PDA

View Full Version : State Farm vs. Geico

tbone
10-20-2013, 02:02 PM
My wife got a new 2013 Honda Accord V6 EX-L. Awesome car. Fast too!

State Farm wants a whopping $468 for 6 months. I checked a comparable Geico policy and it's only $252 for 6 months. For $358 I can add the Marauder too. So 2 cars insured for 6 months for nearly $100 less than 1 car.
So what's the deal with State Farm? Unbelievable!

gdsqdcr
10-20-2013, 02:21 PM
I have Geico and love them. They have some quirks in a claim, such as you must have your car evaluated by their preferred shop. You can have it fixed anywhere but if not a preferred shop, they will run you around a bit. 3 incidents in 6 months, and still not one complaint. A tire tread nailed the front of the wife's 06 accord, a deer met its demise with the front end of the Marauder and a Uhual truck side swilled the truck. My rates still went down.

guspech750
10-20-2013, 03:57 PM
State Farm can suck my d***

I think they are the biggest scam artists.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

tbone
10-20-2013, 04:04 PM
I've had them all my life and didn't question the premiums too much. But when I saw the bill today for $468 for 6 months on a ****ing Accord for a woman with never a single ticket or accident, ever, I was pissed. Now they can go to hell. I'll be shopping my life and home insurance too.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-20-2013, 05:31 PM
State Farm can suck my d***

I think they are the biggest scam artists.

^ Agreed. They are ridiculously expensive and think they are above everyone else. I have been using Progressive and Geico for years now. They have been great.

MarauderMax
10-20-2013, 05:41 PM
There are "tricks" to getting your rates lowered, i.e., who you select for a primary driver, mileage you select, adding additional policys will usually get you a lower rate, of course, the agent won't tell you all the tricks.

I wouldn't have Geico or progressive if my life depended on it, cheaper is not always better. I would rather be over insured than under insured. A ICU room costs 10k a day, for the room, staff and treatment is extra, something you need to think about when you opt for only 5k worth of medical care, who do you suppose will be on the hook for the rest?

As my Dad used to say, your stepping over dollars for dimes.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-20-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't have car insurance so that I will be covered at the ICU. That's what I have health insurance for...

I would rather not throw as much money down the drain with car insurance just because of the name, but to each his own.

MarauderMax
10-20-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't have car insurance so that I will be covered at the ICU. That's what I have health insurance for...

I would rather not throw as much money down the drain with car insurance just because of the name, but to each his own.

Oh ok, wait till you find out what the cap is on your insurance then.

Also, insurance is not for you, but more so for anyone that may have injuries due to a accident (crash) that you are at fault.

Enjoy your cheap auto coverage.

MarauderMax
10-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Just curious, is Illinois a "no fault" state?

tbone
10-20-2013, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't have Geico or progressive if my life depended on it, cheaper is not always better. I would rather be over insured than under insured. A ICU room costs 10k a day, for the room, staff and treatment is extra, something you need to think about when you opt for only 5k worth of medical care, who do you suppose will be on the hook for the rest?

I had my wife's policy in front of me and matched it up line by line. No mistaking the coverage. I'm mad as f*** about this. I think my SF agent has been d***ing me around for a while now.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-20-2013, 07:23 PM
1) I don't understand what advantage you think there is to paying more for state farm than to another big name like geico or progressive. Insurance is insurance. 100/300/100 coverage covers the same amounts regardless of company.

2) I am never at fault.

3) Thank you, I will.

4) No it isn't, you need full coverage.

fireandice9008
10-20-2013, 07:30 PM
It's not just State Farm, I'm going through the same with Allstate. I love allstate, and having a local agent, but i'm currently paying $168/mo for the car and the truck, Geico came in at $74/mo for the exact same coverage. I haven't switched YET, but I'm probably going to.

gdsqdcr
10-20-2013, 07:32 PM
There are "tricks" to getting your rates lowered, i.e., who you select for a primary driver, mileage you select, adding additional policys will usually get you a lower rate, of course, the agent won't tell you all the tricks.

Not sure i understand ...

I have the same policy that I had when I was with Allstate. Same coverage limitations, same everything. I can still bring my car to whatever shop I want to get it fixed, and they pay the bill.

I hit a deer, my car was dropped at a non-preferred shop, and my Marauder was still repaired with all factory parts (including bolts), no deductible and my rates still went down. Now what is the downside of having Geico?

cpe6
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Does Geico insure homes?

RubberCtyRauder
10-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Insurance is a derived by demographics and claims ratios for that area, age, statistics, your credit rating, driving record, all sorts of s^#%. Insurance companies often give first time customers teaser rates for the first term...but when it renews..it keeps raising slowly and steadily (not in all circumstances, there are exceptions to everything) Best option is to find one that is decent on price and has a better claims dept in the case you need it and an agent that will work with you and for you and not upsell things you don't need, for instance I have AAA so I don't need towing. Oh and get your policy for a year rather than 6 months so at least you go a year without a price hike and don't pay it monthly either..that usually adds $5.00 to each payment.

tbone
10-20-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm not promoting Geico, I'm just promoting shopping around when you suddenly get the feeling that some company has their finger probing your ahole. ;)

Marauderjack
10-21-2013, 02:48 AM
State Farm loves complacent customers who never shop rates and unfortunately there are lots of 'em out there!!:shake:

Shop around and ask others about claims and satisfaction level with other companies!!:beer:

Here in SC all rates are high due to lousy drivers and lots of "uninsured drivers"....all companies are State regulated and should cover you equally well if you get equivalent coverages!!:cool:

Good Luck!!:beer:

gdmjoe
10-21-2013, 06:30 AM
tbone ... I'm just promoting shopping around ...
During your shopping around, be sure to consider AAA. Every referral I've made over the years determined that their co$t(s) were lower.

As for me, I've been with 'em for 30+ years. They had the best co$t$ when I initially signed-up and no other carrier has been less since - typically check every couple of years. *Back in 2004 GEIGO offered to switch me for ONLY $600 MORE per year (seriously). That was a no-brainer decision.

Discounts include: multiple vehicle.
all vehicles are garaged. e.g. not left-out overnight.
home owner's policy.
credit rating.
account with local credit union.

Mr. Man
10-21-2013, 06:56 AM
I have Geico now and I am satisfied with them. I shop around every 5 years or so just to see what's going on out in insuranceland. So far Geico has been consistantly at the low end of cost outgo for us. Not going to change policies for a few dollars but if they creep up significantly I'd consider changing.

MarauderMax
10-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Insurance is a derived by demographics and claims ratios for that area, age, statistics, your credit rating, driving record, all sorts of s^#%. Insurance companies often give first time customers teaser rates for the first term...but when it renews..it keeps raising slowly and steadily (not in all circumstances, there are exceptions to everything) Best option is to find one that is decent on price and has a better claims dept in the case you need it and an agent that will work with you and for you and not upsell things you don't need, for instance I have AAA so I don't need towing. Oh and get your policy for a year rather than 6 months so at least you go a year without a price hike and don't pay it monthly either..that usually adds $5.00 to each payment.

There you go. Also, if you have your home and/or business insured through them, the rates will drop, as will adding a personal liability policy.

I used to keep my house separate from my cars, till I priced combining them, then added a personal liability policy, all my cars dropped 50% minimum, most from $400+ to $200 every 6 months for full coverage with $100 deductibles.

But as the poster above said, it is based on a number of variables.

Just as I buy good tires for my car, I buy what I know will be good insurance.

