PDA

View Full Version : Does this Prius make me unattractive?

mrjones
09-19-2013, 10:41 AM
This morning I was telling my 15 year old daughter about a ZL1 Camaro I saw with a plate frame that said "Your hybrid may save the planet, but my Camaro saves my dignity". She thought it was funny.

Then she told me about a boy at her HS that she thought was really cute. But then she said that she saw him go into the parking lot and get into his Prius. She said that he's no longer attractive at all.

I had to laugh.

Mr. Man
09-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Smart girl. :up:

Besides I don't get the Prius is saving the world hooey. Every putz I see driving one is going 90 mph so where's all the gas savings coming from. :shake:

Joe Walsh
09-19-2013, 11:52 AM
This morning I was telling my 15 year old daughter about a ZL1 Camaro I saw with a plate frame that said "Your hybrid may save the planet, but my Camaro saves my dignity". She thought it was funny.

Then she told me about a boy at her HS that she thought was really cute. But then she said that she saw him go into the parking lot and get into his Prius. She said that he's no longer attractive at all.
I had to laugh.

LMAO!!

She is a too funny!

But,
I had to drive my parents old beater Country Squire wagon in high school.
Nowadays, lots of hand-me-downs are Toyoturds and Honda P.O.S.
If he was driving a Prius after high school....then he is a lost soul......:shake:

Smart girl. :up:

Besides I don't get the Prius is saving the world hooey. Every putz I see driving one is going 90 mph so where's all the gas savings coming from. :shake:

Yep, they are always driving wayyyy too slow or WAYYYYYY too fast!

Also, don't forget the 300 lb brick of Lithium that gets replaced every 5 years or so.....SURE......helping the Earth!

Krytin
09-19-2013, 12:11 PM
LMAO!!

Also, don't forget the 300 lb brick of Lithium that gets replaced every 5 years or so.....SURE......helping the Earth!

Yeah, factor that battery's manufacture/disposal/recycling and the "carbon footprint" gets pretty big!

Anthony84
09-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Every putz I see driving one is going 90 mph so where's all the gas savings coming from. :shake:

Wait...you see them doing 90??? I've personally taken one to 95...but around these parts, the Portland and Vancouver hippies that have them always do at least 10 UNDER the posted limits! I might hate them less if they all drove like me...my fiance knows if one gets in my lane or near me I go into instant harass it immediately mode:soap:

guspech750
09-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Prius = total gayrod.

Unless,

Well there is no unless.

Too funny of a story OP.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Juice
09-19-2013, 03:10 PM

I hate to be that guy, but 5 years is sorely inaccurate. 10+ years is more likely.

My Fusion comes with a 8 year/100k mile warranty on the battery, so if it did die early, I don't have to eat the cost.

Talk all the **** you want, but $50 a month in gas is pretty awesome.

Chayton
09-19-2013, 03:37 PM
I cant help but laugh when I see this underclassman in my town trying his best to drive fast while blasting rap in his prius filled with hoodlums. :lol:

Mr. Man
09-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Wait...you see them doing 90??? I've personally taken one to 95...but around these parts, the Portland and Vancouver hippies that have them always do at least 10 UNDER the posted limits! I might hate them less if they all drove like me...my fiance knows if one gets in my lane or near me I go into instant harass it immediately mode:soap:The speed limit in the NJ area seems to be more of a suggestion to most drivers. I've driven I-5 through Ca, Or, and Wa and was surprised most, not all, people drove at or near the speed limit.

Joe Walsh
09-19-2013, 08:27 PM
I hate to be that guy, but 5 years is sorely inaccurate. 10+ years is more likely.

My Fusion comes with a 8 year/100k mile warranty on the battery, so if it did die early, I don't have to eat the cost.

Talk all the **** you want, but $50 a month in gas is pretty awesome.

Maybe not the Ford Fusion, but Prius owners had a class action lawsuit against Turdyota for batteries not accepting a full charge after only @ 3 years.

Plus any Hybrid ends up dumping a 300 lb Lithium battery somewhere when it dies.

What gets me is the numbnuts who tell me how great their hybrid is........when they have a long commute ON THE HIGHWAY.
OK...so now you are driving a gas powered vehicle while dragging an extra 300 Lbs of dead weight down the road.....:shake:

I can see someone owning a Hybrid if you do a lot of city driving, or lots of short suburban commutes.

Mebot
09-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Prius = total gayrod.

Unless,

Well there is no unless.

Too funny of a story OP.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

This post hypothetically made milk come out of my nose.

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away...

Joe Walsh
09-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Prius = total gayrod.

Unless,

Well there is no unless.

So are you telling me that George Michael, Cooper Anderson AND Ricky Martin can fit in the back seat of a Prius??

I mean.....eventually, even in a Prius, someone has to pump gas!

Plus, a Prius owner cannot go over 68 .... if they go 69 .......they will blow a rod!

License2Bill
09-19-2013, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqRT9RFChf4

YqRT9RFChf4

The relevant part in this next one starts at around 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUsGiGp3w

JmxUsGiGp3w

Ms. Denmark
09-20-2013, 02:39 AM
"Does this Prius make me unattractive? "

The short answer is YES, in so many ways...

Juice
09-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Maybe not the Ford Fusion, but Prius owners had a class action lawsuit against Turdyota for batteries not accepting a full charge after only @ 3 years.

Plus any Hybrid ends up dumping a 300 lb Lithium battery somewhere when it dies.

What gets me is the numbnuts who tell me how great their hybrid is........when they have a long commute ON THE HIGHWAY.
OK...so now you are driving a gas powered vehicle while dragging an extra 300 Lbs of dead weight down the road.....:shake:

I can see someone owning a Hybrid if you do a lot of city driving, or lots of short suburban commutes.

I heard about that too. It was for those old nickel metal hydride batteries that aren't worth a ****. Lithium ion batteries are much more resilient, as well as lighter and smaller for the same charge.

I'm not defending Toyota, I hate them as much as the next guy. Every time I see a Prius I think of some yuppy, entitled white person who wants to scoff at you for killing the planet and eating meat.

My hybrid does the same mpg on the highway as the city. It will run in all electric mode on the freeway, so I get to benefit from that too. I drove from Seattle to San Diego (~1200 miles) and averaged 48.4mpg.

I still have my 9mpg planet killer though, so I'm not a total *****. :lol: