PDA

View Full Version : What would you do ?

bigcowl-imp
08-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Lets say you sell a part on this forum or any forum and you got $200 or $500 for the part.....then you goto paypal and see they have a unconfirmed address.......now what do you do ???

In the past i have always shipped the part but when dealing with bigger bucks i`m thinking its not a good idea......

Should i do a refund and ask them to please fix there account ??

Limited360
08-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Lets say you sell a part on this forum or any forum and you got $200 or $500 for the part.....then you goto paypal and see they have a unconfirmed address.......now what do you do ???

In the past i have always shipped the part but when dealing with bigger bucks i`m thinking its not a good idea......

Should i do a refund and ask them to please fix there account ??

hmmmm I typically only ship to a confirmed address... good catch on your behalf...

MAKE EM FIX IT!

cat in the hat
08-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Could you ship it with a signature required for delivery ?

fastblackmerc
08-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Get them to confirm their address.

lji372
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
I would want a confirmed address. Just my .02:beer:

bigcowl-imp
08-20-2013, 08:11 PM
After i gave him a refund he said this.......

I am unverified because I don't want PP to have access to my regular bank account.

bigcowl-imp
08-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Why can`t you be verified with a different or new bank account ??

RubberCtyRauder
08-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Could they send you a money order..like one from the post office?

SC Cheesehead
08-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Could they send you a money order..like one from the post office?

^^^^^^ That may be the way to go.

MOTOWN
08-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Honestly if he sent you payment i dont see the problem, from time to time my account will say unverified and i know full well its verified.

And i dont blame him for not wanting to share his bank account info, if he doesnt feel comfortable with that.

Blackened300a
08-21-2013, 06:19 AM
When sending something out, if the address is unverified I would shoot them a PM to confirm the address before shipping. If they agree that its correct then send it out making the buyer aware that this is the agreed address. The USPS has been adding a tracking number with the receipt and I usually send a pic of it to the buyer so they have a record.

bigcowl-imp
08-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Honestly if he sent you payment i dont see the problem, from time to time my account will say unverified and i know full well its verified.

And i dont blame him for not wanting to share his bank account info, if he doesnt feel comfortable with that.

But you have to think both ways.........does he have a seperate bank account with no money in it because hes a scammer ?? I think thats how scammers get away with it ???

What if he files a claim with paypal and says that he never got the part but yet you have a tracking # and it says delivered ?? What would paypal do sence he is not verified ??? or has a unconfirmed address ???

I think that paypal would rule for the buyer because i shipped to a unconfirmed address......right ???

RubberCtyRauder
08-21-2013, 08:14 AM
You have to look into paypal's user agreement for seller..but i just scanned it quickly and it makes no mention of confirmed or unconfirmed addresses. it only staes that it must be shipped to the address on the transaction page for it to be covered under paypal's seller protection and the proof of delivery etc. If it is redirected or shipped to another address than whatis listed onthe transation page, then paypal will not cover the dispute.

I may not be totally right about this..upon searching google, some responses says it needs verified for protection of seller..I would call or email paypal customer service, rather than lose a sale to a member who would like an item.

MOTOWN
08-21-2013, 08:42 AM
What he said^^^^^^^^^

ctrlraven
08-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I only send to confirmed address, it's a way for the seller to ensure the buyer is legit.

MyBlackBeasts
08-25-2013, 08:09 PM
After i gave him a refund he said this.......

I am unverified because I don't want PP to have access to my regular bank account.

This is exactly why I am not "verified" with PayPal. There is absolutely no reason for them to have access to my bank account when I am only a buyer. When PP 1st started up and then did this verification crap I read about a guy that had $1200 pulled out of his bank account by them without his authorizing it and he had checks bouncing all over and no $$ to live on for weeks until the "situation" was rectified.

Only way I would "verify" is if I planned on closing the account after the "verify" was done.

Just because he is not "verified" doesn't mean he is a scammer. Probably majority of the actual scammers are verified as they know how to work the system.

BIGNELSTER
08-25-2013, 09:18 PM
I sell on eBay and just because it says not verified it doesn't mean there going to scam you.
You can call PayPal to verify that it's actually the persons account but it's all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD