PDA

View Full Version : Weird ? But gotta know lol

jponder54
08-19-2013, 08:09 PM
So I'm getting my 410's put in and in ready to roll I wanna know for the heavy footers or racers say I wanna race some one do I keep it in regular drive somebody said start in low and work my way to regular drive I don't wanna tare anything up but the pavement

RubberCtyRauder
08-19-2013, 08:14 PM
You shouldn't shift an automatic transmission manually..especially in WOT situations.. but DO take it out of overdrive

jponder54
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Ok so keep her in regular drive and turn the over drive off

TAKEDOWN
08-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Yes and if you have traction control turn it off.

RubberCtyRauder
08-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Yes, the overdrive bands do not like WOT....and somewhere, just recently on this forum , like in the last month or less someone was looking for a transmission or was asking about shifting it manually and many members said not to do it or it will go boom..maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it is not designed for repeated manual shifts. If you do not have one, then I would suggest getting a SCT tune for the Marauder thru one of our vendors..Either mart from Mo's Speed Shop or Lidio From Alternative Automotive. It'll be $400 or so dollars for the SCT and the tune..If you have a SCT tuner already then they can email you a tune specifically for the Maraduer for alot less. The tune will add 20ish HP and revise the shifting schedule for the better. I had a MO's Speed shop tune before having them install a vortech supercharger and dyno tuned it at their shop.

Motorhead350
08-19-2013, 08:25 PM
O/D off and go to town.

Maybe change your shift points with your tuner?

jponder54
08-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Ok koo thanks everyone I'm ready I've got a shop here in town I'm buying the sct from and they are going to dyno and tune it if I don't like it ill definitely get the one you guys have I need all the hp possible

SC Cheesehead
08-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Ok koo thanks everyone I'm ready I've got a shop here in town I'm buying the sct from and they are going to dyno and tune it if I don't like it ill definitely get the one you guys have I need all the hp possible

Two words: Get Boost...

Ms. Denmark
08-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Two words: Get Boost...
One more word: Dragstrip.

ctrlraven
08-20-2013, 02:33 PM
You don't need it dynoed if you are NA and don't have headers. Not knocking the tuner you have chose to use but most tuners don't understand how to tune a Marauder properly. It's not just a crown vic looking car with a mach 1 motor in it so it can't be tuned like a Mustang because it's a heavy automatic car with a mid/high rpm range power producing car, getting the shift points and converter lockup schedule dialed in right is a science. Trust the vendors on this site who have a lot of experience with our car. Lidio or Mo's, can't go wrong with either of them.

jponder54
08-20-2013, 04:36 PM
So I don't have to take it to get dyno after they do my gears?? Just order the tuner and ask mo's??

RacerX
08-20-2013, 04:37 PM
You shouldn't shift an automatic transmission manually..especially in WOT situations..
Not true actually. When you shift manually, which I've been doing with 4R70Ws since '99, the PCM commands a slightly higher shift pressure (even more depending on tune) and will engage clutch packs sooner. Less wear and tear. The bad about it is if you shift too high, you can lose the snap-ring inside.

jponder54
08-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I figured all of it should be done at once to get speedometer right

RubberCtyRauder
08-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Mo's can provide a tune for 4.10 without getting on a dyno

jponder54
08-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Ok ill check them out now I have a half of tank of gas I've seen forums where after tuning or something you use 91 this true

RubberCtyRauder
08-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Not true actually. When you shift manually, which I've been doing with 4R70Ws since '99, the PCM commands a slightly higher shift pressure (even more depending on tune) and will engage clutch packs sooner. Less wear and tear. The bad about it is if you shift too high, you can lose the snap-ring inside.

Im no expert in that area. I was just relaying the general consensus from the thread I mentioned reading here not long ago. Most replies we're to not shift it manually

RubberCtyRauder
08-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Mo's can provide tune for 93 pr 91 or even 89, but the lower the octane tune,the lower the performance will be

martyo
08-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Mo's can provide tune for 93 pr 91 or even 89, but the lower the octane tune,the lower the performance will be

This is correct, but we always recommend going with the highest octane you can afford/get at the pump.

I know I am late to this thread, but I would be happy to set you up with a tune for your car that is sure to please.

If you are interested, just let me know.