guys may have some suggestions. Thank-you!

lji372
06-28-2013, 08:08 AM
this is the place i used. i was VERY happy with his service. from florida to michigan. fully enclosed trailer $1200

SAMPLE'S TRANSPORT SERVICE
5941 SOUTH RIDGE WEST
MADISON, OH 44057
USDOT: 1858440 (http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp?searchtype=ANY&query_type=queryCarrierSnapsho t&query_param=USDOT&query_string=1858440&Go.x=13&Go.y=8)
MCS-150 Date: 1-May-2009 MCS-150 Mileage: 20,000 MCS-150 Mileage Year: 2009 Total Trucks: 1 Power Units: 1 Trucks Owned: 1 Trailer Owned: 1 Total Drivers: 1
Sample's Transport Service is Carrier http://www.quicktransportsolutions.co m/images/phone.gif 216-870-7939

RubberCtyRauder
06-28-2013, 08:17 AM
If it is a high end car:
Reliable Carriers
InterCity Lines
Passport Transport

All 3 of these are heavily used for mecum Auctions, Barret Jackson, pebble beach show etc.

Also contact Marty O from Mo's Speed shop..A member here and a vendoras well, he uses someone and has good experience with them.

Mebot
06-28-2013, 11:47 AM
SAMPLE'S TRANSPORT SERVICE

Ha! wonder if it's one of my relatives :P

Davesvt2000
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I've used Intercity Lines twice, and was completely satisfied with their service.

Remember, you get what you pay for...

1stMerc
06-28-2013, 04:11 PM
If you use this site maybe we will see it on an episode of Shipping Wars.

http://www.uship.com/?page=brandus&-_uship-ship_exact&gclid=COa-1Zjvh7gCFdFDMgod_SsA8g&alwaysShowCCTA

PonyUP
06-28-2013, 06:08 PM
As you may know, I'm moving to Boston. The auto transport I has booked, flaked on me after taking my 159 deposit. Naturally I'm in a scramble as I'm moving this weekend.
I went with a company called autostar, they booked me with a carrier right away, priced very reasonable and low and behold booked today, Mustang being picked up Monday

I did what was suggested and contacted Marty, and much like talking to yoda, I've never been steered weing

Boost gets you laid

Shaijack
06-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Marty chime on in. The one he recommended and I used was great.

burt ragio
06-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Most car carriers are brokers. As middle men they take no responsibility for damage or timely delivery. Should a claim need to be processed coverage is from the secondary carriers policy policy. Prior to processing they need to be paid in full for their services of transport regardless of damage. Always get a current copy of insurance policy be sure it is current. Take before & after pictures with dates on photos. There is also a walk around check off before & after.

martyo
06-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Marty chime on in. The one he recommended and I used was great.

Although I missed this thread, I PM'd with the OP and gave him my ideas. I have not heard back from him yet.

martyo
06-29-2013, 06:46 PM
As you may know, I'm moving to Boston. The auto transport I has booked, flaked on me after taking my 159 deposit. Naturally I'm in a scramble as I'm moving this weekend.
I went with a company called autostar, they booked me with a carrier right away, priced very reasonable and low and behold booked today, Mustang being picked up Monday

I did what was suggested and contacted Marty, and much like talking to yoda, I've never been steered weing

Boost gets you laid

Brad, I am glad it worked out well. They pulled me out of a pinch when a deal I had was starting to go South (r should I said, wouldn't go south).

PonyUP
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Brad, I am glad it worked out well. They pulled me out of a pinch when a deal I had was starting to go South (r should I said, wouldn't go south).

They really came through bud, booked it Friday morning, signed the contract that afternoon, had a carrier assigned before I even signed the contract and the carrier called me today to pick up tomorrow. Price was perfect and a huge load off my mind

Thanks again bud

Boost gets you laid