PDA

View Full Version : This 4th of July sucked...

IwantmyMMnow!
07-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Went to my brother's house in GA with my kids; got down there Wed night and was going to stay until Sunday, but came back today.

To try and make a long story short, last night we were discussing what we were going to do today and my brother said we need to be on the road by 9am since we were going to go to a couple places near Chattanooga. I asked why do we need to leave that early, and the discussion/argument evolved into me not being a good parent for my kids.

I was literally ready to beat the shyt out of him and his personal cheerleader (his wife). Needless to say, I and my kids will not be seeing them any time soon.

Hope everyone else had a better 4th....

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Had a great time last night with some friends in Glen Ellyn, drove up to Cheeseheadland this afternoon to spend the rest of the weekend with friends and m folks.

Guittard22
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
That sucks man sorry to hear that .

cat in the hat
07-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I worked from 7:45 am until past midnight, topped off by an hour crawling through bumper-to-bumper traffic from a fireworks show.

And I still had a better day than you did, meh :(

"You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family" - FWIW, I make a conscious effort to maintain a passable relationship with my brother, but that's probably only possible because we only see each other a couple of times a year.

RF Overlord
07-05-2013, 03:19 PM
So you're a bad parent because you didn't want to leave at 0900? My Spidey-Sense is tingling...there must be more to it than just that.

PonyUP
07-05-2013, 04:09 PM
That sucks Kyle, wish I was still in Georgia, we could have salvaged the weekend

Alas I'm in a hotel room waiting for my new place to be ready watching the Sopranos. Currently almost through season two

Probably going to do some city tours tomorrow

Boost gets you laid

bill64
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
sorry to hear that. My 4th was quiet...very quiet. Soon after my parents passed away ( both within the past three years) I had a issue with my older sister about my dealings with the estate and I swore I would never talk to her again... did not last long, love my older sis! hope everything works out well for you!

tbone
07-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I hate my loser dirtbag alcoholic pill popping ahole brother in law.

LOWBUCKMM
07-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I hate my loser dirtbag alcoholic pill popping ahole brother in law.

So tell us how you really feel about him. :D

Shaijack
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
All true, you don't pick brothers/sisters or in laws.
I am so glad that I was an orphan. Did not have to deal with all that crap.
I am happy in my own little world, everyone knows me there.

Pat
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Dear Abby,

I belong to a muscle car web site and usually we talk about things that improve our cars performance, reliability and maintainability. :burnout:

But lately members are delving into personal matters about individual relationships, sexual innuendo's, family crisis and off color jokes.:eek:

This has resulted in hurt feelings, misunderstandings, and too much drama.
:flamer:

This distresses me, so what should I do?:dunno:

Sign me...

Fed up.
[/URL][URL="http://tl3319.deviantart.com/art/silverback-gorilla-2-177824775"] (http://tl3319.deviantart.com/art/silverback-gorilla-2-177824775)
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4778701946094109&pid=15.1

Dear Fed up;

Ignore 'em and feed 'em pomegranates.:lol:

Signed..

Abby

lji372
07-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Dear Abby,

I belong to a muscle car web site and usually we talk about things that improve our cars performance, reliability and maintainability. :burnout:

But lately members are delving into personal matters about individual relationships, sexual innuendo's, family crisis and off color jokes.:eek:

Sign me...

Fed up.
[/URL][URL="http://tl3319.deviantart.com/art/silverback-gorilla-2-177824775"] (http://tl3319.deviantart.com/art/silverback-gorilla-2-177824775)

Dear Fed up;

Go pounce on that marauder and release your frustrations:beer:

Signed..

Abby

*****Fixed******

IwantmyMMnow!
07-05-2013, 05:55 PM
So you're a bad parent because you didn't want to leave at 0900? My Spidey-Sense is tingling...there must be more to it than just that.

There is, just trying to keep the story short or else I would type up a 12-page post.

The ironic thing is, they don't have kids, but they know how everyone else should raise theirs. In fact, my brother specifically said, "and don't tell me just because I don't have kids I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been around kids who's parents let them do whatever they wanted".

I replied, "well, I guess I'm a qualified police officer or college professor because I've been around them".