Go2GuyFL
10-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Liberty Mutual ... Auto (3 vehicles), Home and Liability
Geico ... Motorcycle

L.Mark
10-21-2013, 01:37 PM
I've had SF since I was 16...always been cheaper for the coverage. 92 LSC, 03 Impala, 04 Marauder...plus, I've been with them for so long I'm grandfathered and the can't cancel me... I've looked but with a daughter getting ready to get insurance they will be cheaper...AAA even told me that they would be higher because of that...

tbone
10-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Turns out Geico went way up because I had a speeding ticket (that I got supervision on so it shouldn't count), and my wife had a tiny fender bender in a parking lot, no fault, no claim on her car. $350 suddenly turned into $650. Called SF and they reviewed policy and got it down to $750 for 6 months. So, for $200 more a year I'm sticking with SF.

Bradley G
10-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I knew that was coming! LOL, I checked my SF against Geico and Country C. and both were more!
We added renters policy to the fleet of cars and the whole expense went down.
I've had the same agent since driving age and he takes care of us! :coolman:

Turns out Geico went way up because I had a speeding ticket (that I got supervision on so it shouldn't count), and my wife had a tiny fender bender in a parking lot, no fault, no claim on her car. $350 suddenly turned into $650. Called SF and they reviewed policy and got it down to $750 for 6 months. So, for $200 more a year I'm sticking with SF.

tbone
10-21-2013, 04:41 PM
The old bait and switch I guess.

lji372
10-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Hey

Who wants bacon
:fishing:
:fishslap:
Gotcha!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

L.Mark
10-21-2013, 06:10 PM
When I added homes owners insurance my car insurance went down over $100 with State Farm. You do have to watch them though. Alittle bit ago my parents had their 92 LSC towed and they recieved a letter stating that their towing was canceled because they were on the family plan,which included me, and they had 10 tows in TEN YEARS!!! I called the our agent and it was already straightened out. Otherwise really no complaints. About 4-5 years ago when the LSC was hit in the back there was never a problem with what the dealership wanted to repair it or when they called to add something. Total out the door was I believe pushing $8000. They are not perfect but from what I've heard from others with their insurance, I'll pay a little more for the non drama...

License2Bill
10-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm currently with USAA and pay ~$110/month for 6 months. Full coverage, glass, acts of nature etc. I recently looked up a quote for Geico and the same coverage was $78/month for the same term. I think I'll be switching shortly.

1Marauder
10-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes to all above.... And if you go 5-8 years without looking at your rates--no matter who you have, they will have gone up each year-- and you will be paying over market.

Like cable TV, you have to call and cajol them every ar to keep your rates in line. Compare line items (each item) to make sure your policy coverage is the same... And ask to add umbrella coverage if you can for $18-$28 per month... If you own property and other stuff.
Like everything else, data and comps are KING!

fosemuz
01-21-2014, 02:24 PM
bill - in my experience, USAA is always cheaper than GEICO. i wonder why GEICO is cheaper for you.

Cheeseheadbob
01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Erie Insurance for the win. When I had my wheels stolen off the Marauder and it was left on jack stands in my driveway, they paid the $4000 claim and did not blink an eye. My rates never went up.

I have had a couple of homeowner claims as well, and again, no increase in rates. I would suggest finding an established Erie agent and seeing what they can do for you. Good luck with your quest!

champ1173
01-21-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm gonna find out how great State Farm is very soon. I have Progressive, and was in an accident a couple of weeks ago, that wasn't my fault, an the other driver has State Farm. Thank God he had any insurance, since his license was suspended! SF took full responsibility, got me a rent-a-car, and picked up my DD for an estimate. (It wasn't running right after the accident.) I'm pretty sure they're gonna total it, so I'm really curious to see what they're gonna offer me.

L.Mark
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Back in the day when I totaled my parents 88 XR-7 that I sold them, Stat Farm gave them more than $2000 more than it booked for because of mileage and condition...

Motorhead350
01-21-2014, 05:26 PM
I saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.

Spectragod
01-21-2014, 07:06 PM
I saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to reverse and fleeing the scene of the accident.

Now that is funny......

champ1173
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Back in the day when I totaled my parents 88 XR-7 that I sold them, Stat Farm gave them more than $2000 more than it booked for because of mileage and condition...

I'm really hoping for something like that to happen to me. I had, (Because they took it!) a 98 Ford Taurus SE Comfort, that I turned into a SHO. (Everything, except for the V8) It has 145,000 miles on it! Plus, I was hit in Sept by a semi. That insurance screwed me and denied my claim. Probably would've been totaled then. Long story, but needless to say, it wasn't as pretty as it used to be. I'm really afraid they're only going to give me less than a thousand. That would suck! An hour before that accident, I spent $700 on new brake lines. Depending on what they give me, I might buy the car back and part it. I don't see why I couldn't get at least $250 for the wheels and tires alone.

champ1173
01-21-2014, 08:40 PM

That's hilarious! If I remember correctly, didn't you find your MM hit, on your street? Your car gets into accidents without you even being in the car.:shake:

L.Mark
01-21-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm really hoping for something like that to happen to me. I had, (Because they took it!) a 98 Ford Taurus SE Comfort, that I turned into a SHO. (Everything, except for the V8) It has 145,000 miles on it! Plus, I was hit in Sept by a semi. That insurance screwed me and denied my claim. Probably would've been totaled then. Long story, but needless to say, it wasn't as pretty as it used to be. I'm really afraid they're only going to give me less than a thousand. That would suck! An hour before that accident, I spent $700 on new brake lines. Depending on what they give me, I might buy the car back and part it. I don't see why I couldn't get at least $250 for the wheels and tires alone.

When the Cougar wash hit by a van vearing to miss another car while it was my car I had a 82ish dodge charger hood scoop on it before I put the turbo coupe hood on it. The scoop was not damaged(and is now on my LSC), they gave me $25 for it cause the hood was damaged. If you get the right SF adjuster they will work with you...hope all goes well from a SF customer...

Motorhead350
01-22-2014, 05:20 AM
That's hilarious! If I remember correctly, didn't you find your MM hit, on your street? Your car gets into accidents without you even being in the car.:shake:

This is true, but it's been in eight other accidents, all but one from other people. Three or four I didn't even bother with insurance. People like to rear end me. :eek:

champ1173
01-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Ok, a few post ago I mentioned that I was in an accident, and that the other guys insurance was State Farm. Well, they totaled my 145,000 mile, 1998 Ford Taurus SE Comfort, that I made look like a SHO, and had prior damage. (Everything except the V8!) They're giving me $3600, and some change! Holy S**T! I could have never sold it for that much! I was praying for over a thousand, but this, WOW! I have a smile from ear, to ear.
Here's an old picture of it. I figured the snow on it was season appropriate.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y459/champ1173/DSCN0200_zps8bcc2a08.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/champ1173/media/DSCN0200_zps8bcc2a08.jpg.html)

L.Mark
01-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Like I said, the right adjuster. The on eI had for my LSC we were looking up what the fogs lights would cost and other parts to possible put in the claim...till we found out what the cost would be which would bring it ever so cloer to being totaled...we had a good time though...which was weird...

guspech750
01-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Ok, a few post ago I mentioned that I was in an accident, and that the other guys insurance was State Farm. Well, they totaled my 145,000 mile, 1998 Ford Taurus SE Comfort, that I made look like a SHO, and had prior damage. (Everything except the V8!) They're giving me $3600, and some change! Holy S**T! I could have never sold it for that much! I was praying for over a thousand, but this, WOW! I have a smile from ear, to ear.
Here's an old picture of it. I figured the snow on it was season appropriate.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y459/champ1173/DSCN0200_zps8bcc2a08.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/champ1173/media/DSCN0200_zps8bcc2a08.jpg.html)

Now go buy a used 2010 SHO:)

champ1173
01-27-2014, 06:27 PM
First thing I'm gonna get is a SCT Tuner! I gotta do my homework on what my girlfriend wants to get. Her requirements are; Not a Ford, 4 drs, 4 or 6cyl, leather interior, automatic, & front wheel drive. Cobalt, n Cavailer are already out.

