PDA

View Full Version : New computer toy

Donald
09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
I signed up on Kickstarter for the AdTrap device. It got funded at about 40% above goal. The box arrived Sat.

It supports 2 setups. Between modem and router or just plugged into router which is what I used with the Verizon FIOS ActionTec. Had a small problem with software setup but my support email was answered in about 30 mins. On Saturday! Basically it sets itself as a proxy and modifies the proxy setting in IE. Manually set the proxy settings on the iPad to match the PC and it is covered, also.

I can't believe how many ad servers are referenced by the CNN home page! Blocked! That ad on the top of the Drudge Report page? Gone!

http://www.getadtrap.com/

BTW, made in America.

Chayton
09-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Have you heard of adblock?

Donald
09-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Have you heard of adblock?

I believe that is software and integrates to your browser. This is hardware and prevents the ad from getting into your LAN. I found this blocks ads in the iPad TMZ app, also.

sailsmen
09-16-2013, 06:44 PM
The ads add pizzaz, it's gonna be real boring like an old monochrome.

Donald
09-17-2013, 05:22 AM
When I was working I have had ads on an Excel help site trigger the corporate anti-virus software. To me the more extraneous links one can kill the better.

RacerX
09-17-2013, 06:56 AM
When I was working I have had ads on an Excel help site trigger the corporate anti-virus software. To me the more extraneous links one can kill the better.

Amen brother! More than half our business now is bug removal. I may pick one of those up to try out. Thanks.