PDA

View Full Version : One Year Ago (Earlier) Today...

License2Bill
10-14-2013, 08:39 PM
I saw my Marauder for the first time. That same day, I test drove it and 2 hours later, I made a down payment on it. :banana:

My plans for the next year: Manual transmission, 4:10s, and some "other" things that to my knowledge haven't been done before to a Marauder in this combination.

marauderthis
10-14-2013, 08:50 PM
A Tremic 6 speed?

Ms. Denmark
10-15-2013, 02:28 AM
Happy Anniversary!:cool:

Haggis
10-15-2013, 04:06 AM
Contact JustBob about the pros and cons of a manual tranny in a Marauder.

Guittard22
10-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Up coming year NH meet is a must !!!! Happy to have you on this Amazing web-site bro

License2Bill
10-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Contact JustBob about the pros and cons of a manual tranny in a Marauder.

These are just what I could come up with on my own...

Pros: 1) When the clutch drops, the bullsh-- stops! 2) Uniqueness (catch 22 see list of Cons) 3)Goodbye slush-box auto 4) Manuals are better. 5) Manuals are easier to repair in my garage vs Autos=gypsy magic

Cons: 1) Traffic 2) Relative lack of support with install due to rarity of this mod 3) Can't think of anything else right now

Up coming year NH meet is a must !!!! Happy to have you on this Amazing web-site bro

Thanks man! If I don't get this job with Disney that I've told you about where I'd be gone from April-October, I'll be there!

JBeezy
10-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Optional for ya on the tranny, but my buddy has two for sale that I just posted in the classifieds. 6 speed from an 2011 5.0 and a 5 speed from an 2005/2006 Mustang GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

License2Bill
10-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Optional for ya on the tranny, but my buddy has two for sale that I just posted in the classifieds. 6 speed from an 2011 5.0 and a 5 speed from an 2005/2006 Mustang GT

Thanks, I posted in that thread already. I'm looking for a 3650 or a 3550 (aftermarket version) with a non-hydraulic clutch & throw out bearing. If I can't find anything, I may contact you about the one out of the GT

justbob
10-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Why would you even contemplate a downgrade going with a cable? For the sake of an install that requires little effort? Think again.

If you intend to stay N/A you would be a fool not to purchase that 3650. I would have to think it would hold up just fine. Going with hydraulic isn't only easier on your leg, it is also one less thing to have to adjust and maintain. Now for the uninformed part, it is the same amount of work or EASIER to set up..

As for clutch dropping, you have no clue of the sheer torque applied at 3,000 RPM's on launch. You may think you do, like I did, just triple what you think you know.. Now imagine grabbing 2nd at 40 and smoking the tires for 40' all the while pulling ridiculously HARD around the ricer that just wouldn't stop sounding off his blow off valve, or the Absolutely neck snapping, skeleton slamming off to never never land, WTF was that!, feel at grabbing 3rd at 70... And yes, I am down playing it.

One other tip is to leave early for every function as you will have people following you to ask about the very strange sound they heard when you left the last street light. Not kidding.

So build away, drive it harder than ever, and enjoy, or send me $25,000 and schedule a hauler and I'll assist loading. As for mods, all. Well except for big brakes, I'm all about the go. :)

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

License2Bill
10-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Woah, that makes this sound even more awesome than I had been thinking. I've got big plans. Increasing the power levels are a definite yes. I'll send you a pm shortly. This car is going to be ludicrous.

JBeezy
10-20-2013, 01:07 PM
After reading that, it makes me want a manual tranny. I need to look into that myself. Hmm...

justbob
10-21-2013, 04:18 AM
Seriously, with no torque converter, it is a whole different animal. Within the first month I chewed over half the teeth off the ring and all the teeth on the pinion on a 5mph launch on the street with street tires, clutch already up, gas matted. I had 4.30's and 31 splines at the time freshly installed less than a year prior. Turns out I crushed the crush sleeve and the pinion went nuts on a suicide mission.

A month or so after that I banana'ed the custom chromoly shaft in 3rd @ 90 at the track and snapped it clean in half. So be prepared for carnage assuming you build this to actually drive it to the limits, or in my case, past her limits.

I haven't had the free time this summer to address the issues of 100+ causing permanent vibrations, but I know it's simply too strong of a shaft and I need to convert back to aluminum or carbon fiber as the rotational mass is simply too long multiplied by too heavy. Sure, it can stand breaking daylight under the fronts all day long, but run it past 115 a couple tree times and you continue to warp it till the inevitable happens.

Just a heads up you WILL have to address the entire drivetrain and suspension, or you will fail. Also, don't bother reading jack off the net for guidance, most if which have proven to be wrong on so many levels I literally laughed. One good example is using the stock cross member, depending on what trans you go with, if using a TR 6060 like me (and I highly suggest you do if upping the power) you should plan on building your own like me, otherwise the pinion angle will be nowhere near the original, not too mention it is the only trans (except for maybe the newer 3650) where the shifter is within an 1 1/4 or so of the factory location and easily shortened to be a perfect fit.

You should expect a retune to address the speedo that now reads exactly double as well the eight trans codes you will throw in the first two feet. You will now be using your parking brake, does yours work?

The ECM stays put, but is tweaked to enter the cabin straight, not on the extreme angle that it currently does.

You will need to wire up a new trans harness, but this is ridiculously easy. Also you have to wire the neutral safety, and the reverse lock out switch, no biggie in those as well.

Also know how to weld and fabricate and have the tooling to see this thru. If I didn't have my lift, I'm quite sure I would have given up. The only true hard part for me was designing the pedal assembly. I may still go back on that and this time ditch the electric pedals to make for a LOT more real-estate above the gas pedal and run my hydraulics over there.

Good luck.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

lji372
10-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Justbob is the man:bows: