PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers: Age of Ultron (Sequel)

ctrlraven
08-26-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/

Raleigh Marauder
08-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I want Thanos....

ctrlraven
08-26-2013, 12:08 PM
I want Thanos....
http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-guardians-galaxy-thanos-villains/all/1/

Raleigh Marauder
08-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks. I had heard he would likely be in the Guardians movie. I thought it would work better in the Avengers though. Thanos is a bad mother...

ctrlraven
08-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks. I had heard he would likely be in the Guardians movie. I thought it would work better in the Avengers though. Thanos is a bad mother...
All the Marvel movies have some sort of small tie in with others. It is part of their Phase I movies, after Avengers 2 I believe will be when Phase II movies will start coming out.

Raleigh Marauder
08-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Yep... I've seen all that. I'm pretty much a comic book geek... I almost lost it when they showed Thanos at the end of the Avengers. Really looking forward to seeing what storyline from the comic they end up basing the movie on.

ctrlraven
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
So am I, came across this tid-bit about the storyline.

At the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International, Whedon announced the film would be titled Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Despite the subtitle, the film is not based on the 2013 comic book miniseries Age of Ultron. Feige explained, "We came up with a few titles, but every month a new comic book appeared, and that's a great title. Age Of Ultron is a great title. We had a few other 'Of Ultrons', but that was the best one. So we're borrowing that title, but taking storylines from decades of Avengers storylines." Whedon added, "We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron....We were crafting our own version of it where [Ultron's] own origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about. The other thing is in the origin story there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside." Whedon also said the film would have a darker tone due to Ultron's involvement, and confirmed that Hawkeye and Black Widow would return. The title of the film came as a surprise to many fans who were expecting Thanos, the mastermind behind the events of the first film, to be the main villain in the sequel. When asked about Thanos' involvement, Whedon responded, "We have to stay grounded. It's part of what makes the Marvel universe click - their relationship to the real world. It's science fiction, and Thanos is not out of the mix, but Thanos was never meant to be the next villain. He's always been the overlord of villainy and darkness."