PDA

View Full Version : Cobra swapped ford focus

Blk04MM
08-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Ran across a cobra swapped Ford Focus last night at the local car gathering. The owner wouldn't pop the hood and just put it off as a normal SVT focus. A big shot cobra owner downed his car for parking a "ricer" around his mustang crew buddies and ended up picking a run. Needless to say I Watched it quickly show its tail lights to that cobra. I was :eek: and laughing when it happened and was shocked when I found out what was in it. The cobra owner was quickly humbled and actually apologized.

Sleepers from hell are spawning up everywhere now

Motorhead350
08-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Ran across a cobra swapped Ford Focus last night at the local car gathering. The owner wouldn't pop the hood and just put it off as a normal SVT focus. A big shot cobra owner downed his car for parking a "ricer" around his mustang crew buddies and ended up picking a run. Needless to say I Watched it quickly show its tail lights to that cobra. I was :eek: and laughing when it happened and was shocked when I found out what was in it. The cobra owner was quickly humbled and actually apologized.

:mad2:

Sounds awesome!

Blk04MM
08-04-2013, 12:16 PM
:mad2:

Sounds awesome!

You'll soon be back up and running.

Motorhead350
08-04-2013, 12:18 PM
You'll soon be back up and running.

Yeah, but not like that.

Blk04MM
08-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah, but not like that.

Running is running. My MM isn't "running" at all, it's slow. I wish it was a sleeper. It's just sleep. Needs BOOST to wake her up. Hopefully it's soon. Very soon

MrBluGruv
08-04-2013, 12:32 PM

The only question I have is if the actual Cobra owner would've challenged him to the run had he known what was sitting under that hood.

It's one thing to see what you're up against and still have a big head on you, but it's another thing to drive a jet-engine-swapped Prius and act like a tough guy because no one would expect your highly unlikely setup.

Blk04MM
08-04-2013, 12:35 PM
The only question I have is if the actual Cobra owner would've challenged him to the run had he known what was sitting under that hood.

It's one thing to see what you're up against and still have a big head on you, but it's another thing to drive a jet-engine-swapped Prius and act like a tough guy because no one would expect your highly unlikely setup.

Good question. But the cobra guy talked about the car off looks alone. The focus guy just kept silent, didn't act tough at all. Cobra guy called it ugly. Focus guy words were "it may be ugly but it runs" ...cobra guy bit.

Motorhead350
08-04-2013, 12:36 PM

Yes. Usually I would say "If you think it's slow, then you have nothing to worry about."

Running is running. My MM isn't "running" at all, it's slow. I wish it was a sleeper. It's just sleep. Needs BOOST to wake her up. Hopefully it's soon. Very soon

True. I guess like a drug addict, you never wanna clean up. The fun is just too much.

Blk04MM
08-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Yes. Usually I would say "If you think it's slow, then you have nothing to worry about."

With the recent LSx swap craze I wouldn't dare judge a car off looks alone.
There is an all original 83 LTD that's shamed a lot of cars and bikes. How? Because it has a 5.3L motor with a fat turbo on it. Off looks alone you'd swear it came from the junk yard but it'll tail light you instantly. I've seen S2K, Hondas, 240s etc... All LSx swapped. Judging a book by its cover on often leads to :eek::sleepy:

True. I guess like a drug addict, you never wanna clean up. The fun is just too much.

Lol ...I need some of that drug

Motorhead350
08-04-2013, 01:18 PM

The first song I am listening to when I go N/A....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2t-ijaAdAA

Black Dynamite
08-04-2013, 02:02 PM
With the recent LSx swap craze I wouldn't dare judge a car off looks alone.
There is an all original 83 LTD that's shamed a lot of cars and bikes. How? Because it has a 5.3L motor with a fat turbo on it. Off looks alone you'd swear it came from the junk yard but it'll tail light you instantly. I've seen S2K, Hondas, 240s etc... All LSx swapped. Judging a book by its cover on often leads to :eek::sleepy:

Indeed, a buddy of mine has an LS2 swapped 350Z. It's not a sleeper though, waaaaaayyyy too loud. It's set up for road racing and it's pretty obvious with the aero kit on it too.
http://youtu.be/25mgp29U66c

MOTOWN
08-04-2013, 02:04 PM

LMAO! welcome to the wonderful world of Racing! Most will never tell you what they have under the hood! You simply never know:eek: and thats what makes it interesting.

Motorhead350
08-04-2013, 02:13 PM
LMAO! welcome to the wonderful world of Racing! Most will never tell you what they have under the hood! You simply never know:eek: and thats what makes it interesting.

Ummm don't people have to pop their hoods to tech in? Oh wait.... ;)

boatmangc
08-04-2013, 02:15 PM

My older brothers taught me the "sleeper principles" in the mid and late 60s when I was just a pup.
That is just part of the game. The first wheel stand I ever experienced was in a POS old Dodge truck that belonged to one of my brothers.

Blk04MM
08-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Indeed, a buddy of mine has an LS2 swapped 350Z. It's not a sleeper though, waaaaaayyyy too loud. It's set up for road racing and it's pretty obvious with the aero kit on it too.
http://youtu.be/25mgp29U66c

Sounds very nice. LS2 power. That thing was moving very quick

Exactly. Especially when you don't ask what's under it but judge the car lol

Ummm don't people have to pop their hoods to tech in? Oh wait.... ;)

:sleepy:

My older brothers taught me the "sleeper principles" in the mid and late 60s when I was just a pup.
That is just part of the game. The first wheel stand I ever experienced was in a POS old Dodge truck that belonged to one of my brothers.

