PDA

View Full Version : Question on Baseball Etiquette

Bluerauder
07-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Are you allowed to mix uniform items from the same League and Division? ;)

Apparently my grandson is conflicted on which team to support. Here he is at the Norfolk Tides game on Sunday, 30 June 2013. The Tides are the Triple A International league affiliate of the "Orioles". Not sure where he picked up the "Yankee" status. Not from me OR his Dad.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Charlie_at_the_Tides_Game_0630 2013.jpg

Joe Walsh
07-03-2013, 03:41 PM
NO!!!

Charlie, would ya' get that nasty looking jersey off of the poor kid!!!

I bet that his head was happy and his body sad, earlier this week when the O's swept the Skankees!

Ms. Denmark
07-03-2013, 03:43 PM
He's obviously a very smart young man being a Yankee's fan so stop conflicting him by making him root for the Blows :P:D

WhatsUpDOHC
07-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I understand the conflict but a kid who is interested in baseball can do anything that he (in this case) wants.

Buy him a load of souvenirs and junk food and enjoy being a kid again (albeit with $$) with him.

lji372
07-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Mailman a Yankee fan? :dunno:

guspech750
07-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Burn the hat and shirt ASAP!!

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Bluerauder
07-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Burn the hat and shirt ASAP!!

Spoken like a true White Sox fan. Guess you have learned to hate both of those team colors when they come to town. ;)

yjmud
07-03-2013, 05:41 PM
not spoken like a true Sox fan a true Sox fan would jumpthe fence and beat up third base coach

guspech750
07-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Spoken like a true White Sox fan. Guess you have learned to hate both of those team colors when they come to town. ;)

LOL. Yes. I'm ready to burn my Sox jerseys this season. :(

So depressing. :(

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Bluerauder
07-03-2013, 06:03 PM
He's obviously a very smart young man being a Yankee's fan so stop conflicting him by making him root for the Blows :P:D

I have always been an Orioles fan. Growing up in Baltimore only 3 blocks from the stadium, I guess I didn't have much of a choice. ;) You just get use to the Black and Orange and White after awhile.

To be honest, I think I've always liked the NY Yankees at least a little except when they were in town to beat the Orioles which happened a lot in the late 50s and 60s. They WERE the team to beat.

Of course, I got to see some of the legends of NY Yankee fame play when I was just a kid.

I've seen Whitey Ford and Bob Turley pitch. I've been there when Elston Howard was catching.

Watched the infield featuring Clete Boyer, Tony Kubek, Billy Richardson, and Bill Skowron turn many double plays.

And I've seen Yogi Berra catch AND play Left Field, Mickey Mantle in Center and Roger Maris in Right.

It was definitely a good time for a kid to be interested in baseball.

Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Yogi Berra signed my baseball outside the visitors club area as they were boarding the team bus back to New York. They signed my glove too. All very nice guys and always eager to meet their "fans" even if they sat on the Oriole's side of the field.

It was just so easy collecting signatures that we didn't realize how big a deal it was during the 1961 season. Heck, I was only 11. We went home and played with the ball and obscured the signatures in just a couple days. The glove got replaced. No big deal .... Wish I had that stuff now; but we were just kids loving baseball and having fun. :up:

Mebot
07-03-2013, 08:39 PM
What I hate about the Orioles is their need to shout "OOOHHH" during the star spangled banner (o say does that star spangled banner yet wave)

They come to Nationals park and so it there too. So aggravating

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away...

Mr. Man
07-04-2013, 11:30 AM
White Sox fan huh? I didn't realise Chicago still had a baseball team :D