It was basically a repeat of what happened two summers ago, and I'm done.

sailsmen
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
When I go on vacation w/ my sibling and they take a double dose of their kids ADHD med, which they don't have but get to keep an edge, I am miserable. I am on call 24/7 as it is and vacation is just extra work. As in the work don't stop.
But my children do enjoy it and no one lives for ever. Point is sometimes we make sacriifices for our family knowing they never will for us because we are better than they are. Why else would we do it?
Certainly not because they are better than we are!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk

sailsmen
07-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Pat, find out who is making you rrad these post and who is making you reply to them and wrap them up w/ Gorilla Tape. Save yourself from this horror you are being subjected too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk

PonyUP
07-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread other than smh

I don't get it. Everyone lets the crazy political **** go on all the time, and never say boo

A guy posts up that he had a crappy fourth and this is what we are going to choose to pounce on????????

I just don't get it. So there are movie threads out there, music threads out there, and other stuff. We are about more than the car and should be able to discuss more than the car.

We should avoid polarizing topics like politics. But by what's been written in this thread I guess I shouldn't post that I moved to Boston. Or Rex shouldn't post he is going to spend some time in Wisconsin?

This right here to me anyways, is everything wrong with the site.

We critique when people gave fun, we critique when people make innuendo, and now, lastly, we critique when a member vents about a crappy 4th

Y'all win, let's just post about what we did to our cars today. I'll start

I washed it

Boost gets you laid

Spectragod
07-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread other than smh

I don't get it. Everyone lets the crazy political **** go on all the time, and never say boo

A guy posts up that he had a crappy fourth and this is what we are going to choose to pounce on????????

I just don't get it. So there are movie threads out there, music threads out there, and other stuff. We are about more than the car and should be able to discuss more than the car.

We should avoid polarizing topics like politics. But by what's been written in this thread I guess I shouldn't post that I moved to Boston. Or Rex shouldn't post he is going to spend some time in Wisconsin?

This right here to me anyways, is everything wrong with the site.

We critique when people gave fun, we critique when people make innuendo, and now, lastly, we critique when a member vents about a crappy 4th

Y'all win, let's just post about what we did to our cars today. I'll start

I washed it

Boost gets you laid

I walked out an looked at mine, parked in the garage, waiting for the rain to go away....

CWright
07-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I clay barred my hood, followed up with Project X, then Quick N Slick!

Ladyhawke
07-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Went to my brother's house in GA with my kids; got down there Wed night and was going to stay until Sunday, but came back today.

To try and make a long story short, last night we were discussing what we were going to do today and my brother said we need to be on the road by 9am since we were going to go to a couple places near Chattanooga. I asked why do we need to leave that early, and the discussion/argument evolved into me not being a good parent for my kids.

I was literally ready to beat the shyt out of him and his personal cheerleader (his wife). Needless to say, I and my kids will not be seeing them any time soon.

Hope everyone else had a better 4th....

Hey Kyle, Gordon and I will be your family for now on.

guspech750
07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Rock on Kyle. **** the haters.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Motorhead350
07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Forget the innuendos, I had sex yesterday... with a person. Had a meeting with my bands future manager, ate a ton of food, met some great locals last night and saw fireworks.

Today the Marauder recieved STP treatment and $10 worth of gas... and scared a few hipsters on bikes.

Today was a good day.

GAMike
07-05-2013, 08:35 PM
I feel for ya Kyle.........

I'm disappointed in you Pat.........

I mostly agree with you Brad (I like the political threads :) ).........

I know my opinion ain't worth snooky, but I felt the need. Carry on.....

IwantmyMMnow!
07-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm just following the rules:

The Lounge All OFF-TOPIC, marauder unrelated posts must go here

Those that think my thread is BS or doesn't belong on here, get bent.

guspech750
07-05-2013, 08:40 PM

We are family and families need to vent and talk. We are here for ya Kyle.

Motorhead350
07-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I don't have a problem with your thread.

Sorry I mentioned the Marauder in the off topic area.

BlackOps
07-05-2013, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Motorhead350;1311413]Forget the innuendos, I had sex yesterday... with a person.

What do you usually have sex with.......?

:lol:

PonyUP
07-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Couldn't agree more with you Kyle, it's a damn shame that you vented about something personal and got called out about.

IIRC Pat didn't you just have a thread about your son that didn't involve a Marauder?

Seems like the pot calling the kettle black

Boost gets you laid

beantown mm
07-05-2013, 08:47 PM
i sense some negative ways here, so lets do as Oddball does here..........