License2Bill
01-31-2014, 03:11 AM
First thing I'm gonna get is a SCT Tuner! I gotta do my homework on what my girlfriend wants to get. Her requirements are; Not a Ford, 4 drs, 4 or 6cyl, leather interior, automatic, & front wheel drive. Cobalt, n Cavailer are already out.

Toyota Previa all-trac. Mid engine s/c 4 cylinder awd mini van

Sent from inside the T.A.R.D.I.S.

nh muscle
01-31-2014, 02:16 PM
ive got you all beat . i got bad gas and blew the motor my insurance company paid $14000 for a new 10000 motor and paid to take it out and put it back in and tune it!

sflrainmaker01
01-31-2014, 02:19 PM

I never been much of a Chevy guy, but, I bought a 2011 Impala for my wife a little over a year ago and she loves it! She's got a bit of a heavy foot so I tried to put her in a Malibu, instead. But those mid-size Chevy's are nice (since she won't drive a Ford).

champ1173
01-31-2014, 04:31 PM
ive got you all beat . i got bad gas and blew the motor my insurance company paid $14000 for a new 10000 motor and paid to take it out and put it back in and tune it!

The Winner!!!!

champ1173
01-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Toyota Previa all-trac. Mid engine s/c 4 cylinder awd mini van

Sent from inside the T.A.R.D.I.S.

Were going to look at a 2002 Impala tomorrow. Well, depending on the weather. They're saying 8 inches! Maybe I can get the car for cheaper!:)
It has 96,000 miles, 6cyl, auto on the floor, 4whl discs, leather interior, heated seats, (They were the selling point to her, when I bought the MM!) sunroof, and a one owner car. She thought the Taurus was long! I'm pretty sure the Impala's about the same length.

L.Mark
01-31-2014, 07:39 PM
Were going to look at a 2002 Impala tomorrow. Well, depending on the weather. They're saying 8 inches! Maybe I can get the car for cheaper!:)
It has 96,000 miles, 6cyl, auto on the floor, 4whl discs, leather interior, heated seats, (They were the selling point to her, when I bought the MM!) sunroof, and a one owner car. She thought the Taurus was long! I'm pretty sure the Impala's about the same length.

If it's got the 3400 think twice...the 3800 is the best and most trouble free...otherwise a really good car. I have a 2003 LS...:D

champ1173
01-31-2014, 08:19 PM
If it's got the 3400 think twice...the 3800 is the best and most trouble free...otherwise a really good car. I have a 2003 LS...:D

It's a LS w/the 3800, Silver, and it looks like it's got a whole bunch of bells and whistles. If it makes her happy, it makes me happy. Plus I wouldn't have to drive the MM in this crappy weather! Hoping with all the hype about Nitto Motivos, that they'll help give me a lil more traction out there. Well, for the remainder of the time I have to drive it in this, nasty, depressing, icy, slippery, cold, weather. I DONT LIKE IT!!!!

tjh1127
05-29-2014, 04:58 PM
I have progressive. Massively cheaper than anyone else.

tjh1127
05-29-2014, 05:00 PM
It's a LS w/the 3800, Silver, and it looks like it's got a whole bunch of bells and whistles. If it makes her happy, it makes me happy. Plus I wouldn't have to drive the MM in this crappy weather! Hoping with all the hype about Nitto Motivos, that they'll help give me a lil more traction out there. Well, for the remainder of the time I have to drive it in this, nasty, depressing, icy, slippery, cold, weather. I DONT LIKE IT!!!!

Just ask about the head gasket. They all go bad on the 3800 motor right around 100k miles. It's not if it's when. Other than that the engine is bulletproof. Look for coolant pooling anywhere or coolant drips on the block from the valve cover. If it hasn't started yet might as well change it anyway

Spectragod
05-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Cheaper is always better, until you need it.

marauderthis
05-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Here is the trick claim you are here illegally. Your Congressman
will get you Vouchers for all sorts of entitlements and free goodies including Obamacar auto insurance. This too will be the American way

State Farm wants a whopping $468 for 6 months. I checked a comparable Geico policy and it's only $252 for 6 months. For $358 I can add the Marauder too. So 2 cars insured for 6 months for nearly $100 less than 1 car.
So what's the deal with State Farm? Unbelievable![/QUOTE]

RF Overlord
05-30-2014, 07:49 AM
Just ask about the head gasket. They all go bad on the 3800 motor right around 100k miles.I thought it was the lower intake manifold gasket...haven't heard of any head gasket issues with this motor.

tjh1127
05-30-2014, 08:14 AM
I thought it was the lower intake manifold gasket...haven't heard of any head gasket issues with this motor.

You're probably right. One of them there gaskets! Lol. It's been about a year since my gf had to have here done I can't remember.

jwibbity
05-30-2014, 10:36 AM
USAA FTW!!!!!

Joe Walsh
05-30-2014, 02:36 PM
^ Agreed. They are ridiculously expensive and think they are above everyone else. I have been using Progressive and Geico for years now. They have been great.

I would say the same thing about GEICO. Those D-bags wouldn't even insure my '85 Mustang GT...."Because it is a high powered sports car, and we don't insure them."...F GEICO!

I've had SF since I was 16...always been cheaper for the coverage. 92 LSC, 03 Impala, 04 Marauder...plus, I've been with them for so long I'm grandfathered and the can't cancel me... I've looked but with a daughter getting ready to get insurance they will be cheaper...AAA even told me that they would be higher because of that...

Same here...I've had SF since I was driving.
I've checked their rates and no one can come close except for a few fly-by-night cheapies....not going to try them!

I knew that was coming! LOL, I checked my SF against Geico and Country C. and both were more!
We added renters policy to the fleet of cars and the whole expense went down.
I've had the same agent since driving age and he takes care of us! :coolman:

When I added homes owners insurance my car insurance went down over $100 with State Farm. You do have to watch them though. Alittle bit ago my parents had their 92 LSC towed and they recieved a letter stating that their towing was canceled because they were on the family plan,which included me, and they had 10 tows in TEN YEARS!!! I called the our agent and it was already straightened out. Otherwise really no complaints. About 4-5 years ago when the LSC was hit in the back there was never a problem with what the dealership wanted to repair it or when they called to add something. Total out the door was I believe pushing $8000. They are not perfect but from what I've heard from others with their insurance, I'll pay a little more for the non drama...

SF also covers my home and some valuables on a rider policy...you get the best deal when you bundle policies.

SF gave me an ADDER for the '95 GM when my stepson totaled it!
They said that it was in excellent condition and I got something like an extra $700 in the settlement check.
I've never had a hassle when filing any claim, and have received at least, and sometimes more, than what I was expecting.

Joe Walsh
05-30-2014, 02:43 PM
USAA FTW!!!!!

The A-Hole who rammed my Marauder with his HUMONGOUS Chevy truck had USAA insurance.
They were the slimiest dirtbag company to deal with.
Wanted to fix my Marauder's trunk and taillights with all used junkyard taxi parts.
Wanted to use standard CV rear valence cover.
Wouldn't pay to remount my rear spoiler onto the trunk.
Wouldn't give me 'depreciated value' for my now wrecked, low mile Marauder.
Acted like they never heard of the term 'depreciated value'!
I had to hire an auto appraiser at close to $400 to finally get USAA to cut me money for depreciated value.
They only gave me @ $500 even though the appraisal claimed close to $2,000 depreciated value.
I finally gave up chasing those dicks and cashed the $500 check.
'F' USAA!

