PDA

View Full Version : That's it for 2013 for the JoeBoomz

JoeBoomz
10-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Woke up today to strong winds from north east and a heavy snowfall warning in effect. Sanders are out putting crap all over the roads. Thus ends my 2013 year with my Marauder! It's parked for winter now.

It was a short year for my car; I cooked #8 on the stock motor due to lack of cooling mod in June. Stock motor still runs strong but has a head tick now, so I decided to avoid further damage by parking the car, and ordered an 04 cobra motor to set it up properly for future operation. It took until September to get the car running again. So in the end, this year I only got to drive it for about 3 months. :(

Been making great tuning progress and boy does it pull now.... I can't wait until spring to get on the road with it again! My long term plans including finding a bigger blower than my V2 (D1SC or a newer Novi) and convert to 8-rib with return system and dual pumps on 60lb injectors.

This winter we will continue to work on Dad's whipple build. We got the hood off his car yesterday and will start pulling his stock motor over the next few weekends. His car was run NA and goes perfectly, only has about 20,000 miles on it. Replacing with an 04 cobra motor with 2.4L whipple and a triple pump return fuel system on 80lb injectors. Long term plans for his is to swap it to a 4L crusher and make big power.

Hopefully by summer next year, we have both cars running and can put "the twins" in the local car shows! Canadians can see the rare Marauders represented with both style of blowers side by side - roots and centri.

This was the main reason why I stayed with my centri - I didn't want our two marauders side by side with everything looking the same under the hood ;)

JBeezy
10-27-2013, 04:20 PM
I hear ya Joe. Put her up for the winter and get ready for spring. It's only a few months away. The winter will fly by before you even realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald
10-27-2013, 06:57 PM
About the only benefit of living in California. Don't have to stop driving. :)

lji372
10-27-2013, 07:07 PM

Well worth the trade off to me :lol:

Limited360
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM

Not sure its a bonus when your sitting in traffic waiting to SMOG your car...

:flamer:

Almost time to put the car away in Michigan as well. Sad. :(