PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem......

sflrainmaker01
07-02-2013, 08:04 AM
I have a problem.... It seems that I have turned into a Craigslist junkie. Every time I see a good deal, I am trying to buy another ride! Don't get me wrong, the Marauder is the best car I have bought yet (except for my old 4 spd 1970 Torino GT SCJ that I sold a few years ago). Now, I have found a 1993 Mustang Coupe 5.0 5spd for $2200. Working ac, running driving car with 3.73's, 5 lug conversion, flows and basically stock motor that is a little tired. Paint is decent. However, it is a 4 cyl conversion. Sounds like the perfect car to keep miles down on the Marauder! :thinker:

I wonder if the wife would feel the same.....:argue::P;):rolleyes:

RubberCtyRauder
07-02-2013, 08:27 AM
IMO..$2200 cars end up being cash junkies..You'll spend the money you want on the marauder on it to keep it running..daily drivers need to be a little more reliable then someone elses conversion. personally I wouldn't do it. Better off finding an old couples old CV or Marquis..Florida has to be full of them retirees cars. At least then you know it's a proven platform and they don;t tend to mod them and run them hard.

FW_Linc/Merc
07-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Junkie. I am in Rehab. See my signature I have a harder time selling than buying. I have stopped looking for whole cars and only look for parts to the cars now.

sflrainmaker01
07-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Sometimes you get lucky, though. A year ago a came across a deal on an old 1993 Silverado extended cab. One owner, 88k miles and everything worked... $1800. Cold ac, runs and drives great. Currently, my "give the Marauder a couple days off" vehicle. I am still trying to get the tune right on my 86 vert (in my sig). It's getting very frustrating. I suppose that is the true m.o. Really miss driving the 5 spd....:depress:

sflrainmaker01
07-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Junkie. I am in Rehab. See my signature I have a harder time selling than buying. I have stopped looking for whole cars and only look for parts to the cars now.

I have admired your sig for a while now! In fact, before I bought the Marauder, I was searching all over for a 1990-1992 Mark 7 LSC SE. Those cars are awesome! I always wanted to find one that I could slap a Kenne Bell SC on it. The would be a very cool sleeper.....:burnout:

Mebot
07-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I have a problem....

From the title of your thread I was expecting the only prescription to be more cowbell