PDA

View Full Version : Mr Clean Auto Dry Car Wash System

MapleLeafMerc
03-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Finally got a chance to try it out on Friday. It is a hose attachment that holds soap and a water filter. The big deal is that by rinsing your car with filtered water, you can let it dry on its own (no chamois) and you don't get water spots (caused by impurities in your water).

I definitely recommend it. :up:

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/

Petrograde
03-21-2004, 01:42 PM
I definitely recommend it. :up:

yup,... good stuff! The only problem is waiting for it to dry.

MERCMAN
03-21-2004, 01:45 PM

One word.. LEAFBLOWER :lol:

woaface
03-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Leafblowers (IMHO) put dirt right back on your car, from the ground or such. During the summer, the sun should be sufficent...especially in Texas Petrograde:D

MapleLeafMerc
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM

Yea, that could be a problem... . I washed it in our warehouse and decided I didn't want to wait for it to dry before I returned home, so I backed it out and drove home 'wet' ;). When I got home it still looked better than when I've used the shammy. The starter kit was about $30 Cdn/24 US.

TAF
03-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Leafblowers (IMHO) put dirt right back on your car, from the ground or such.
not if you be sure to do it...uh...in the "wet spot" :banned:

DL04
03-21-2004, 04:06 PM
yup,... good stuff! The only problem is waiting for it to dry. It really does work,goes through a lot of soap though-it dries faster at WOT! :bounce:

metroplex
03-21-2004, 04:44 PM
It's such a waste of money.

I took a very thorough look of it and the part where you attach it to a hose looks like a prime location to snap/break apart.

Drying your car is a waste of time unless you plan on entering it in a car show.

hard/soft water, it doesn't matter. All I do is just rinse down the car with water, use a good wash mit, a bucket of water and Blue Coral detergent wash + wax.

I soap it down and stuff maybe two times over. Then I let it air dry - you'll see a spotty mess but the next time it rains, it will wash off the detergent and the wind will dry it off for you.

I went to work one day with a soapy spotty car, it rained cats and dogs then was windy. When I came out of my office, I saw a sparkling clean Crown Vic in the parking lot. It was totally spotless, even the windows were spotless. Now THAT'S service! :)

I'm all for keeping my car clean and spotless but I'll let you in on a secret - cars were meant for driving. You pick up tar, salt, mud, grime, rubber, and bearing grease while driving... not to mention insects, bird crap, etc...
I would try to keep the car free of nasty stuff that eats away clearcoat and paint like bird crap, but trying to keep your car as clean as possible 24/7 with overpriced products is a waste of your time and money.

I would wash the car and rinse it down whenever there's a lot of salt outside, but I'd wax it 2-3 times a year using NuFinish. The stuff outlasts any carnauba waxes and it gives a relatively great shine on my car. I've taken photos and while the shine isn't as DEEP as the overpriced waxes you find on the Internet, it gets the job done and I have no complaints. For regular car washing, I just spray it down with a bottle filled with water mixed with Blue Coral. When it rains, the rain water washes away the detergent and any grime on the body. The wind then air dries the car. Bada bing, bada boom. ****edaboudid.

cyclone03
03-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Being a "long term" user of Mr.Clean I have a tip.
I got mine from Santa,used it the next day and at least once a week tell the middle of Feb.

I would say at least every 3rd or 4th wash the car needs to be rubbed.
The shine starts to get a little muddy.I dont know if it's soap build up or what,but I suggest a normal wash, wax after 4 Mr.C jobs.

woaface
03-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Both of my neighbors have plain tap city water...it's full of impurities...I noticed a lot of spotting when I washed my neighbors Envoy today (I love the round lines, makes it a lot easier down low)

My house however, has a $6500water softener on the ouside of the house and I don't see any of these problems...it's a big help.

metroplex
03-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Both of my neighbors have plain tap city water...it's full of impurities...I noticed a lot of spotting when I washed my neighbors Envoy today (I love the round lines, makes it a lot easier down low)

My house however, has a $6500water softener on the ouside of the house and I don't see any of these problems...it's a big help.

I only use plain tap water - I have a water filter at my parent's house in NJ but its not tied into the garden hose.

For my apartment in Michigan, I just use water junk that flows out of the outside tap. It spots up fairly quickly but like I said, the detergent stuff + rain water + natural winds dry it out.

I couldn't have washed and dried the car any better than nature. The windows were even totally spotless.