Xyh-JpWdGmQ

PonyUP
07-05-2013, 08:50 PM
i sense some negative ways here, so lets do as Oddball does here..........

Xyh-JpWdGmQ

Or we can follow Dooms lead. Personally I think it's a sad day when a member turns to the support of his friends to vent and is welcomed with a dear Abby letter. Sorry, but today I'm not proud to be a member, and as such I'm with Doom.

Boost gets you laid

Motorhead350
07-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Looks like we lost another member?

Geeze guys, handle your stress better.

beantown mm
07-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Or we can follow Dooms lead. Personally I think it's a sad day when a member turns to the support of his friends to vent and is welcomed with a dear Abby letter. Sorry, but today I'm not proud to be a member, and as such I'm with Doom.

Boost gets you laid

I hear you Ponyup, I was just trying to lighten it up a little bit, it's Friday night, weekend is here, you are in Boston, things are good man, things are good. Doom will be back, don't go anywhere man, you and him are 2 that get it on here and can't afford to lose...........

Just gotta let some things roll off, sometimes it's tuff for sure. :beer:

CWright
07-05-2013, 09:17 PM
My bad Kyle on helping with the little hijack of your thread.

I hate you ran into some issues with your family buddy. I hope you guys iron things out!

fastblackmerc
07-06-2013, 02:47 AM
Forget the innuendos, I had sex yesterday... with a person. Had a meeting with my bands future manager, ate a ton of food, met some great locals last night and saw fireworks.

Today the Marauder recieved STP treatment and $10 worth of gas... and scared a few hipsters on bikes.

Today was a good day.

WOW! $10.00 worth of gas! Big spender! That's about 2.5 gallons.....

Sorry to hear about your troubles Kyle...... family does suck sometimes..... I could write a book about ours.

White Knuckles
07-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Kyle, I commend you for getting out there with your kids and enjoying life. I wouldn't dwell too much on a family member........ Or a MM family member that doesn't get that.
You've got the rest of the weekend......hope you and your kids have a great one:up:

jerrym3
07-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Family outlasts our cars (usually). We need to keep our family relations intact.

I have no brothers or sisters, but I do have three bro/sis in laws.

One bro/in/law and I were real close, almost like real brothers.

Then, one day, we had a blowup over my not wanting to put my EZ pass transponder on the inside windshield of my 03 TBird.

That was about two years ago, and while we still get together (birthdays, holidays, etc), it just ain't the same.

We both should have kept our big mouths shut.

tbone
07-06-2013, 08:20 AM
If you don't like looking at the neighbors house, either don't look at it or put up a fence.
And that's all I'm gonna say about that.......

http://freedomandprosperity.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/forrest-gump.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=6IWLVxgO0WyrsM&tbnid=X249VhXtnGnqvM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffreedomandpro sperity.org%2F2011%2Fblog%2Fti m-geithner-the-forrest-gump-of-world-finance%2Fattachment%2Fforrest-gump%2F&ei=3TXYUaTVFur1ygH9uYHgDQ&psig=AFQjCNHn5mC06e7JQ-uygzFITbnQ63DJLg&ust=1373210461412375)

L.Mark
07-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Kyle, thereI commend you for getting out with your kids and enjoying life. I wouldn't dwell too much on a family member........ Or a MM family member that doesn't get that.
You've got the rest of the weekend......hope you and your kids have a great one:up:

+100, so easy to go the other way and be self obsorbed. Until someone wlaks directly in your shoes and is able to MAYBE offer a better way, keep doing what you think is right and you won't go wrong...plus there'll be other 4th of July's to make up for this. Hell you want a good time with no worries, come to louisville next year when we do our fireworks. We won't beat you up...too much...:D:P:D

Roadwarrior
07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your 4th Kyle. All that matters is the love you see & experience from your kids & that you have a lot more supportive group of friends that knows what's going on. Now you can REALLY enjoy the rest of the weekend. :burnout: :burnout:

Motorhead350
07-06-2013, 09:39 PM
WOW! $10.00 worth of gas! Big spender! That's about 2.5 gallons.....

Yes. The car didn't need fuel until I poured the STP in the tank. I figured $10 would be a good mix. I never fill up in this city.

guspech750
07-07-2013, 04:41 PM
This is a few quotes from members in a thread where one of our Marauder friends was having "family issues" and was chastised for venting on a car forum.