jwibbity
05-30-2014, 03:44 PM
The A-Hole who rammed my Marauder with his HUMONGOUS Chevy truck had USAA insurance.
They were the slimiest dirtbag company to deal with.
Wanted to fix my Marauder's trunk and taillights with all used junkyard taxi parts.
Wanted to use standard CV rear valence cover.
Wouldn't pay to remount my rear spoiler onto the trunk.
Wouldn't give me 'depreciated value' for my now wrecked, low mile Marauder.
Acted like they never heard of the term 'depreciated value'!
I had to hire an auto appraiser at close to $400 to finally get USAA to cut me money for depreciated value.
They only gave me @ $500 even though the appraisal claimed close to $2,000 depreciated value.
I finally gave up chasing those dicks and cashed the $500 check.
'F' USAA!

the butthurt is strong with this one, :P:P

:lol:

Joe Walsh
05-30-2014, 03:54 PM
the butthurt is strong with this one, :P:P

:lol:

Yes....

Everytime I see a USAA commercial, I throw my empty beer cans at the TV screen!
Luckily for my TV set, I'm not 'Elvis rich'..... and I cannot afford to shoot the TV screen with a pistol!

BTW: That BIG, POS Chevy truck put the major 'butthurt' on my Marauder's rearend!

Bluerauder
05-30-2014, 04:24 PM
They were the slimiest dirtbag company to deal with....
'F' USAA!

I have had USAA for more than 42 years and never had a problem.

What I don't understand is why you were dealing with USAA to begin with. Why didn't your insurance company pressure to recover your actual repair costs?

Last June, when my Taurus SHO was rear-ended on I-95 at Springfield by the dump truck (who hit 5 other cars before mine was caught up in the ripple), I just turned the insurance info from the car behind me and the dump truck that caused it all in to my USAA agent.

My car was in the repair shop later that same day with a USAA estimate and a rental car reservation. The car was fixed with OEM parts to the tune of about $4,500 plus another $600 for a car rental (I have rental coverage too). USAA worked to recover all costs plus my deductible from the other insurance companies involved. I didn't have to deal with anyone but my USAA agent. The SHO was repaired to my satisfaction with minimal effort on my part and no increase in premium either.

Understand that you think you got screwed by USAA; but your insurance company should have been pressing the issue for you .... that's what you pay them for. What am I missing here ??

Joe Walsh
05-30-2014, 05:15 PM
I have had USAA for more than 42 years and never had a problem.

What I don't understand is why you were dealing with USAA to begin with. Why didn't your insurance company pressure to recover your actual repair costs?

Last June, when my Taurus SHO was rear-ended on I-95 at Springfield by the dump truck (who hit 5 other cars before mine was caught up in the ripple), I just turned the insurance info from the car behind me and the dump truck that caused it all in to my USAA agent.

My car was in the repair shop later that same day with a USAA estimate and a rental car reservation. The car was fixed with OEM parts to the tune of about $4,500 plus another $600 for a car rental (I have rental coverage too). USAA worked to recover all costs plus my deductible from the other insurance companies involved. I didn't have to deal with anyone but my USAA agent. The SHO was repaired to my satisfaction with minimal effort on my part and no increase in premium either.

Understand that you think you got screwed by USAA; but your insurance company should have been pressing the issue for you .... that's what you pay them for. What am I missing here ??

I DID NOT use the USAA recommended shop as they wanted to turn the car around in a day or two with lots of used CV parts.
They even threatened/hinted that they might have to total it....yeah...RIGHT!
Oh...I eventually got USAA to cover all of the costs AND I forced them to buy all new OEM parts.*
The guy who rear ended me was with USAA and they paid over $9,000 to fix my Marauder.

Also had to go to war with them concerning the depreciated value after a fellow MM.net member told me how to do it.
USAA just acted dumbfounded when I brought up the issue of depreciated value.
They never would budge on their $500 offer/check.
Why would my insurance company get involved in depreciated value claim?

* I got one of the last OEM rear bumper covers left in FORD's inventory...at only $1,400!.....:eek:

Marylandrauder
05-31-2014, 04:24 PM
Two years-$5 increase for this last 6 months. They are the way to go.:)

jmsa540
12-07-2014, 01:16 PM
USAA is awesome, been with them for five years, problem free. Three incidents within 5 years and I couldn't be happier!