PDA

View Full Version : Got a ticket on Woodward last night..

bigcowl-imp
08-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Fu*%#en got a ticket last night on Woodward.......in Royal oak.....sudden excelleration......is there such a ticket ??? If so whats the fine ?? Any points ?

Roger where you at ???

bigcowl-imp
08-11-2013, 11:19 AM
nevermind..i found it...

lji372
08-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Wtf is sudden acceleration? The light turned green right?

RubberCtyRauder
08-11-2013, 12:27 PM
If you had to jam on your brakes....is that a sudden deceleration ticket?

MOTOWN
08-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that Tim, different cities have different local ordinances that differ from state ords

For instance in Detroit theres a ticket that can be written for an"annoying person" which can be looked at from many different opinions.

Personally i would fight the ticket, or if you were in fact heating up the tires for ooohhs and ahhhhs admit responsibility with a reason which normally does not involve points on your driving record.

whitey
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
All you have to do is ask the officer in court how he finds that a 2 and a half ton vehicle capable of sudden acceleration. On a more serious note, look at the ticket for technicalities, such as does it say a marauder or gran marquis, ive even had a warning when i was driving my crown vic...which was a double scare thinking somebody switched cars with me.:)

MyRaider
08-11-2013, 05:25 PM
... On a more serious note, look at the ticket for technicalities, such as does it say a marauder or gran marquis, ive even had a warning when i was driving my crown vic...

I have never seen that argument work in court... IMO, sticking with the facts gives you a better chance of getting a favorable outcome (after all, "sudden acceleration" sounds like a judgment call to me).

whitey
08-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I have never seen that argument work in court... IMO, sticking with the facts gives you a better chance of getting a favorable outcome (after all, "sudden acceleration" sounds like a judgment call to me).

The fact of the matter would be that if you weren't driving a gran Marquis, then they cant say you were speeding/ fast acceleration in it. Its a technicality and legally they cant hold a charge on you when you were falsely accused of doing a crime that you couldn't even possibly be a part of. If i was still found guilty, id appeal it and eventually win. When it comes down to a printed on paper legal document, they cant change the ticket anymore, it is what it is, whether correct or not. People get off everyday because of this stuff.

Pat
08-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Thank you, thank you Officer, I've spent thousands of dollars trying to make my car a recognized "sudden accelerator" to no avail. Now, Officer,(insert name) your expert opinion has manifested to the world that BigCowl-Imp's Marauder is indeed a "sudden accelerator" as documented in the official citation.

Others may try in vain but your Marauder, BigCowl-Imp is in that special class. Rejoice.

Don't forget to get a copy suitable for framing.

Regards,

cat in the hat
08-11-2013, 07:05 PM

The fact of the matter would be that if you weren't driving a gran Marquis, then they cant say you were speeding/ fast acceleration in it. Its a technicality and legally they cant hold a charge on you when you were falsely accused of doing a crime that you couldn't even possibly be a part of. If i was still found guilty, id appeal it and eventually win. When it comes down to a printed on paper legal document, they cant change the ticket anymore, it is what it is, whether correct or not. People get off everyday because of this stuff.

Not around here. If you were driving a Mercury of whatever color with tag XYZ 123 and a VIN ending in 4567, see the cashier. If you actually show up in court they will usually let you slide on the points - that's the standard "deal" - but you're still going to see the cashier.

bigcowl-imp
08-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Sorry to hear about that Tim, different cities have different local ordinances that differ from state ords

For instance in Detroit theres a ticket that can be written for an"annoying person" which can be looked at from many different opinions.

Personally i would fight the ticket, or if you were in fact heating up the tires for ooohhs and ahhhhs admit responsibility with a reason which normally does not involve points on your driving record.