Dear Abby,

Sign me...

Fed up.

Dear Fed up;

Ignore 'em and feed 'em pomegranates.:lol:

Signed..

Abby

I read it because I know Kyle but I'm with Pat on this one...(and BTW I know Pat, too).

So I say. What makes this thread any better or worse that Kyles?? Because a dog passed?

WTF is a matter with you people. Kyle vents he's having family problems and he gets shafted.

Ray vents that he lost a close friend and we all hold vigil.

A few screws need to tightened here.

Rant over.

guspech750
07-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Wish I wouldn't have looked at this, Joe, but since you called me out...I make no apologies for sending condolences to a good friend on the loss of his dog. As for Kyle, he is great guy, I really enjoyed spending time with him at Carlisle. He shared some things about his situation with Eric and me and he clearly loves his kids. I'm sorry that he had a bad time over the 4th but I think there is such a thing as TMI on line. That's all I meant. Pat is also being vilified here unjustly. Anyone who knows him, knows that he is the furthest thing from mean spirited. I'm not new here. It's not my intention to go out of my way to hurt people's feelings. I would have thought you knew that.

I'm just asking why Kyle, who I consider a friend is told not to post his personal issues but it's OK for Ray??

That's what I'm questioning.

I'm not hating on anyone. Just seeking answers.

CWright
07-07-2013, 05:59 PM
By know means am I going to condemn what has been said here so far and glad it can be aired out . All I will say is based on this below, I don't see that Kyle or Ray violated any rules. Freedom to post is in the OP hands as long as it's not violating the rules. If I see a topic I don't like or don't agree with I just don't say a word. Usually the thread will die.

This following topics are not allowed on this message board and will be removed if posted: Religion, politics, race/racism, abortion, highly sensitive or controversial subjects that incites arguments, street racing, promotion of illegal drugs or illegal activity, software piracy, material which is exceedingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, extremely sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any form of solicitation unless authorized and approved by the owners beforehand.

Motorhead350
07-07-2013, 06:30 PM
You guys really need to take control of your stress.

sailsmen
07-07-2013, 07:08 PM
50% of communication is visual. When it's important I meet face to face.
It is interesting how we go out of our way to be offended. We read not only the first part of a post but all of it, the subsequent posts, then we post and have the gall to complain about it!
I am offended that you offended me, made me offend you and myself.
Duck tape fixes everything.;)

L.Mark
07-07-2013, 07:25 PM
By know means am I going to condemn what has been said here so far and glad it can be aired out . All I will say is based on this below, I don't see that Kyle or Ray violated any rules. Freedom to post is in the OP hands as long as it's not violating the rules. If I see a topic I don't like or don't agree with I just don't say a word. Usually the thread will die.

This following topics are not allowed on this message board and will be removed if posted: Religion, politics, race/racism, abortion, highly sensitive or controversial subjects that incites arguments, street racing, promotion of illegal drugs or illegal activity, software piracy, material which is exceedingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, extremely sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any form of solicitation unless authorized and approved by the owners beforehand.

I'm offended!!! Where's the rule about no slagging the DTR's...:dunno:

Kyle your good. There is at least one person:wave: that will read anything and will 99.99999% not get offended...except for that DTR thingy I said...:P

Sometimes families and members have irreconcilable differences that can't be fixed...:shake:...ask me how I know first hand...

8UWITH6
07-08-2013, 09:26 PM
The only thought I had when I read the response to Kyle's thread was "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it." There are a lot of threads on this site that I ignore to prevent myself from putting my foot in my mouth or upsetting another member. Just dont respond.......... and move on to the next thread that you CAN be helpful in for our community. Just my .02 :beer:

pandemicz
07-08-2013, 09:31 PM
damn, sorry to hear that

IwantmyMMnow!
07-08-2013, 09:59 PM
I haven't left the site, just took the advice from White Knuckles and enjoyed the last few days with my kids.

When I posted up, I hadn't had a chance to talk to anyone else about what happened and I needed to vent; as a contributing member, I believe I am entitled to post in a forum designed specifically for non-Marauder topics.

I understand that people will have their own level of compassion on various things, but I don't get on here and tell others that their post is meaningless/unnecessary.

8UWITH6
07-08-2013, 10:02 PM
I haven't left the site, just took the advice from White Knuckles and enjoyed the last few days with my kids.