Nice

Motorhead350
08-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Exactly. Especially when you don't ask what's under it but judge the car lol

You saw that meme too?

LOL

Joe Walsh
08-04-2013, 07:11 PM
If you bust on a Ford Focus......
then hear it start up......
and it sounds like this.....:eek:

Ruh Roh!

Time to hand over your pink slip!
Yzpc_Km41PE

Blk04MM
08-04-2013, 07:24 PM
If you bust on a Ford Focus......
then hear it start up......
and it sounds like this.....:eek:

Ruh Roh!

Time to hand over your pink slip!
Yzpc_Km41PE

:lol: damn that thing sounds nice. I wasn't expecting that at all. The BMW couldn't catch it for nothing. Definitely handing over the slip to that. :censor: that was funny

MrBluGruv
08-05-2013, 04:42 AM

A built Focus is one thing. Heck, even a Focus with a turbo is one thing. But a Focus shell with a Cobra swap in it? I mean seriously, it kinda takes away from the shock factor when you throw something completely unrealistic into your car and then go around acting like everyone should've known better when they didn't jump to the most unreasonable assumption upon first seeing your car...

Motorhead350
08-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Cool Focus, but I would like to see the engine setup.

Blk04MM
08-05-2013, 09:07 AM
A built Focus is one thing. Heck, even a Focus with a turbo is one thing. But a Focus shell with a Cobra swap in it? I mean seriously, it kinda takes away from the shock factor when you throw something completely unrealistic into your car and then go around acting like everyone should've known better when they didn't jump to the most unreasonable assumption upon first seeing your car...

In the world of racing people should...
1. Know better not to judge a car on appearance
2. Know better not to assume a car is slow just because of what it is

Nobody is at fault but the cobra owner.

Motorhead350
08-05-2013, 09:12 AM
In the world of racing people should...
1. Know better not to judge a car on appearance
2. Know better not to assume a car is slow just because of what it is

Nobody is at fault but the cobra owner.

Actually, I like these people. They are fun to mess with. :burnout:

Joe Walsh
08-05-2013, 10:04 AM

I know that shoving a big, powerful engine into a small car is one of the oldest hot rod tricks.
Carroll Shelby made his fortune and fame by doing exactly that.
I'm sure that lots of people thought that he had basterdized an AC Ace with that Ford 260 V8!

Blk04MM
08-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Actually, I like these people. They are fun to mess with. :burnout:

Lol :burnout:

I surprise a few but we are in two different classes of cars to pull past

Blk04MM
08-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I know that shoving a big, powerful engine into a small car is one of the oldest hot rod tricks.
Carroll Shelby made his fortune and fame by doing exactly that.
I'm sure that lots of people thought that he had basterdized an AC Ace with that Ford 260 V8!

Cobra Focus FTW

Motorhead350
08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Lol :burnout:

I surprise a few but we are in two different classes of cars to pull past

Were in two different classes.

Loco1234
08-05-2013, 12:52 PM
are u sure it was a cobra motor..? was it supercharged (03-04) or the NA model?
Reason i ask is because Ford has a kit that costs 14K approx & it uses a Cammer motor (5.0L) & converts the focus to RWD etc...

ctrlraven
08-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Kugel Komponents http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focusv8.php

Blk04MM
08-05-2013, 02:53 PM
are u sure it was a cobra motor..? was it supercharged (03-04) or the NA model?
Reason i ask is because Ford has a kit that costs 14K approx & it uses a Cammer motor (5.0L) & converts the focus to RWD etc...

2000% sure it was the cobra motor with blower. Seen it myself

Blk04MM
08-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Kugel Komponents http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focusv8.php

Oh there is a v8 kit. Nice so there could be tons more of these sleepers rolling around

ctrlraven
08-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Oh there is a v8 kit. Nice so there could be tons more of these sleepers rolling around
About 9-10 years ago Kugel was actually doing the swaps themselves using a 4.6 NA DOHC motor and trans from the 99-01 Cobra, $15K if you provided the car (ZX3 3 door hatch or ZTS wagon were the only models they were using) or for $25k they would find a car for you and do the conversion.

I had looked into it but decided to go the cheaper route and did a built 2.3L turbo setup on mine.

ajdereicup
08-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Me likey. I wanna see pictures of the cobra ones engine bay along with the 351w one. See how it fits in there

ctrlraven
08-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Me likey. I wanna see pictures of the cobra ones engine bay along with the 351w one. See how it fits in there
Tons of pictures
https://www.google.com/search?q=FORD+FOCUS+V8&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50500085,d.aWc,pv.xjs.s .en_US.ciY8R2R6XC8.O&biw=1440&bih=785&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=6I4DUvriBYrQyAHClID4CQ#imgd ii=_

NA 4.6 DOHC
http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/rs8/normal_rs86.jpg

SC 4.6 DOHC
http://image.modified.com/f/15580625+w750+st0/0404_03z+Ford_Focus+Engine_Bay _View.jpg

LSX TURBO
http://www.jdmstyletuning.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Ford-Focus.png

SBF CARB
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/1turbofocus/SDC10529.jpg