I hammered it from about a 10 mph roll and went about 3/4 throttle and let off and i might have gotten up to about 35-40 mph in a 45 mph zone.......i`m quilty of leaving 2 black marks and making lots of noise...

its $130 fine and no points...........Also how come theres no MCL number on the ticket ?

bigcowl-imp
08-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Thank you, thank you Officer, I've spent thousands of dollars trying to make my car a recognized "sudden accelerator" to no avail. Now, Officer,(insert name) your expert opinion has manifested to the world that BigCowl-Imp's Marauder is indeed a "sudden accelerator" as documented in the official citation.

Others may try in vain but your Marauder, BigCowl-Imp is in that special class. Rejoice.

Don't forget to get a copy suitable for framing.

Regards,

LOL.....i don`t own a Marauder and never have...sorry....i was out in my Mustang with a carburated LS3 motor......

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/1990%20Firered%20notch%20at%20 Johns%20house/firerednotchatjohnshouse002_zp sc615cbac.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/bigcowl-imp/media/1990%20Firered%20notch%20at%20 Johns%20house/firerednotchatjohnshouse002_zp sc615cbac.jpg.html)

lji372
08-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I hammered it from about a 10 mph roll and went about 3/4 throttle and let off and i might have gotten up to about 35-40 mph in a 45 mph zone.......i`m quilty of leaving 2 black marks and making lots of noise...

its $130 fine and no points...........Also how come theres no MCL number on the ticket ?

Sounds similar to the one I got on gratiot. $160 no points:(
They called it impeding traffic (with drag racing in the side note)
Be happy they didn't go reckless driving for breaking he tires I guess:dunno:
As long as there are points going on your record it probably isn't worth fighting.
They sure make it hard to have ANY fun:shake:

Black Dynamite
08-11-2013, 07:59 PM
I got a ticket for "aggressive acceleration" when I was in high school. I took it to court and the judge agreed with me that it was too hard to prove what was aggressive about it as I didn't leave any blackies on the pavement. Still had to pay the $33 court fee though.

lji372
08-11-2013, 08:00 PM
LOL.....i don`t own a Marauder and never have...sorry....i was out in my Mustang with a carburated LS3 motor......

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/1990%20Firered%20notch%20at%20 Johns%20house/firerednotchatjohnshouse002_zp sc615cbac.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/bigcowl-imp/media/1990%20Firered%20notch%20at%20 Johns%20house/firerednotchatjohnshouse002_zp sc615cbac.jpg.html)

You bringing that baby up to the 16 mile benz dealership on Saturday?:banana2:

bigcowl-imp
08-11-2013, 08:47 PM
You bringing that baby up to the 16 mile benz dealership on Saturday?:banana2:

I was thinking about it but i don`t think they would want me in the parking lot..i still want to walk in so i can say hi to everyone..

RacerX
08-11-2013, 08:56 PM
That is pretty vague. "Sudden Acceleration". Most motorcycles at 1/4 throttle will get up to 30+ a hella lot faster than our lead sleds no matter what ponies we're pushing. Is there science behind the statute, eg: if the vehicle travels x amount of feet within y amount of time... How did he measure this supposed acceleration? If he was traveling the same speed in the opposit direction then approaching speed would double...

MOTOWN
08-11-2013, 10:19 PM

Sometimes the officer doesnt put the mcl number on the citizens copy, or doesnt have it handy at the time, but it only has to be on the officers copy so the ticket can be processed properly.

Royal oak is one of those burbs where you have to be very careful! LEO are everywhere:depress: That stang is sweet!

Pat
08-12-2013, 12:10 PM
You know there's got to be a moniker in there somewhere , "Sudden Accelerator". "Sudden Acceleration", or "Ford - Experience The Thrill of Sudden Acceleration". :lol:

Motorhead350
08-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Why did you stop????

Curless
08-12-2013, 12:37 PM
I was thinking about it but i don`t think they would want me in the parking lot..i still want to walk in so i can say hi to everyone..