When I posted up, I hadn't had a chance to talk to anyone else about what happened and I needed to vent; as a contributing member, I believe I am entitled to post in a forum designed specifically for non-Marauder topics.

I understand that people will have their own level of compassion on various things, but I don't get on here and tell others that their post is meaningless/unnecessary.

Well said, I agree 100%. You didnt break any rules man.

L.Mark
07-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Well...except maybe the speed limit rule...;):D

Haggis
07-09-2013, 04:35 AM

Kyle come on up to Captain Dan's on July 20 and I will give you another bottle of champagne. Peace Brother.

Ms. Denmark
07-09-2013, 05:44 AM

Yes, Kyle, you are allowed to post of course. I am not in charge of making that decision. My concern was the information you shared was so personal and specific involving your kids, negative comments from a family member about your parenting ability and the threat of bodily harm to said family member. It merely occurred to me that sometimes these things put out there on line can come back to bite us....innocent as I'm sure you ment them to be. Since I had recently met you, and was aware of some of your situation which you shared with me in person, I was only thinking that you might be putting too much information out there in cyberspace. I can see why you may have misinterpreted my post and am sorry if I hurt your feelings or you felt you couldn't talk to me about it. (On the otherhand, several other members who have known me a lot longer chose to jump to the worst possible conclusion about the intent of the post as well.) There is clearly a lack of giving members and friends with whom we have a cordial history, the benefit of the doubt and I am sorry for that. This applies double to Pat, who everyone who knows him will tell you is the salt of the earth, yet turned on him like a pack of dogs. I'm glad Charlie, at least spoke up for him. But that's another subject. I have removed my posts. Kyle, please accept my apology for any hurt I caused you. My concern for you was misguided and clearly none of my business. I won't make that mistake again. On a brighter note, I really do hope you can come up to New Hampshire with us. It would be great to see you again!

Best regards,
Paula

IwantmyMMnow!
07-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Paula, thanks for your apology. Believe me, my brother and I aren't ones to raise fists at the drop of a hat; we have never actually 'brawled' with each other, just the normal wrestling matches brothers have while growing up. When I reach the point to where I want to get 'physical', I walk away unless there's no other alternative. Fortunately, my kids were in another room while the verbal altercation was going on, so they weren't there to witness the ugliness, but they did hear it and I could tell they were a bit uneasy about what happened when I put them to bed that night; I told them we were going to leave in the morning and they took comfort in that. I knew if I had stuck around until Sunday as originally planned, I would have been miserable (based on prior experiences) and it would not have been pleasant for my kids as well There is a LOT more to this than just what happened last week; I won't bring that up on here because that is where it does get more personal and I won't post it on a public forum.

As for Pat and his post; I don't think I've met him yet, but don't think he is a 'bad' or 'ill-mannered' person based on one post. Many members have stepped up in his defense and have said good things about him, which proves this. Some may think his post was harmless/sarcastic/etc, but I did not. I have aired other personal topics on here (bankruptcy, depression) and there wasn't any griping/sarcasm about those threads; the reason I choose to post such personal topics is because I'm looking for guidance because I know I'm not the only one dealing with such issues, and if I can help others by voicing my struggles, that's great. I believe we're here to help each other when times are tough and not just talk about what we've done to our cars. (Sorry for your loss....I just completed my Eaton swap and cranked out 444hp on the dyno!) I can't turn to my family for guidance on everything, because sometimes they are the root/cause of the problem...not saying my family is a bunch of bums/losers, it's just how things are in my situation.

I've never had a facebook account, or do twitter, Yahoo chat, or any other type of public forum, and now that I've been on here for over 2 years and have met quite a few members face-to-face, don't feel the need to join other forums. It will take a lot more than a simple disagreement to make me turn my back on this website and the people I have met over the past 2+ years, and I definitely won't let it keep me from going to any events that I am able to attend. This community is one of the greatest things I've been involved in and I love going to meets and hanging out with the rest of the peeps.

I'm still hoping I'll be able to make the NH meet; maybe by the end of this week I'll know for sure if I can/can't.

IwantmyMMnow!
07-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Kyle come on up to Captain Dan's on July 20 and I will give you another bottle of champagne. Peace Brother.

