PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Marauder engine removal

Blackcvpi
09-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Hello all.

Just wondering how difficult it is to replace a engine in a 2004 Marauder.

I have done a couple engine swaps on 02- Crown Vic's but never messed with a Marauder or any other 03+ Panther.

Is it more or less the same process?

Any tips or tricks of the trade I should know about?

Thanks in advance.

RacerX
09-25-2013, 10:01 AM
It's very similar. Here ya go:

JoeBoomz
09-25-2013, 10:13 AM
They sum it up nicely in step 36. "Remove the bolt."

:)

RoyLPita
09-25-2013, 11:44 AM
I did one on a 2003 MM. The one was not locked up. The only complication I had was "burping the cooling system".

fastblackmerc
09-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Will be the same as any other engine swap.... why do you think it would be different?

TAKEDOWN
09-26-2013, 07:28 PM
It's very similar. Here ya go:

Thanks for the info.very helpful.

345HP87SSAC
05-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Cool link.

Jeronimojc
05-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Please post what you end up doing to connect the rigging to the block. The ford lifting eyes shown in the shop manual are generally too expensive most people end up using some other means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RacerX
05-17-2014, 04:53 AM
I put bolts through the four angles at the end of the chains, two through the top two holes where the bottom of the alternator bolts up and two through the back of the valley in about the same spot. I believe it's 8mm front and 10mm back. Use a leveler to make it easier.

justbob
05-17-2014, 08:12 AM
I say if your taking it out, take it ALL out! LOL

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/de6u6yra.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/u5u4ame9.jpg

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Jeffonebuck
05-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Please post what you end up doing to connect the rigging to the block. The ford lifting eyes shown in the shop manual are generally too expensive most people end up using some other means.

If your NA you could do this. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/uqevaraq.jpg

Sent from my Tapatalk using Morris Code

Motorhead350
05-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the link.

Jeronimojc
05-19-2014, 04:35 PM
If your NA you could do this. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/uqevaraq.jpg

I think that shows a nylon sling in a basket configuration. That seems simple to me. I would like to rig and lift the engine without removing the intake though.

Jeffonebuck
05-19-2014, 05:49 PM
I would like to rig and lift the engine without removing the intake though.

This is with a 3' sling run thru the lower intake hooked to some clevices on a load leveler. You can do it with the upper in place. I liked it because you can tilt or twist with just these 2 points of lift. My engine was a little tight coming out and had to pry around the bell housing to get it free. On putting it back in I lined up the holes on the flex plate and torque converter to dead center of each and greased the line up guides and it went in no problem. My mistake was leaving the motor mounts with the frame instead of the motor itself. I also had to go in from the side with the lift and take off the wheel to be above center of motor. I could not get to it going in from the front.

Jeronimojc
05-19-2014, 09:33 PM
This is with a 3' sling run thru the lower intake hooked to some clevices on a load leveler. You can do it with the upper in place. I liked it because you can tilt or twist with just these 2 points of lift.

That's great! This seems so much easier than the method's I've come across doing google searches. Do you have other pictures of your removal? I may also need to lift the engine from the side.

Thanks!

Jeffonebuck
05-19-2014, 09:45 PM
It is a longer reach from the front, your lift might have a longer reach. Another step you should do is take the cats off flange to manifold right from the start to give your hands some room to work, also support the transmission before you separate the motor. The hardest part for me was everything underneath while on your back. Keep a torch ready and some parts blaster !