You can come right on in! I don't care what kind of car you have, tell the gate keeper that you are with the MCM group, they'll let you in!:beer:

lji372
08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Why did you stop????

ticket vs jail:fishslap:

Motorhead350
08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
ticket vs jail:fishslap:

Not if they do not catch you. Ask me how I know. ;)

Ok, enough of this. LOL

Odinson
08-12-2013, 02:07 PM
That is pretty vague. "Sudden Acceleration". Most motorcycles at 1/4 throttle will get up to 30+ a hella lot faster than our lead sleds no matter what ponies we're pushing. Is there science behind the statute, eg: if the vehicle travels x amount of feet within y amount of time... How did he measure this supposed acceleration? If he was traveling the same speed in the opposit direction then approaching speed would double...

Good point. My pretty good Vic accelerates like a viper. :burnout:

If he was driving a panther, truth is he's probably jealous. Made you pay the 'You're better than me' tax. :beer:

Mr. Man
08-12-2013, 02:34 PM

its $130 fine and no points...........Also how come theres no MCL number on the ticket ?If you left two black marks I doubt you have a case, unless the officer wrote down the wrong tag # or something. He could have written you up for worse which would have included points. Pay up.

Krytin
08-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Breaking traction on a public road and leaving a "deposit" is a writable offence just about anywhere. Pay if that's what you did.

lji372
08-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Not if they do not catch you. Ask me how I know. ;)

Ok, enough of this. LOL

Well you won't have that option anymore

MrBluGruv
08-12-2013, 04:17 PM
If you left two black marks I doubt you have a case, unless the officer wrote down the wrong tag # or something. He could have written you up for worse which would have included points. Pay up.

Breaking traction on a public road and leaving a "deposit" is a writable offence just about anywhere. Pay if that's what you did.

+1

I get that it sucks to get busted, but geez if you're leaving scratch, you were obviously hot-dogging it. That's frowned upon by pretty much everyone outside the car community, and some within as well.

MyRaider
08-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Not around here. If you were driving a Mercury of whatever color with tag XYZ 123 and a VIN ending in 4567, see the cashier. If you actually show up in court they will usually let you slide on the points - that's the standard "deal" - but you're still going to see the cashier.

Same way in my neck of the woods.

Chayton
08-13-2013, 01:35 AM
in my city they'd get you for "breaking traction" as my friend found it in his mustang.

Marauderjack
08-13-2013, 04:53 AM
Down here it's "Unlawful Display Of Power".....vague but it sticks!!:eek::shake::argue:

martyo
08-13-2013, 05:01 AM
Down here it's "Unlawful Display Of Power".....vague but it sticks!!:eek::shake::argue:

Most politicians are guilty of this.

Marauderjack
08-13-2013, 05:02 AM
AMEN BROTHER!!:beer:

Limited360
08-13-2013, 05:19 AM

TRUTH TO THIS! :beer:

lji372
08-13-2013, 06:13 AM

and i thought when politicians and leo's do it, they call it a
"lawful display of power":lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HOUH_clWk

uh oh, this isn't turning political is it:eek:

martyo
08-13-2013, 06:54 AM
uh oh, this isn't turning political is it:eek:

Note that I did not align myself with or against a particular party.

cat in the hat
08-13-2013, 07:24 AM
If I ever get written up for "Unlawful Display of Power," I'm framing it and claiming that I was naked at the time :lol:

Mr. Man
08-13-2013, 09:35 AM
If I ever get written up for "Unlawful Display of Power," I'm framing it and claiming that I was naked at the time :lol:That might be a 'crimes against humanity' charge. See you at the Hague,. I'll be the guy in the audience LMMFAO :D :P ;)

Krytin
08-13-2013, 12:09 PM
If I ever get written up for "Unlawful Display of Power," I'm framing it and claiming that I was naked at the time

This may be the best post I've read on this site - ever! :lol:

MyTMerc
08-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Down here it's "Awesome Display Of Power".....vague but it sticks!!:eek::shake::argue:

Fixed to what it should have read

Marauderjack
08-14-2013, 02:35 AM
Fixed to what it should have read

:burnout::D