I'd love to and it turns out I won't have my kids that weekend. However, I've got another project in the works and plan to head out to FBMs place that weekend. I appreciate the offer and hope to see you guys in NH! :banana2:

Ms. Denmark
07-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Thank's Kyle, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can come! :beer:

PonyUP
07-09-2013, 10:26 AM
(On the otherhand, several other members who have known me a lot longer chose to jump to the worst possible conclusion about the intent of the post as well.) There is clearly a lack of giving members and friends with whom we have a cordial history, the benefit of the doubt and I am sorry for that. This applies double to Pat, who everyone who knows him will tell you is the salt of the earth, yet turned on him like a pack of dogs. I'm glad Charlie, at least spoke up for him. But that's another subject. I have removed my posts. Kyle, please accept my apology for any hurt I caused you. My concern for you was misguided and clearly none of my business. I won't make that mistake again.
Best regards,
Paula

Well since you brought it up Paula, kudos to you for stepping up and apologizing.

However your reference of pack of wild dogs is off base. If you saw nothing wrong with Pats post, then I can't help you and it doesn't sound like you'd want that help anyway.

No where in Pats post does it lead to reference of putting too much out there in cyberspace, it's a STFU post plan and simple.

If it was a light hearted jab as Charlie says, it's ill timed and in poor taste

If its not, it's mean spirited and obnoxious. Either way Kyle is owed and apology from Pat.

Kyle is my friend, I won't apologize for defending him. I find it sad that anyone is defending Pats post.

He may be a good guy, who had a bad day. An apology to Kyle would go a long way to others believing he's salt of the earth. But it's been 4 days, and to quote Charlie

"Crickets"

Boost gets you more sex

L.Mark
07-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Paula, thanks for your apology. Believe me, my brother and I aren't ones to raise fists at the drop of a hat; we have never actually 'brawled' with each other, just the normal wrestling matches brothers have while growing up. When I reach the point to where I want to get 'physical', I walk away unless there's no other alternative. Fortunately, my kids were in another room while the verbal altercation was going on, so they weren't there to witness the ugliness, but they did hear it and I could tell they were a bit uneasy about what happened when I put them to bed that night; I told them we were going to leave in the morning and they took comfort in that. I knew if I had stuck around until Sunday as originally planned, I would have been miserable (based on prior experiences) and it would not have been pleasant for my kids as well There is a LOT more to this than just what happened last week; I won't bring that up on here because that is where it does get more personal and I won't post it on a public forum.

As for Pat and his post; I don't think I've met him yet, but don't think he is a 'bad' or 'ill-mannered' person based on one post. Many members have stepped up in his defense and have said good things about him, which proves this. Some may think his post was harmless/sarcastic/etc, but I did not. I have aired other personal topics on here (bankruptcy, depression) and there wasn't any griping/sarcasm about those threads; the reason I choose to post such personal topics is because I'm looking for guidance because I know I'm not the only one dealing with such issues, and if I can help others by voicing my struggles, that's great. I believe we're here to help each other when times are tough and not just talk about what we've done to our cars. (Sorry for your loss....I just completed my Eaton swap and cranked out 444hp on the dyno!) I can't turn to my family for guidance on everything, because sometimes they are the root/cause of the problem...not saying my family is a bunch of bums/losers, it's just how things are in my situation.

I've never had a facebook account, or do twitter, Yahoo chat, or any other type of public forum, and now that I've been on here for over 2 years and have met quite a few members face-to-face, don't feel the need to join other forums. It will take a lot more than a simple disagreement to make me turn my back on this website and the people I have met over the past 2+ years, and I definitely won't let it keep me from going to any events that I am able to attend. This community is one of the greatest things I've been involved in and I love going to meets and hanging out with the rest of the peeps.

I'm still hoping I'll be able to make the NH meet; maybe by the end of this week I'll know for sure if I can/can't.

Feel your pain on that. I've vented to others about family issues myself. Sometimes a "fresh perspective" is really needed from someone not close to the situation at hand. If we can't vent to friends on the site, within reason, than this IS just a car forum. I don't believe it is from what I've seen in the little time I've been here. Keep venting, better out than in...

Bluerauder
07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
If it was a light hearted jab as Charlie says, it's ill timed and in poor taste.

No argument from me on ^^^^^ this; but it was more widely directed and not specifically targeted at Kyle. Yes, the location and timing could have been much better. I'll still defend Pat because I don't believe he has a mean bone in his body.